Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recomment Delay\Effects Pedal

• 01-08-2006 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Anyone care to recommend a Delay pedal for an electrc guitar.

Not really a good guitarist, more just messing around with it. Not looking to spend a great deal of money either, my amp already has a Chorus effect. Anyone recommend either a good Delay pedal or else something else that will produce multiple effects.

Budget is under €200.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

how many times are you going to post this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 BarneyMac

If your budget goes too €200 then this should be more than enough to get a second hand delay. Boss are usually the best but i suppose every musician has a different opinion. I recently bought a multi effects set which was €475 but i'd been saving for a while. It's a Boss GT8 and the best i've ever had....it's got everything under the sun in there.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BOSGT8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If you're just a bedroom player then I would recommend something like a Zoom 707II. A brand new one would be around €150. They're not fantastic but it's an ok all rounder and wouldn't be suitable for gigging or recording

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

hands down line6 tonecore echo park

the boss dd-6 is also popular

this is the correct forum

lots of people don't like the zoom 707II bt i have to say its not that bad if your just messin around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

how many times are you going to post this

Sorry about the triple posting, posted in originally in Music forum and someone suggested I move it to the Instruments Forum which I went to do but then mistakenly put it into the Theory Forum.
    Bit of a Frank Spencer moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Thanks for the suggestions...!

of course if u want to experiment a bit and want to just learn about effects and alternate route would be to buy a **** load of cheap pedals

check out www.audiocity.ie for a range of behringer pedals that might interest u

they are only on average 20 quid each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭nohshow

If you aren't gigging, you might want to check out the Minicube (nobody's recommended that for ages) and trade in the amp you have. Minicube has chorus, delay, reverb and something else I can't remember - probably flange or something - and has output jacks for recording. The whole outfit is inside your budget, so with a trade-in ...

But you're probably happy with the amp you have. Check out the Minicube, anyway - Christmas is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Think he means MicroCube (Roland) ;)

yah the cube is savage and i wouldn't be without one but i wouldn't recommend it if u wanted to explore the effects (in this case delay),cos although its fantastishly cool it is a fairly basic effects parameter setup.

the effects on it do sound great tho in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Boss DD-6 is my weapon of choice. Expensive but full of tricks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

As I say in all threads related to effects pedals, boutique pedals are the way forward. There's a lot of good boutique delay to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Id have to say boss dd-6 aswell, or the line6 echo park

Advertisement