Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

• 28-02-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭

WATCH WRESTLEMANIA 28 IN CAPTAIN'S LIVE ON GRAFTON STREET - CONFIRMED!

http://www.facebook.com/events/253798711370207/
    wmcaptains.jpg

WWE WrestleMania 28 Party
    Captain's Live, Grafton Street
    Sunday 1st April from 8pm!

For the first-time ever, view pro-wrestling's equivalent of the Superbowl, WWE WrestleMania on the big screen in Dublin City Centre!

Superbowl night has become one of the biggest nights in Dublin over the past few years...now it's time for WrestleMania night to follow suit!

WWE WrestleMania 28 airs Sunday 1st April and promises to be one of the biggest pro-wrestling events ever. If you can't be in Miami to watch it live, this is going to be the best solution for anyone left in Ireland. We'll have food, booze, music, fancy dress, the place jammed to the rafters with fellow WWE fans and the big show on the big screen.

Card:
    Dwayne 'THE ROCK' Johnson vs. JOHN CENA

THE UNDERTAKER vs. TRIPLE H in a HELL IN A CELL match with special referee, SHAWN MICHAELS

Ireland's own, SHEAMUS, vs. World Champion, DANIEL BRYAN

WWE Champion CM PUNK vs. CHRIS JERICHO

There's a full night of entertainment lined up from 8pm including:
    • Classic WrestleMania matches
    • A WWE-themed DJ set from Irish wrestler turned club/radio DJ, Rick Nash.
    • Prizes for the best fancy dress costumes & more!

Tickets for this major event are ONLY €5 and can be bought from any of Captain's outlets in Grafton St, Blanchardstown, Tallaght and Cork. Tickets on sale from Friday 16th March. Buy early to avoid disappointment.

Late bar.
    Food until 10.30pm.

Drinks Promos:
    • 3 Heineken/Coor's Light - €10
    • 3 Jeigerbomb's - €10
    • Cocktail Tower (8 cocktails) - €24

If you require any further info, you can reach me at Rick@AMTLive.ie or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/thericknash.

ORIGINAL POST :

Lads, I was going to keep this quiet until I had a full announcement ready, but I'm trying to organise a big WrestleMania party in The Woolshed ala what they have with their Superbowl deal. I have a full night in mind, won't go into too much details as it's a surprise, but you'll all love it trust me. I'm basically thinking "What can make the perfect wrestling fan night?" and adding every element possible. It'll be some craic if it happens and I think it'll get huge interest.

They're dragging their heels though, unfortunately. So if you guys can hammer them with emails and calls to show there is a crowd out there for it, that'd help make up their mind.

Now don't mention me, boards or this post. That'll look like it's just one group of lads trying to get it going and they won't bother (I work in club promotions so know how they think). So just ask them if they've anything planned and show a general interest. Info@woolshedbaa.com is the address. If we get this going, it'll be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

leggo wrote: »
    Lads, I was going to keep this quiet until I had a full announcement ready, but I'm trying to organise a big WrestleMania party in The Woolshed ala what they have with their Superbowl deal. I have a full night in mind, won't go into too much details as it's a surprise, but you'll all love it trust me. I'm basically thinking "What can make the perfect wrestling fan night?" and adding every element possible. It'll be some craic if it happens and I think it'll get huge interest.

They're dragging their heels though, unfortunately. So if you guys can hammer them with emails and calls to show there is a crowd out there for it, that'd help make up their mind.

Now don't mention me, boards or this post. That'll look like it's just one group of lads trying to get it going and they won't bother (I work in club promotions so know how they think). So just ask them if they've anything planned and show a general interest. Info@woolshedbaa.com is the address. If we get this going, it'll be great.

Leggo you legend!
    I remember last year Diabhal and a few others attempt to pull something together and it all fell apart at last minute.

Wasnt the woolshed one of the pubs who were initially on board for it last year, too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I actually sent them an e-mail last week, and have done for the last 3 years on the trot, but these guys never reply to e-mails.

But let me know if you need a helping hand with anything.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Leggo you legend!
    I remember last year Diabhal and a few others attempt to pull something together and it all fell apart at last minute.

Wasnt the woolshed one of the pubs who were initially on board for it last year, too?

That was Peadar Kearneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CMpunked wrote: »
    Leggo you legend!

Charisteas wrote: »
    I actually sent them an e-mail last week, and have done for the last 3 years on the trot, but these guys never reply to e-mails.

But let me know if you need a helping hand with anything.

Cheers lads, they're a bit hard to get a hold of (which is ridiculous for a bar like that, fair enough if it's Wright's or Copper Face Jack's, but a niche bar that relies on these kind of nights should be taking any offers seriously) so perhaps calling the place might be the best POA.

Even if the same people call a few different times, using different aliases or whatever, eventually it'll spread the word that they really need to get the finger out and organise something.

Meanwhile, I've my proposal already in their Inbox to handle it so you'll have someone who actually knows what wrestling fans want and can provide it to make sure they don't even need to do any extra work organising. It almost makes too much sense. So, of course, in Ireland venues are hesitant to do anything, thinking "So you're saying we're going to earn a lot of money by attracting a large crowd at little to no extra cost eh?? What's the catch?!" :rolleyes:

Thanks again though. Glad to see there's support for the idea. This at least gives us a shot of doing something. And I have a few other spots in mind as Plan B's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best of luck to ya leggo. As a bitter veteran of organizing these things though a lot of these venues will be very positive and often give some ****e reason to pull out.

We tried a few hotels last year two but a mix of not enough Boardsies helping out/going down to the last day to go ahead.

Cheers dude. My idea if it goes ahead is to advertise it big, mainly through word-of-mouth etc, so while the likes of boards and people I know personally will be the key people I want going...I hope to raise numbers by bringing all kinds of wrestling fans together so they have the kind of numbers they have in the place on Superbowl night. Ultimately, all the business wants is a packed house. If it works, other businesses will copy it next year and wrestling fans will be spoiled for choice. I genuinely believe that. Look at how the Superbowl has become an event here even in a recession.

When you look at the amount of wrestling fans vs. NFL fans in Ireland, it's easily doable. All it needs is for a good business to realise this potential and go for it. Not a small venue either, they're fine for choice, but this could be big. Woolshed would be ideal.

I know I can take care of the rest (like I said this is what I do and wrestling promotion was what I did for years), especially with the likes of yourselves on board to help spread the word! And, trust me, when you hear the full plan I have in mind...people here will want to travel for it. It's gonna be a night to remember.

This year is the best chance of pulling it off in years, imo, with Rock coming back (bringing in the casual fan who watched it years ago) and the Irish interest in Sheamus.

But it's still asking a lot of Irish businesses for them to recognise a genuine business opportunity when it's staring them in the face! Here's hoping we can pull it off. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Cheers dude. My idea if it goes ahead is to advertise it big, mainly through word-of-mouth etc, so while the likes of boards and people I know personally will be the key people I want going...I hope to raise numbers by bringing all kinds of wrestling fans together so they have the kind of numbers they have in the place on Superbowl night. Ultimately, all the business wants is a packed house. If it works, other businesses will copy it next year and wrestling fans will be spoiled for choice. I genuinely believe that. Look at how the Superbowl has become an event here even in a recession.

When you look at the amount of wrestling fans vs. NFL fans in Ireland, it's easily doable. All it needs is for a good business to realise this potential and go for it. Not a small venue either, they're fine for choice, but this could be big. Woolshed would be ideal.

I know I can take care of the rest (like I said this is what I do and wrestling promotion was what I did for years), especially with the likes of yourselves on board to help spread the word! And, trust me, when you hear the full plan I have in mind...people here will want to travel for it. It's gonna be a night to remember.

This year is the best chance of pulling it off in years, imo, with Rock coming back (bringing in the casual fan who watched it years ago) and the Irish interest in Sheamus.

But it's still asking a lot of Irish businesses for them to recognise a genuine business opportunity when it's staring them in the face! Here's hoping we can pull it off. :)

I think An Irishman being in the Main Event of WrestleMania could be a huge selling point to a bar like that tbh, especially since(and i mean this in the nicest possible way) were a nation of bandwagon jumpers, and a Irishmans success in WWE is a big deal. And people are closet WWE/WWF fans whether they admit it or not so they'll come out of the wordwork bigtime.

Leggo you've a hell of a business head on ya. I guess the best thing us boards.ie folk can do ATM is send as much emails as possible and ring the odd time as you said yourself. Woolshed were brutal with communication so the if we throw the opportunity in their face they can't possibly ignore it.

Do you have any backup locations in mind?

Ah, like I said it's what I do so I know the business end of it. Have a couple of good back-ups in mind, but I really want the Woolshed.

I'm going to be in town tomorrow so will cold call into them and test the waters to see if they're interested. If I get the cold shoulder, I'll have a nose around some other potential locations and see what the feedback is like there.

Defo the best thing you guys can do is hammer them will calls and emails. Even if they hate the idea now, they'll come around when they hear there's interest out there, and by that stage I'll have met them and they'll have my business card handy so fingers crossed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

I'd be well up for the Woolshed or wherever for Mania 100%. If it does go ahead hopefully too many don't drop out at the last minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looks a great idea, but wasn't the Superbowl over by around 2am ish our time? How would any bar get a license to stay open until 5am?

best of luck with it and I hope it does go ahead. If a similar plan was in Cork Id be all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

gimmick wrote: »
    Looks a great idea, but wasn't the Superbowl over by around 2am ish our time? How would any bar get a license to stay open until 5am?

best of luck with it and I hope it does go ahead. If a similar plan was in Cork Id be all over it.

Superbowl finished at about 3:30 I think

Plus id be very interested! Be a welcome change to my usual watching wrestlemania in the dark on my laptop :pac:

And that was relatively early for a Superbowl too. Mania finishes at 4, I believe unless I'm getting daylight savings time mixed up. So it's very justifiable that they could extend opening hours.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just sent an email to them , Also maybe we could try posting on their facebook page aswell?

http://www.facebook.com/Woolshed.Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

The Woolshed is just beside where I work so I know the staff quite well, I had a word with someone, they took the details down, bad news is it won't happen unless ye have a couple hundred going, but it'll still be passed on to the manager.

Got a reply from The Woolshed
    Thank you for your enquiry
    Unfortunately Wrestlemania starts and finishes too late for us to show iyt.
    Regards
    Bronagh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Do you guys want me to enquire with peader kearneys? I have booked that place 2 years running for the xmas boards gig so maybe they may be willing to do something for this.

for the superbowl they had a night on - €50 entry with all you can drink! They may go for that again!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

split off from the WM28 Pre-show thread

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Super Bowl is on Sky Sports and the BBC so there is no extra cost if a pub already pays a tv subscription.

wrestlemania is on Box office and I imagine Sky charge pubs a chunky fee for showing it. That is probably a big obstacle to overcome.

I know it's a last option but there was a hotel that was willing to show it free last year if we booked 6 rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If we can get some bar somewhere to show it then I'd certainly come along.

• Advertisement

Was down in Woolshed today and, indeed, talked with Bronagh. Sound girl. Said the same to me though so not to worry.

I still haven't given up on the idea, it's only a matter of time before a venue take the plunge and everyone else follows. So, if it's possible, I'd like to get it done this year. I'll suss out my Plan B's and see how it goes.

If anyone has any contact info for the events manager in Peadar Kenny's, PM me and I'll suss them out. No bother if you wanna look after it yourselves, but it might sound more appealing to a venue to have a guy with the club and wrestling promotion experience send them out a full proposal that tells them what they want to hear!

Hang on a sec, we might be onto something with one of my Plan B's. Will update you all when I know more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Hang on a sec, we might be onto something with one of my Plan B's. Will update you all when I know more.

Any more updates on this Ger?

Literally just off the phone and I can confirm that we HAVE got a party happening in Dublin City Centre on WrestleMania night!

I still have to dot the i's and cross the t's on the whole thing (but that's just working out the specifics of how we're going to run it on the night) and get back to confirm it on Monday. But we're booked in, this is happening, like I said it's just the little details we need to sort out. Hope to have a full announcement here on Monday. Just don't wanna say anything now before it's fully confirmed.

Thanks a million for your help guys. We're gonna make this a good one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Literally just off the phone and I can confirm that we HAVE got a party happening in Dublin City Centre on WrestleMania night!

I still have to dot the i's and cross the t's on the whole thing (but that's just working out the specifics of how we're going to run it on the night) and get back to confirm it on Monday. But we're booked in, this is happening, like I said it's just the little details we need to sort out. Hope to have a full announcement here on Monday. Just don't wanna say anything now before it's fully confirmed.

I love you......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ah now, i think you're the one who should get the million thanks! :D
    Christ, better start planning my costume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Awesome work Leggo!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Would love to be going to this lads! Sounds like it will be great craic.

Have a good one.

• Advertisement

This is amazing news but I shall not jinx the PW Boards Meetup

Advertisement