Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FX: Alves v Kampmann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,924 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ah, was about to point out the days were wrong. But when I quoted it it had changed.

The UFC have introduced Sudden Death Rounds for the Fly-weights bracket fights. Good move. It's not a great card, far pooer compared to 127 and 110, both in the same arena the alst two years.

I'm hoping they'll have a few promos in in Sydney in the lead up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mellor wrote: »
    Ah, was about to point out the days were wrong. But when I quoted it it had changed.

The UFC have introduced Sudden Death Rounds for the Fly-weights bracket fights. Good move. It's not a great card, far pooer compared to 127 and 110, both in the same arena the alst two years.

I'm hoping they'll have a few promos in in Sydney in the lead up.

Yeah I only remembered it was Friday night and tried to do a sneaky edit. Thanks for pointing it out lol :p

I wonder why they put on such a poor card for an international event. It's along the line of the cards they usually put out for the "Fight for the Troops" events.
    Although in saying that, you can never judge a card on face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Its on ESPN at 3am Saturday morning

Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah I only remembered it was Friday night and tried to do a sneaky edit. Thanks for pointing it out lol :p
    It was half to make sure I was seeing correctly, and half to get the the cheap brag that im going (re-brag there obv) ;)
    CageWager wrote: »
    Its on ESPN at 3am Saturday morning

That sounds about right. It's normal for main cards to start at 2pm in sydney, so thats 3am in Ireland. (friday night/saturday morning)

The prelims start at 1am, and are prob on facebook.

If I heard any tweets from Dana about give-aways or promos I'll post here for those of us in Sydney.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Any word on the weigh in's or anything else happening in the lead up to this?

10AM start on the tickets, thats pretty early!

• Advertisement

Any word on the weigh in's or anything else happening in the lead up to this?

10AM start on the tickets, thats pretty early!
    Yeah, and hour earlier that last year.

I'd say the weigh-ins will be in StarCity on Friday afternoon. i hope so. Homebush is too awkward to get to. I'll post if I hear further.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I think people are overlooking how awesome this Flyweight tourney is gonna be! I can't wait!

Fight Week events
    http://www.facebook.com/events/198528396914552/

A bit annoyed that the Weigh-in is out in AllPhones. I won't make that.
    But the other media stuff looks good. I can walk to The Light Brigade in paddington from my appartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Fingers crossed for Cork MMA Clinic's Jake Hecht, looking for his second UFC win following that great stoppage of Rich Attonito before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

The flyweights are definitely what im looking forward to on this card, Im quite curious what that division will look like. Probably it will involve blur marks from the speed. Eventually John Dodson will reach a speed of 88 miles an hour and then travel back in time to 1955. Hilarity ensues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

You heading to the event Mellor?

Main event should be pretty good. Hopefully the pitbull will be back to his ferocious best.

The flyweights will be great wars too, they've just haven't had the benefit of the UFC marketing machine to get people interested in them yet. Come the end of 2012 and a couple of fights people will start to enjoy the division and appreciate the smaller class.

horsemeat wrote: »
    You heading to the event Mellor?

Yeah, doesn't bother me that its an FX card. I can't wait.
    I'll miss a lot of the fight week events due to work, which is a shame as I live right bedside those locations. Arianny and Ben Henderson are down on one of my local Beaches tomorrow. But I'm hoping to get to Cain Velasquez tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Enjoy it Mellor. Think the 125 tournament will be unbelievable. Hopefully Mighty Mouse can take it.

Got to the bar straight after work. I think a lot if people were stuck in traffic as there wasn't much crowd.
    Met Cain Velasquez, Chad Mendes and Mike Pyle. Was expecting to be rushed through. But the crowd stayed small at the start and I was able to stand around and chat away. They were more than happy to take photos.
    Cain says he's fighting Mir in the summer. Maybe late May. Spoke to Pyle about the Kampman fight. He's in his corner on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Mellor wrote: »
    Got to the bar straight after work. I think a lot if people were stuck in traffic as there wasn't much crowd.
    Met Cain Velasquez, Chad Mendes and Mike Pyle. Was expecting to be rushed through. But the crowd stayed small at the start and I was able to stand around and chat away. They were more than happy to take photos.
    Cain says he's fighting Mir in the summer. Maybe late May. Spoke to Pyle about the Kampman fight. He's in his corner on Saturday.

Mir v Cain will be a cool fight, Mir will have to get his finger out. Did you ask him about the JDS fight?

pauldoo wrote: »
    Mir v Cain will be a cool fight, Mir will have to get his finger out. Did you ask him about the JDS fight?
    What was I supposed to say.
    I hardly think he has forgotten about it. Like wise, I wasn't gonna bring up the Aldo fight with Mendes.

The first loss for both guys, and it was both their most recent fights.

A bit annoy that I forgot to keep an eye on twitter. First person outside the pub to shout aussie aussie aussie got sign gloves and a jersey signed by the full card. I even seen Pyle going outside to get ready and didn't know what for.
    Only new to twitter but missed my chance there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Is anyone watching this?

Quite decent first fight just there..
    Daniel Pineda won via arm-bar

There's a cool new feature on ufc.tv where you can hop back to previous matches during certain points ie submission / start of rounds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

I'm watching, what a sub from Waldburger!

Looking forward to Cole Miller's fight.

Had no idea the prelims were on so early. Nice!

THis next fight is all Cole Miller. Can't see Siler getting anywhere near a win here.

Edit: Cole Miller is ridiculous for 145!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will the main card be on ufc.tv too for free?

• Advertisement

Round 1 to Siler. 2 was close, Miller might have taken it.

I had it 1-1 and Siler taking RD.3 until the final minute.

I reckon Cole might've edged it now. Either way, great fight!

Didn't expect that, thought Cole edged it too. He should stick with 155 and do the grudge match with Cowboy.

Super fight. Delighted with the result. Roundswise I thought Cole would've taken it but overall (Pride style) I thought Siler had the best of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Siler looks like a prick, true story

Strange stoppage there, 1 second left in the round!

I was fully sure that Kimura would finish it!

I wish the ref would STFU!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wish the ref would STFU!
    I came on just to post the same thing! So annoying.

That was a good fight from the heavies, Jordan was impressive.

• Advertisement

Nice win for Te Huna there!

Advertisement