Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese and Indian restaurants in Ennis

• 23-07-2012 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just wondering if you can recommend any in Ennis please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Silverhouse isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Silverhouse isn't bad.

where might that be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Tulsi indian is decent for takeaways, Jade is nice too so many Chinese restaurants in town just try a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Silverhouse isn't bad.
    haybob wrote: »
    where might that be

16 O'Connell Street (Close to the Vodafone Store).

• Advertisement

buck65 wrote: »
    Tulsi indian is decent for takeaways, Jade is nice too so many Chinese restaurants in town just try a few!

went to one in the market and one on o'conell street neither were great to be honest

MrsD007 wrote: »
    16 O'Connell Street (Close to the Vodafone Store).

kind of opposite supermacs?? If its the same one I'd be in no rush back to it. I'm going to try Jade house tomorrow evening I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Not a place I'd venture for a decent meal out, Chinese food = takeaway for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Mogul Empire above Xtra vision in the market. Lovely indian food

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Silver House has 1 of the best satays I've ever eaten, if I'm in the mood for a satay I go there, otherwise it's take away from Fortune House (great curry and ribs). I've worked in the UK a lot and unfortunately there isn't an Indian in Ennis that I would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭babygirlz

I like Tulsi on Carmody st.
    Jade cottage is probably the best in Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Have had a few takeaways from "Royal Court" on Lmk road, & would recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

poppyvally wrote: »
    Have had a few takeaways from "Royal Court" on Lmk road, & would recommend it

Same, would definitely go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

I find the Tulsi on Carmody Street quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eskanw

The best Indian I think is at Woodstock Hotel, you can eat in the restaurant, bar or takeaway. The Indian chef is off Monday & Tuesdays. have tried the other 2 in town and they just dont compare IMO

Chinese I usually go to Harvest Garden (for takeaway)in the forecourt of Downes & Howard on the Mill Road or Yens (sit down meal)which is upstairs in Woodquay and they both do €10 takeaways starter, main & can of soda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Indian pwn's chinese grub,

the Newari Lamb dish from the mogul above xtravision, a Nepalese dish, fml, youd be happy to die after it, unreal, :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

eskanw wrote: »
    The best Indian I think is at Woodstock Hotel, you can eat in the restaurant, bar or takeaway. The Indian chef is off Monday & Tuesdays. have tried the other 2 in town and they just dont compare IMO

Interesting....I must give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

eskanw wrote: »

Jesus must try it myself <Mod snip> What a random place for a good Indian restaurant, the sticks of Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

serioulsy is silver house still in oconnell st???
    mogul above xtra vision is nice but as other post has said uk is better, that also goes for kebabs....

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »

thank you mrd007 mrs haybob was delighted

Advertisement