Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music Lessons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sparkleh

Hi there,
    I am looking for somebody to teach my 4 year old piano at home in Dublin 11. PM me if you are interested with your qualifications and rate.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭conor_l

Have a recording studio space available for hire in city centre / D1 area for anyone who is looking for a central space for using for music production / piano / guitar / music lessons

Flexible rates and scheduling. PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Subject(s): Guitar and music theory
    Lessons in Student's Home? No
    Contact Name: Pat
    Email: pat_hargan (at) hotmail.com or phone 086 3410372

Guitar and music theory tuition for RIAM and ABRSM grades or just for fun. Beginners welcome, minimum age 8 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Henwood

I think many folks in their retirement take up learning a musical instrument , violin or piano. What is the general opinion, is it harder for an older person to learn piano or violin? or does that depend on whether that person already has a background in music.
    I would like to hear music tutors experiences of older folks learning. Are they usually successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bookywook

Piano teacher:Ratoath, Co. Meath

Qualified and experienced piano teacher available to give lessons in the Ratoath area. All ages and levels welcome.

Phone: 086 4546857
    Email: deelittlemissy@yahoo.con

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Hardbreaks

Hi, I have been playing guitar for 14 years now. I am currently awaiting my result for ATCL Diploma in Classical Guitar Performance classical guitar. I hold a Grade 5 distinction in Music Theory and Grade 8 Distinction in Classical Guitar Performance with The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music.

I have played in bands touring both the U.K and Ireland as well as a Top 30 single in the Irish Charts. My previous bands material can be hard at www.myspace.com/ideamotion

I have over 4 years teaching experience having taught in the Blanchardstown School Of Music aswell as a base of my own students.
    Lessons can be arranged in Dublin City Centre and can also arrange calling to you.
    Please contact for more details.

Cheers.
    Tom
    thomasjohnboland@gmail.com

7b11b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dublin guitar academy

I have limited slots available for guitar lessons,
    I currently tutor at a third level institute and run the dublin guitar academy.
    We offer group lessons, lessons in your home and much more.
    We cover grades 1 - 8 from trinity rockschool.

I have worked in association with bands like the darkness, rodrigo y gabriela, fozzy, 3 doors down over the years.

contact
    dublinguitaracademy@hotmail.com
    or
    www.dublin-guitar-academy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hearthemusic

Piano Lessons available for all levels - Sandycove

Lessons in my own home and are on a pay-as-you-go basis. RIAM exams catered for. If interested, please contact me at rdohertypm@gmail.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Zaphodius

John D’Arcy is a musician and guitar teacher. He performs in venues across the city as a solo artist and in collaboration with other musicians.

From his studio in Ballinteer he teaches to beginners, improvers, and intermediate levels in both small groups and one-to-one classes. What’s more is that John will travel to you if you cannot get to him - a definite advantage.

Students from 8 years old to 80 are welcome and with easy access via the M50 Ballinteer has proved a popular and easily reachable learning venue for students from Rathmines, Rathgar, Ranelagh, Dundrum, Churchtown, Rathfarnham, Sandyford, Knocklyon, Balally, Templeogue, Tallaght, Belfield, Blackrock, Foxrock, Kilmacud Kilternan, Milltown, Stillorgan, and Terenure.

As well as a preset syllabus for beginners and improvers, John will assess your playing ability and whatever playing level you have reached and take you on from that point. Guitar courses are tailored to suit the individual student’s needs. John also teaches for Rockschool grades.

For more details of the guitar lessons taught contact John at 085–832–2630.

http://www.johndarcymusician.com

563337_572732339423267_362055485_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Looking for classical violin teacher in Clonmel/South Tipp/North Cork for my six year old currently studying for her grade two exam. My husband is a concert pianist and I'm an opera singer so we have fairly high standards and would prefer someone well established and experienced who provides regular performance opportunities for the children and we would be willing to travel within reason. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ECF

Does anyone know where I could get piano lessons in Co Roscommon.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Phil Gaynor

I am a full time drum teacher and session drummer you can see my details at www.drumlessonscentre.com all lessons are 1-2-1 and all styles are covered - Rock, Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin and many more.

I teach the Trinity Guildhall grades system. So if you are looking to learn how to read drum sheet music or just freshen up and add to your existing drumming standard or simply to learn drums for fun - get in touch and we can discuss your needs. I have several students who have sat drums in their leaving cert higher level music exam and have passed with honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 claero

Subject(s): Piano
    Location: Co Kildare (Naas, Celbridge, Maynooth, Blessington, Newbridge, Clane areas)
    Lessons in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name: Clare Wilson
    Email: clarewilson3@gmail.com

I've been teaching all levels of piano from beginner to diploma for over 10 years, with all students achieving high marks in exams. I'm qualified in music up to Masters level and also am a qualified Special Needs Assistant. In my lessons I include theory, musicianship and music history, and tailor my lessons to suit each student's individual needs. All ages welcome, from 6 onwards as it's never too late to learn something new! For further information on availability and rates please don't hesitate to send me an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 equipedalto

Violin, viola, theory (including Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate Grinds) - Cork
    From September I'll be living in Bishopstown but my family home is in Kinsale where I can also teach depending on the day. I can travel around Kinsale or teach in the house, but can only teach in my house in Bishopstown as I won't have transport!
    BMus graduate, passionate teacher and particular experience with adults/adult beginners. All levels welcome! :)
    corkmusique@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sallyanne82

Hi just wondering if you are still doing violin lessons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 equipedalto

Hi just wondering if you are still doing violin lessons?

I sure am! Drop me a PM here or email me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Hardbreaks

Hi everyone,

My new website for Guitar Lessons is now up and running.

Lessons in your home also available.

For more info please see www.schoolofguitar.ie

flyer_fa_page_1.jpg

Thanks!
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 4 niamhlynch

I'm teaching piano in East Donegal.
    Preferably, I would do beginners/taster classes and cheap extra classes.
    I can't come to individual houses but I have a piano and all the books and sheets the student needs, so there's no extra cost there.
    I'm working towards a Teaching Diploma with the Royal Irish Academy of Music. I have plenty of experience of working with children.
    It's really only temporary so I will charge €6 for a half an hour class, €10 for an hour, which is a good €20 cheaper than your average class.
    You can contact me at niamhlynch01@gmail.com or on 0830099829.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Lisa85 wrote: »
    Piano teacher (starting out) available to teach for all exam boards. Currently studying for diploma.
    Rates are 12euro per half hour and there are ten half hour lessons per term.

Located in Raheny, Dublin.

If interested send a pm and I will get back to you.

Are you still taking students? Have you rec'd your diploma?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 amg23

Hi

Would anyone have recommendation for a piano and violin teacher in oranmore/athenry/loughrea area of Galway for RIAM exams?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eleanor85

Violin/piano/junior/leaving cert
    Teacher available PGDE BMus.
    Registered with the teaching council and has garda clearance
    In cork city but as I have a car am able to travel. Have years of teaching classical violin and piano alongside teaching music in a secondary school up to leaving cert honours level.
    Good competitive rates.
    Email me for more information
    eleanornichonchuir@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Free classical guitar lessons on the internet, given by Jean-François Delcamp, Professor at the Brest Conservatory of Music, Dance and Drama in Brittany.

The lessons will begin in September 2013 and finish in June 2014. These classical guitar lessons correspond to the first five years at music school.

The lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have the opportunity of having a teacher.

The conditions for registration are available on the forum: www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭dubsaab

I am looking for beginners Adult Piano Lessons in South Dublin (Stillorgan / Blackrock area preferred)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

Looking for a clarinet teacher for a beginner in Galway city/east Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Piano101

Qualified teacher in Dublin 3 area.

Teaching on brand new piano.

Comfortable home environment.

Contact Jimmy at 0852773624.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Guitar and singing lessons from experienced teacher available in the Offaly area. Would also suit people in the East Westmeath area. Great rates per half hour lesson. One to one and groups of 2/3 catered for. Pm for number and details.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

I'm looking for a teacher who can help me improve my piano (adult beginner/intermediate) by learning some pieces but also studying harmony, structure/musical form in the context of those of those pieces. I'd also like to get to grips with basic compositonal techniques. PM me if you can provide this.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

hubiedubie wrote: »
    I'm looking for a teacher who can help me improve my piano (adult beginner/intermediate) by learning some pieces but also studying harmony, structure/musical form in the context of those of those pieces. I'd also like to get to grips with basic compositonal techniques. PM me if you can provide this.

A location will help you find someone...I can help if you are near Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 13 becklyncho

I am looking for clarinet lessons in the Galway area=- anyone know of any teachers??? its for my little sister she is looking to start.?? pm me thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

Looking for violin lessons for a four year old in or around Tramore/Waterford city. Thanks

Advertisement