Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ebay nugget

Options
  • 01-08-2006 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Check out this one. The guy keeps relisting this $1000 piece of wood which won't sell but you've got to read the questions and answers which might explain why it won't shift :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

'been wanting a real Fender toilet seat lid for quite some time'

classic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

"Don't ask me how I can tell if this body is original or not.....
    If you can't tell by the pictures, routing markes and wood dowels, this auction is not for you.
    Don't miss out!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That guy is a real plank...

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I lol'd HARD at that page.

"Q:Hi, this body looks like it was made in Malaysia. Do you have the original Country-of-Origin documentation?

A:Said another loser who buys guitars for $96.00"

Charming man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

He seems like a charming guy though. Really, I can sense a soft interior under the bravado.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well that guy's definety a nugget alright! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭billycox

There's a picture there of a half dismantled jazz bass, it has what looks like string dampeners near the bridge,
    Anyone know what they are, and where i can get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That guy is my new ebay hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Did he just strip down the Bass and is now selling (or has already sold) the stripped down parts as well as the body? His previously sold items would suggest so.

-edit Just read the questions on the auction page and seemimgly he admits freely to having taken apart the Bass just to sell the parts at a ridiculous price.

Advertisement