Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Coast Campers

• 23-10-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Has anyone done any business with this Co.? if so how did you find them to deal with.? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

are you buying or selling? i only have experience of selling and i decided not to give them the van to sell. sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Did some repair work there not the best experience ever. Bought some things from him too, again not the best experience. Dont know anyone who has bought/ sold with him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Hi Lads

I traded in my van with East Coast Campers and to be fair, I had no problems at all.

I will say that they have their own unique way of working and things are easy going.......would I do business again with them? yes I would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 East Coast Campers - Authorised Merchant

They are great guys, easy to deal with and always willing to help out.
    well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

bikecheck wrote: »
    well worth a visit.

You are speaking about yourself with the above statement as you are the owner of East Coast Campers, you used to sell and repair bikes in Ashford.
    You might have fooled the Mods .but not me. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

bido wrote: »
    You are speaking about yourself with the above statement as you are the owner of East Coast Campers, you used to sell and repair bikes in Ashford.
    You might have fooled the Mods .but not me. :mad:

Bikecheck, if you have any connection with East Coast Campers perhaps you might declare this in your posts. We welcome anybody connected to the industry who might have some useful information to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 alan3t

called in recently to make enquiries about buying a camper. Very unhelpful to put it mildly. I won't be returning and will bring my business elsewhere when i am getting my camper serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

called in recently to view 2 low profiles, both vans in a poor state, one was hitting the boundry fence and had sheared the ladder bracket, left unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 McBoardies

These guys are absolute chancers - left my van in for repairs and it ended up coming out with more damage done than good and they forgot to do half the things I asked. When I arrived to collect it when it was "ready" and asked about various things I had to wait around while they fixed them. A patch job on the side door meant it ended up causing way more damage and now I can't open it (confirmed with an actual professional) and I ended up with two gas leaks in the van after they attempted to fix the fridge (no joy but charged for three hours of "trying") - I had to stop at another Campervan repair place during a trip as we smelled gas at night but weren't using any - very dangerous. - when I complained I was told they could fix it properly but I'd be charged again and the guy was really rude, - filthy office / yard - wouldn't go near them again. Anything I have heard / read is the same - wish I had looked into it more before I let them at the van

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

At the moment the seem to to be scrapping old campers ,I have called a few times and was put off by how dirty the campers were ,to be honest most were only fit for scrapping there a couple of modern campers but the too were on a deplorable condition, and the price stickers on the windows were not not taking this into account. At the end of the day depends on what you are looking for, and price range to suit your pocket,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

well worth a visit.

Just seeing this now 😂😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

MammaZita wrote: »
    Just seeing this now 😂😂😂

Haha hoisted by their own petard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 the purdu

called to these guys a few times for parts..., they are not cheap and never have what you need... will not be going there again............. scrap yard ONLY.,..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carraigfraggle

I bought some things from these guys last year. Talk about a horrible experience, I spent over €1000 and nothing worked electrically or had other issues that only came to light during fitting! I've had to start from scratch and only got a refund on a small few items where you could really prove they were taking the p***. I'd recommend anyone shop around on adverts or done deal, or any of the other camper places, better value, better service, better quality. I've learned a lot since, they caught a newbie and made a fool of me.
    I got shafted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Field east

I bought some things from these guys last year. Talk about a horrible experience, I spent over €1000 and nothing worked electrically or had other issues that only came to light during fitting! I've had to start from scratch and only got a refund on a small few items where you could really prove they were taking the p***. I'd recommend anyone shop around on adverts or done deal, or any of the other camper places, better value, better service, better quality. I've learned a lot since, they caught a newbie and made a fool of me.
    I got shafted. :(

MY ADVICE -DO NOT shoot yourself in the foot. There are very few outlets ,if any, where you can go to get parts for your motorhome in Ireland. Maybe it is different in the 6 counties. The Wexford outlet- East Coast campers, breaks up Motorhomes and has a good range of all types of parts. I have been there on a number of occasions for bits and pieces . The staff know more about some parts than they do about other parts.
    My advice is to adapt the following strategy if you plan to get a part there.

(1) Google some of the UK suppliers as to what the part , including p and p , would cost - so you have a basis to compare the Wexford price to

(2) go there with as much information you can get with regards to the specs of the part. You might even be able to have the old part with you. Ideally have the motorhome with you - depending on the part.

(3) unless it is obvious that the part you are getting is the correct one, ' CRITIQUE' the part you are being given and make sure it is of the exact same dimensions, is for the correct side -left or right- where relevant, etc.

(4) have your overalls with you in case you have to get underneath something o, handling oily parts.

I get the impression that East Coast has a yard of Motorhome's someplace nearby ready for scrapping. I have never seen it but would be potentially useful to go there to see what's there re other parts you might need

The company uses another company, in another part of the town to break vehicles. You might have to go there for the part you want.

One particular staff member I found very helpful in relation to discussing Motorhome's in general, repairing them, etc.

The best of luck with all of that OP

Field east wrote: »
    MY ADVICE -DO NOT shoot yourself in the foot. There are very few outlets ,if any, where you can go to get parts for your motorhome in Ireland. Maybe it is different in the 6 counties. The Wexford outlet- East Coast campers, breaks up Motorhomes and has a good range of all types of parts. I have been there on a number of occasions for bits and pieces . The staff know more about some parts than they do about other parts.
    My advice is to adapt the following strategy if you plan to get a part there.

(1) Google some of the UK suppliers as to what the part , including p and p , would cost - so you have a basis to compare the Wexford price to

(2) go there with as much information you can get with regards to the specs of the part. You might even be able to have the old part with you. Ideally have the motorhome with you - depending on the part.

(3) unless it is obvious that the part you are getting is the correct one, ' CRITIQUE' the part you are being given and make sure it is of the exact same dimensions, is for the correct side -left or right- where relevant, etc.

(4) have your overalls with you in case you have to get underneath something o, handling oily parts.

I get the impression that East Coast has a yard of Motorhome's someplace nearby ready for scrapping. I have never seen it but would be potentially useful to go there to see what's there re other parts you might need

The company uses another company, in another part of the town to break vehicles. You might have to go there for the part you want.

One particular staff member I found very helpful in relation to discussing Motorhome's in general, repairing them, etc.

The best of luck with all of that OP

I should have added 'condition of part' to point three

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

My advise is to disregard anything positive said about East Coast Campers online given their history of promoting themselves through multiple fake accounts and to take seriously the long history of customer complaints both online and offline.

I should have added 'condition of part' to point three

I did go out there with as much knowledge as I thought I needed, but being completely new at the time I was treated as a fool by people who charmed their way into seeming helpful. Since then I have replaced all previous shoddy parts via vendors who helped me out and properly educated and informed me along the way to ensure I got the right part and pointed me in the direction of other sources if they did not have what i needed. I don't feel I have shot myself in the foot as over the past year I have managed all purchases without the help of east coast campers or any subsidiary thereof. I feel east coast campers are the ones shooting themselves in said feet.

My advise is to disregard anything positive said about East Coast Campers online given their history of promoting themselves through multiple fake accounts and to take seriously the long history of customer complaints both online and offline.

100% fact!Thank you!

I did go out there with as much knowledge as I thought I needed, but being completely new at the time I was given the absolute run around. Since then I have replaced all previous shoddy parts via vendors who helped me out and properly educated and informed me along the way to ensure I got the right part and pointed me in the direction of other sources if they did not have what i needed. I don't feel I have shot myself in the foot as over the past year I have managed all purchases without the help of east coast campers or any subsidiary thereof. I feel east coast campers are the ones shooting themselves in said feet.

I would agree with you re 'shooting in the foot' if there are other places in Ireland for sourcing parts specific to Motorhomes. Any possibility that you might share some of those sources? I've dealth once with a source in Ennis and it was recommended that East Coast has a wider range and provide a better service !. So there.

• Advertisement

I would agree with you re 'shooting in the foot' if there are other places in Ireland for sourcing parts specific to Motorhomes. Any possibility that you might share some of those sources? I've dealth once with a source in Ennis and it was recommended that East Coast has a wider range and provide a better service !. So there.

:rolleyes:

There are umpteen places

www.google.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lovecampers

Have dealt with this company. They sold our camper. They kept the money. Has this happened to anyone. ?

Have dealt with this company. They sold our camper. They kept the money. Has this happened to anyone. ?

Straight to the solicitor without delay.

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Camper-Man-Limited-528221

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/East-Coast-Motor-Homes-Limited-469498

That's an idea but wondering would it get us anywhere? Some say that you don't get any of your money back that way. That it's civil and even if the court says you should get something, even the company don't pay up, there's not much that can be done. We are not sure what to do.

That's an idea but wondering would it get us anywhere? Some say that you don't get any of your money back that way. That it's civil and even if the court says you should get something, even the company don't pay up, there's not much that can be done. We are not sure what to do.

If you have a solicitor then I cant imagine they will even charge you to tell you whether its worth pursuing or not. If the company is in liquidation your time is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

What sort of money do they owe you <5k> ?

They owe just over e12k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

They owe just over e12k.

That's pretty serious , I'd be sending the heavies and happy to give them a decent cut .......

It's very serious, unbeliveable. Imagine going to a car dealership and handing in your car to sell and the money is kept by them. They wouldn't do it. Any buisness selling vehicles should have a licence to renew each year and when a complaint is made about them, the licence doesn't renew until the issue is solved. That would be a stop to these traders and put them out of work. Doctors, solicitors and others all have to have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Get yourself to a recognised firm of Solicitor's without further delay.
    Don't listen to the advice "Barrack Room Lawyers", they simply know nothing!

Advertisement