Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAIT EMERGENCY!!!

• 24-10-2010 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey folks, its sunday morning and I want to go pike fishing tomorrow.

I just checked the freezer and I'm all out of dead bait!!! I wanted to get some smelt to do a bit of wobbling. I'm in Dublin and have called Henry's, southside angling and Rory's but there is no answer so I assume they are closed and will be tomorrow as well, bank holiday.

Arrrggg. I have an old eel section in the freezer but that will hardly do three people the whole day. I guess I could pick up some mack in the supermarket but its ****e for wobbling and its a river i want to go to so static deadbaiting is not what I had in mind...

Any ideas..........

superfreaked....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I feel your pain. Been in that position myself.
    Was fishing a club competition a few years back and ran out of bait so had a root in the bag, had a pack of rashers for the fry so stuck one on the hooks (for the laugh). you would be surprised how well a rasher moves through the water :D
    Had two small pike on them. True story.
    Could always go pluggin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I lost all my bait one day to mink so had to drive all the way from cavan to Down to catch bait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Johnny Favourite

I feel your pain. Been in that position myself.
    Was fishing a club competition a few years back and ran out of bait so had a root in the bag, had a pack of rashers for the fry so stuck one on the hooks (for the laugh). you would be surprised how well a rasher moves through the water :D
    Had two small pike on them. True story.
    Could always go pluggin?

yea lures look like an option, only problem, its a weedy spot so not ideal. Going to head out to howth to see can I gat a few mack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

yea lures look like an option, only problem, its a weedy spot so not ideal. Going to head out to howth to see can I gat a few mack

Very late in a bad season for the macks.
    Would ye not be better changing the venue to suit?

Very late in a bad season for the macks.
    Would ye not be better changing the venue to suit?

Ha Ha...When I i said get a few mack I meat buy a few mack from wrights!!!

Anyway got the mack and will be heading off shortly. Let you know how i get on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bit late for me to be replying, but for future reference why not try the fish section in a tesco or Dunnes and see what they have in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Rory's was open on Sunday. I was in getting some rag worm and mackeral! Bit late now tho!

how did you get on Johnny

Hey Lads,

Thanks for all the tips. I wish Rory's would have answered their bloody phone!!!

No luck fishing I'm afraid.. blankidy blank blank..

I'm only home for ten days (work overseas now) and want to get as much fishing in as possible. So I'm going to head out to Ramor tomorrow to try my luck off the quay at Virginia.

Does anybody know how Ramor is fishing lately??

As I said I only have ten days and really want to bank a few Pike so if anybody want to PM with any places that are fishing well at the mo I really appreciate it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gitman

for future reference there is a shop on the long mile road open sundays:)

• Advertisement

Johnny catch anything going to Ramor tommorow

How do I upload photos??

I had a great day!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

go onto imageshack.us and upload them on there..

Advertisement