Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio of 'The Plough and the Stars'

• 05-09-2014 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

I'm looking for an unabridged audio recording of O'Casey's 'The Plough and the Stars'. I can't find one anywhere online - no audiobooks, no streaming broadcasts.

If anyone has knowledge of one I'd like to hear about it. It's for use in school with Leaving Cert students studying the play. A lot of the humour and meaning is lost without a good reading of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

Nobody? Anywhere?

I found my old VHS copy of the John Ford 1936 film version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Nope, I suggest you read it yourself and record it with a smart phone or dictaphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

Ha! The effect would not be quite the same as a full dramatised version of the play. In fact, it would be just like me reading all the parts for the different characters anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Try Tower Records, Dawson Street, Dublin 2. They have some drama CDs on a shelf between the classical and DVD rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Has anyone managed to find this anywhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement