Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

tv problems

Options
  • 05-01-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi dont know if this is right thread,i was wondering would anyone know about tv s.i have a sony brava which is abt 7 years old model num kdl-40p2530.I recently turned it on and it stayed on briefly then went off,the green light stayed but red lightwas flashing.I was wondering if anyone could let me know,have they experinced this with their tv and would it cost much to repair.I would not like to get rid of it if its only a minor problem that could be fixed at reasonable price,or would appriciate if anyone could give me name of somewhere where I could get it repaired.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Depends on where you live MF services in cork city are great for this if in the cork area . It sounds liek the power pcb might be faulty but impossible to tell without diag connection - that tv has one by the way. Also needs to be inspected with a voltmeters so would need to open it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tomo536

Thanks for reply about t v.I got it sorted in a place called Bennett audio video services in Greenogue business park Rathcoole.The circuit board was gone and I had it replaced.The whole cost came to 68 euro which I think was great,so instead of throwing t v out its back working,I would highly recommend them.

Advertisement