Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DoneDeal.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

alright already, I'm sold on the idea !

Just posted an ad - let's see how long it'll take.......the clock is ticking !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

galwaytt wrote: »
    alright already, I'm sold on the idea !

Just posted an ad - let's see how long it'll take.......the clock is ticking !

So what u selling lol

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Donedeal is a super site have sold an bought from it an for 3yoyo's:eek::eek: sold a 91 pajero for the same money i paid a yr ago;) they can do no wrong in my eyes, best selling site out there an soooooooo cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Having sold my car on donedeal.ie only today, I'm back in the market for a car.

Are there any other sites worth visiting?

I've been having a look at donedeal.ie as well as carzone, gumtree, and cbg.

yop wrote: »
    So what u selling lol

...not my sig cars, that's for sure! ...something far more 'ornery.......

[UPDATE]
    First call in 8 mins
    First text in 38

Already arranged to see it at 10a.m.

:eek:

[/UPDATE]

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

UPDATE:

40 mins, first offer, sight unseen.

:eek: :eek:

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭kyote00

this is ? :D

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/horses/1001424
    ...not my sig cars, that's for sure! ...something far more 'ornery.......

[UPDATE]
    First call in 8 mins
    First text in 38

Already arranged to see it at 10a.m.

:eek:

[/UPDATE]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice. Donedeal could do with a better search filter. A PHP type advanced search like what this site has.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hal1 wrote: »
    Nice. Donedeal could do with a better search filter. A PHP type advanced search like what this site has.

The reason donedeal is doing well is because it is

1) Simple and effective
    2) Good value for money
    3) Just got in at the right time as Broken and Stolen were imploding.

If they start clogging it up with too many "features" it will take away from it. I think they could take a leaf from craigs list in the US by not changing anything if it works.

I have bought stuff from donedeal. It works well although it is still hard to beat the echo free ads if you are in cork and need a cheap car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

UPDATE:

40 mins, first offer, sight unseen.

:eek: :eek:

Are you having a giraffe?

Am I right in thinking you're the guts of two years selling those cars?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Selling a car is down to supply and demand. Donedeal, while good in it's own right, does not break this law.

Eg recently I was selling a top of the range 2000 Civic. VTI, leather, very low mileage. 300 other Civics of the same year on CZ. Took 3 months to sell, and I only had 2 serious calls about it, despite the fact that it was easily the best 2000 on CZ, and by a long shot. Ended up selling for about 60% the asking price.

Secondly I was selling a 2005 Jazz. Only 9 on CZ, aside from mine. 3 weeks, 12 calls, 5 offers, gone... and for 85% the asking price.

I put both cars on Donedeal, and had no offers for either from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

maidhc wrote: »
    The reason donedeal is doing well is because it is

1) Simple and effective
    2) Good value for money
    3) Just got in at the right time as Broken and Stolen were imploding.

you forgot to mention that the buy and sell now want €20 to advertise a vehicle:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've had my car on it for a few weeks and no offers from it!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

steve06 wrote: »
    I've had my car on it for a few weeks and no offers from it!

Thats odd Steve, but I suppose it depends on the car and the price! I have been tracking a few Octavia VRS's on there and they are all still for sale, I THINK one is sold now but out of 5 thats only 1. I suppose cars over 10k euro are still hard to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

My car is now cheap as chips, over 1200 cheaper than you can import one for and has 1.5 year NCT left!

Just that nobody wants a 3ltr!

steve06 wrote: »
    My car is now cheap as chips, over 1200 cheaper than you can import one for and has 1.5 year NCT left!

Just that nobody wants a 3ltr!

Ah thats the problem!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭tipptop2008

I've had my car on it now for a good few weeks - 2002 Toyota Corolla for 5,250 and no sign of it moving

Onkle wrote: »
    Are you having a giraffe?

Am I right in thinking you're the guts of two years selling those cars?

No, you're not right, because, if you read my post (#36) above, you'll see I said that already......;)

All my car(s) - and bike(s) are ALWAYS for sale. Me likes to change. Much :)

Anyhoo, back on topic: Car sold. 1 hour, sight unseen, full asking price. The phone nearly exploded all day. After taking down no less than 15 phone numbers, I started telling people it was gone. And the guy came from the far side of Tipp to get it - ....

All rather shocking, really. But glad to have my garage back - am starting an MX-5 project this week :)

DoneDeal - ye're amazing !

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 21,970 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Everyone who has pimped donedeal on this thread banned from adverts.ie! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

All rather shocking, really. But glad to have my garage back - am starting an MX-5 project this week :)!

Will you be starting a progress thread? Say yes :D. Have you given yourself a deadline or will it be a gradual resto project?

• Advertisement

esel wrote: »
    Everyone who has pimped donedeal on this thread banned from adverts.ie! :D

LOL....just as soon as adverts.ie works, we'll be right back !

Ode To The Motorist

Hal1 wrote: »
    Will you be starting a progress thread? Say yes :D. Have you given yourself a deadline or will it be a gradual resto project?

Er, ......yes ? I dunno.

This will be a high-speed job, as we need the car for day-to-day, and the longer I take the longer we won't have it.........and it's insured as-is.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭celica1994

you forgot to mention that the buy and sell now want €20 to advertise a vehicle:eek:

buy and sell went out with the indians.... i dont think anyone bothers with it due to the fact there arent really any photos of the cars on the site cause no one nothers paying extra for it..

Gumtree aint bad, done deal is prob the best by far, carzone are complete ripoff merchants... i think its 38 euros to advertise on it, seriously, if they wana keep up theyd wana start reducing theyre prices. once i find my cars log books ill be selling them on donedeal, no hope im paying nearly 80 quid to advertise 2 cars when i could pay 6 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

DoneDeal.ie rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Good for you OP. I've had mine up there for a month, on adverts, free ads, cbg - not a whisper of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

4 days it took me to sell a car on donedeal.ie, couldn't believe it. The chap who bought it took it away that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭celica1994

hey why use done deal when ya can pay carzone nearly 40 euros and no offers lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

agree i put a car on done deal at 2 a.m. got first text 30 min later and had it sold the following morning its unreal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there any script that would allow an advanced search with a feed from donedeal? I'm looking for a 1l (€172 annual tax) NCT'd car for <500 euro and I'm having to sift through a lot of pages to find anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

email them @ donedeal yourself, they are very helpful.

Advertisement