Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stalking

• 14-02-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had, well basically it's beginning to seem like stalking.
    I'm getting constant texts every day. They ring my phone time and time again and then text me asking why I never answer. I've explained to them 3 times now in person. I'm receiving very weird messages of poetry. I've been followed to a nightclub. It's getting beyond obsessive. I was woken up in the middle of the night last night at 4am with phone calls.
    I don't want to have to change my number but I might have to. Luckily they don't know my exact address.
    What can you do in these situations? I'm really getting sick of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Aw someone has a secret admirer... embrace it, it's Valentine's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Ya, mothers can be a nuisance some times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

It amuses me so i'm going to continue to do it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm getting constant texts every day. They ring my phone time and time again and then text me asking why I never answer. I've explained to them 3 times now in person. I'm receiving very weird messages of poetry. I've been followed to a nightclub. It's getting beyond obsessive. I was woken up in the middle of the night last night at 4am with phone calls.
    I don't want to have to change my number but I might have to. Luckily they don't know my exact address.
    Do you know the person or is it completely anonymous?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Stalk them back!
    Find out where they live, and stand outside their bedroom window.

Failing that, ask Liam Neeson to ring them back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Change your number?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

Can you block their number from your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ask them for naked photos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

It was just a co-incidence that we ended up at the same club teddy.
    By the way, love that ditty you were singing in the shower this morning.
    xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Your next step depends on the background of the stalking.

Did you give an sign that you liked this person?
    Did you say that you'd meet them, and then didn't?
    Did you ignore a text/call before the stalking began in earnest?
    Did you sleep with them?

Taking all these things into consideration will give you an indication of the severity of the stalking, and the likelihood of 'f*ck off' actually working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Is this person male or female? you have met them right?

You could report it to the gardai, keep a record of all the calls and txts.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

God, Some people!!

Do you think its easy to hunt down your mobile and house numbers and plant bugs to record your calls?

You think anyone can hack E-mail, twitter and facebook accounts and install keyloggers remotly?

Its a helluva lot of work to get all the deatils about your Friends and to track your movement habits!!

Its cold and lonley sitting in a car or in the hedges for hours on end to catch even a little glimpse of you through my scope.

Can you hide and move and blend into the background without detection?

These things take mad skillz.

Man, Stalkers, they give so much and are so unappriciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Run as fast and as far away as you can teddy, RUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

silly wrote: »
    I met them on a night out, met up for a while, then I decided to leave it at that, explained this to them on 3 separate occasion after being guilt tripped by text messages.
    I got messages asking why I hated them ect ect. I explained myself over and over that I didn't and it's just how I wanted things and they seemed to understand this, but then I start receiving the messages and phone calls again and again.
    To give you an example, I had 14 or 16 missed calls last Friday and a few text messages that I shudder to read.
    I sort of need to keep my phone number is the only thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

that is your mum trying to contact you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Aquila wrote: »
    Oh i know what its like to be stalked,especially an unregistered person who without fail every day keeps a close eye on my account!

thats the dole office checking to see if your really magda ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Whats the problem with calls during the night, you don't sleep anyway. Seriously, so damn selfish Ted :rolleyes: You should feel honoured that someone feels so strongly for you after hardly getting to know you!

I met them on a night out, met up for a while, then I decided to leave it at that, explained this to them on 3 separate occasion after being guilt tripped by text messages.
    I got messages asking why I hated them ect ect. I explained myself over and over that I didn't and it's just how I wanted things and they seemed to understand this, but then I start receiving the messages and phone calls again and again.
    To give you an example, I had 14 or 16 missed calls last Friday and a few text messages that I shudder to read.
    I presume that you don't answer any calls or reply to any txts?
    Sounds like a right nut job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭Wossack

Try to become more stalkable so as to attract another stalker. Get another phone number for that stalker to ring, and eventually, when they both happen to phone at the same time, put them on to one another. They'll soon find they've got plenty in common, and should hopefully go off and live happily ever after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Janey mack. Have you asked your phone service provider if there is anything they can do?

Next time she rings/calls, tell her that you don't want to hear from her again and if you do, you'll be going to the gardaí with a list of all phonecalls and texts she's made.

You don't need that cr*p.

Post their number and we'll all call them!!

I have to say my first thought reading this thread was that you were probably taking it too seriously, and someone just had a little crush on you.

But what you've described there is excessive.

Does this person know you use boards? Are you identifiable on here? If so, this thread should really send off a strong message that you're not interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I presume that you don't answer any calls or reply to any txts?
    Sounds like a right nut job!!
    I stopped replying after I explained to them face to face the way things stood. Then I started slowly receiving the guilt trip texts slowly and ended up replying to them:rolleyes:
    There's a few specific very very weird things that they've done too but I don't want to post them in case they're on boards too!

Does anyone know if there's a way to block calls and texts from a number?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

Send a text back now that simply reads, "Do not contact me again". Then get a diary and take note of every time they try to contact you so that you have exact figures of how often it occurs rather than estimates. Keep this for two weeks and if there is no letup bring it to the Gardai and ask that one of their members approach the person contacting you and ask them to stop.

They'll tell you to stop wasting police time but at least when your mangled corpse is found, 5ex tortured to death, there'll be a limited pool of suspects which will be of enormous help to investigating officers.

There's a few specific very very weird things that they've done too

Please....no.....NOT THE BUNNY!:eek:

Yes, your service provider can do this, if you contact them.

But really Teddy, if the person is this committed to contacting you, I'd say buying a new sim card to call or text would be nothing to them...

Send a text back now that simply reads, "Do not contact me again". Then get a diary and take note of every time they try to contact you so that you have exact figures of how often it occurs rather than estimates. Keep this for two weeks and if there is no letup bring it to the Gardai and ask that one of their members approach the person contacting you and ask them to stop.

They'll tell you to stop wasting police time

I agree with all of that apart form the last part. I think it would be taken very seriously. Hassle is hassle, and the gardaí have more to be doing than laughing at members of the public over their concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I stopped replying after I explained to them face to face the way things stood. Then I started slowly receiving the guilt trip texts slowly and ended up replying to them:rolleyes:
    There's a few specific very very weird things that they've done too but I don't want to post them in case they're on boards too!

what phone have you? you can block selected numbers.

Is there any point if this person knows where you live?
    You need to report it if it is this serious, gardai will take it serious if there is loads of calls and txts.

Advertisement