Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travelling from Kildare/Tullamore to Sandyford

• 01-05-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was wondering which is the best(cheapest and quickest) way to travel from kildare to sandyford and tullamore to sandyford if I were to be in sandyford for 9am. Bus, train etc:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean9015

ainemdg wrote: »
    I was wondering which is the best(cheapest and quickest) way to travel from kildare to sandyford and tullamore to sandyford if I were to be in sandyford for 9am. Bus, train etc:)

When I commuted from Portlaoise to Sandyford, I used train to Heuston, cycled to Stephens Green, then LUAS. Bus was limited (and slow) for the run to Dublin, and there were limited bus services from Dublin to Sandyford. Cycling between train and LUAS saved between 15 and 30 minutes on the bus transfer (on a good day I could walk it faster than the bus!)

Driving could be quicker, but I didn't want to drive every day - and the M50 widening works were ongoing at the time which extended drive times. Better to sit on the train with a pint on the way home :)

Sean

Advertisement