Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 20th February *Spoilers and a hairless deadman expected*

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Build it during the HOF stuff. That gets dragged out a fair bit. Add in a celebrity segment and the preview video and they've bought a good 20 minutes. They should be able to get it together in that time. Getting it to the ring would be the problem.

Just while you mention HoF. Anyone notice after ron clip showed and they went back to jerry and cole. Cole said the guys that would be in the HOF except Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I like when they pull out the Metallica tunes for Wrestlemania, makes it a little bit more special. Song suits him too I think.
    It's a decent song, but presuming it is going to be his tune, Metallica have a huge back catalogue that could have been used. Think they could have gone with something else. Taker is a Tallica fan, so perhaps he just likes that one.

Decent chance of them playing Mania, don't think they're touring at that time, and they don't turn down many media oppertunities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Degag wrote: »
    It's a decent song, but presuming it is going to be his tune, Metallica have a huge back catalogue that could have been used. Think they could have gone with something else. Taker is a Tallica fan, so perhaps he just likes that one.

Decent chance of them playing Mania, don't think they're touring at that time, and they don't turn down Money!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Oh jesus dont 'what' the undertaker. Completely ruins it.

I absolutely cringed at that.

Remind me to delete Minneapolis, Minnesota from my Atlas. How on Earth is a great man such as Austin Aries from this city?!

Decent chance of them playing Mania, don't think they're touring at that time, and they don't turn down many media oppertunities!
    Charisteas wrote: »
    How on Earth is a great man such as Austin Aries from this city?!

The Greatest Man that ever lived no less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 EKeaveney

Oh jesus dont 'what' the undertaker. Completely ruins it.
    I was hoping he would have shut up the crowd with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

GTR63 wrote: »
    FYP

lars_ulrich.jpg

lars_ulrich.jpg

Lars Ulrich star of Get Him to the Greek. I love Metallica but they do love money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

spiralism wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they got fined last year because they used chairshots to the head in last year's match. They didn't really care, could well see them bleeding and taking the hit if told not to.

To paraphrase punk:
    "What are they going to do, fire me them?"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this was a terrific show. Easily the best Raw of 2012 thus far. It reminded me of great Raws from the past with engrossing segments, good matches and the way in which it made the upcoming show seem important. It's remarkabale how well they can do when they actually appear to have a clear direction in mind.

I enjoyed the matches but I felt the Taker/HHH segment stole the show. This was outstanding.

The genius of this build is that this year they've switched it. This time it's not about a guy trying to beat a defiant Taker in order to further his own ego. Instead, it's about a guy reluctant to beat an ageing Taker and having to struggle with his own ego.

I loved how Taker referenced HHH not wanting the match because he knows HBK was better than him. This makes perfect sense when one thinks of Hunter's character over the years and this was the remark that let the ego of HHH win out.

I like the fact that this year it's as if Taker is a man wanting to be put out of his misery and looking for one of the 'dying breed' to be the one to do it.

Most of us have assumed if Taker loses it will be to a young guy needing a rub. The presentation of this feud (and why they hope you will shell out for the show) is that 'the apocalypse' for Taker will actually be in a guy from his generation being the one to put the streak to bed.

It's a very impressive and compelling way to ignite interest in this feud and having it take place in HITC also makes sense since that's a big part of both men's histories.

I've criticise the company a lot for lousy storylines but I'll give them massive credit here. A fantastic job on this so far.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

You know, i think HHH will do it at wm.
    It would be quite a shock but the streak has reached an incredible 19 years, going another one wont be too big of a deal in the grand scheme of things and to give it the ending that HHH finished it all sounds like a more epic cap than "undertaker rode off into the sunset, pissed that no one could get the job done"

Totally agree. Not just the best Raw this year though but best Raw in many months.

CMpunked wrote: »
    the streak has reached an incredible 19 years, going another one wont be too big of a deal in the grand scheme of things

But 20-0 looks so much better for a DVD presentation, and WWE love their numbers.

GTR63 wrote: »
    How about the people who came up with them as a tag team on the basis of them both being black with dreads.
    Looks like we might get a proper tag-team titles match at Mania, which is really good news. I wonder who will be R-Truth/Kingston's opponents.

Booker T and Kharma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

part of me wants HHH to do it, just to see the Internet explode.

but he won't.

and the right thinking part of me knows it shouldn't be HHH doing it. it would be a complete and utter waste.

20-0.

SlickRic wrote: »
    part of me wants HHH to do it, just to see the Internet explode.

Process to having the internet explode (wrestlemania edition):

Great Kahli interupts World title match, has a dance off.
    Triple H beats taker clean with little defence.
    Punk v Jericho is bumped off the card.
    Cena makes rock tap with his stf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You forgot having Bryan drop the title to Teddy Long in an inpromtu title defence ;)

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You forgot having Bryan drop the title to Teddy Long in an inpromtu title defence ;)

Even worse, Michael Cole.

After he wins the MITB match of Course. Cole would then cash in and easily defeat Bryan via tapout with Cattle Mutilation and Bryan would Cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Cole then beats Teddy after Rock/Cena, only for Hornswoggle to cash in his newly won MITB case to end Wrestlemania as the champion :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

HHH pulled from the event, Cena his replacement. Supercena makes taker tap from the stf to break the streak and makes the rock tap in the main event too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

add in chris brown costs cm punk his wwe title :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Digitalism wrote: »

"You cant even change a tyre!"
    Classic.

Advertisement