Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Honda Civic 2006 - Wing Mirror Mishap

• 18-06-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi all, i recently had a bit of mishap and long story short cracked the casing of my left wing mirror. Now its not the actual mirror casing itself but the plastic see through shield protecting the indicator bulb in the mirror. Ive been looking around the Internet for ages trying to find a replacement for it but no luck. I don't particularly want to head to Honda for a replacement place and fitting as well lets face it ill be charged a bomb. Anyone know of any web sites i can get this replacement part or any advice.(I don't actually know if i can get this small part separate or have to get the whole mirror or casing!) maybe someone can clarify. thanks for the help. cheers all!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You might be able to get it off a scappy, not that many of those will have been crashed yet but its possible. Also could try Traynors (www.traynors.co.uk) in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Why not ask Honda for a price? You could be surprised at the price? (not that I know, but I always ask dealers first).

For example, I wanted floor mats for our Stream. Halfords et al had these rubbery thingys for €50 for two, tesco was €39.95 for something similar. However, the genuine Honda mats for the three rows was €60.50. Perfect fit, perfect colour with the Stream logo embroidered into the driver's mat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

jayok wrote: »
    For example, I wanted floor mats for our Stream. Halfords et al had these rubbery thingys for €50 for two, tesco was €39.95 for something similar. However, the genuine Honda mats for the three rows was €60.50. Perfect fit, perfect colour with the Stream logo embroidered into the driver's mat.

I've never paid for branded mats! Usually one of the first things you negotiate off the dealer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 luckyD

Cheers for that. Tried to ring Traynors there, couldnt get through but sent an e-mail instead. Looking through the website though theres lots to choose from! Thanks for the help :)

Why not ask Honda for a price? You could be surprised at the price? (not that I know, but I always ask dealers first).

Your right Honda are usually good at that type of stuff(got the full civic set of mats thrown in for free when i bought the car, embroidered and all) but they're seriously expensive when it comes to body damage. Ill give them a ring tomorrow when they're open again just to check for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I'll try ringing them again tomorrow if i dont hear back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

An idiot broke my drivers door mirror "glass" a couple of years ago and I was sure it was going to cost a good few quid. I was surprised to find that it only cost 20 Euro. The car was a Honda Accord so you might be surprised although if you require the entire mirror it will probably cost around 200 Euro :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MYOB wrote: »
    I've never paid for branded mats! Usually one of the first things you negotiate off the dealer...
    I've never paid dealer prices!:D I always buy branded mats for every car I get. No other mats fit properly.

OP, try Honda, tho I'd say it will be pricey especially if you have to buy the whole mirror. Which wouldn't surprise me.

I don't buy off dealers :)

• Advertisement

I don't buy off dealers :)

I'm too addicted to new car smell and peeling the sticky plastic off the window trims to not do it :(

I'm too addicted to new car smell and peeling the sticky plastic off the window trims to not do it :(

Tell me about it! As soon as the new VRT kicks in its a new type s for me . . . . . . mmmm sticky plastic everywhere:)

An idiot broke my drivers door mirror "glass" a couple of years ago and I was sure it was going to cost a good few quid. I was surprised to find that it only cost 20 Euro. The car was a Honda Accord so you might be surprised although if you require the entire mirror it will probably cost around 200 Euro :eek:.

Was that from a Honda Garage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

luckyD wrote: »
    Was that from a Honda Garage?
    Yes. From the Honda dealer in Waterford.

Got on to Honda this morning, stated that they don't do the plastic piece separate and i would have to but the whole turn signal component! priced at 100euro. All this for a tiny piece of plastic! Serves me right for not concentrating!

Get the Honda part number and start googling for it. You may find it cheaper on the web elsewhere.

Advertisement