Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episode Question

• 30-05-2003 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking for the name of a Star Trek Next Gen episode. As best I recall, it opens with the crew having no memory of who they are. Worf then decides he is the captain, Picard goes to the galley and becomes the chef.

I can't find this in any of the episode descriptions on the web. Perhaps I'm not remembering it correctly or perhaps it was not the opening scene.

Does any of this ring a bell?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Conundrum maybe? (season 5)

And this is somewhat in the wrong forum - there's a Star Trek forum where someone will definitely know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah conundrum is the one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

um picard becomes the helm officer in that one not the chef the enterprise doesnt have a galley *at lest we never see one*

yeah i think data goes to ten-forward IIRC, and the imposter on the ship takes the place of first officer and riker is the second officer just so the species can annhilate another race or something that they have been at war with for ages.

bit odd though how a speics 100 + years behind the fed could so easly take over the crew of the mighty galaxy class

it was a good ep over all though i loved seeing the 500 meter long 200 meter tall enterprise fly pass the tiny little destroy class ships killing them like flys :D

imagen the explaning starfleet had to do to that speices lol :D

• Advertisement

the species had some type of technology or biological ability which they excelled at wasn't it? and as a result they where able to do what they did

ya when the enterprise opened coms with the enemy ship they used some type of technology to wipe the short term memorys of the crew and erase some files from the computer (sounds pritty advanced stuff)

yeah sounds advanced alright, you know the way though that individual species have a certain panache for some types of technologies depending on there development, culture, interests (and perhaps from this species war) etc. maybe explaining there ability?

true some st race,s are great at some type of tech though to be maybe 200 year,s ahead in brain altering tech from the rest of your technology is pritty bloody good

but isnt it amazeingly risky to be attacking a 4,5 million ton battleship thats 100+ years ahead in terms of weapions technology and who,s owner,s have over 15,000 starships and trillions of people

call me a idoit but if and when they found out you be fuged

they had the element of surprise, not expected to be threatening etc. that makes it worth while, to end a god only knows how long war and they probably realised the federation being what they are wouldn't go to war with them after they where found out, putting it down to a diplomatic incident

oh where did you get the 15,000 figure? i don't recall that being mentioned in an official source?

• Advertisement

The fed was only able to rebuild the wolf 395 fleet in a year thats only 40 ships not what you would call massive productsion.
    Most warfleets in Ds9 numbered into the Hundreds not thousands.And a fair few websites say between 15,000 to 20,000 ships:D

i suppose when the federation went to war production was stepped up and not only that older ships where relaunched, from some of the things i've read stripped fo everything bar engines and weapons and other essentials etc. just to get them to fly, sure i recall seeing miranda class ships in those fleets of hundreds, shocking just shocking :)

yep the "new" galaxy class,s where banged out of the yards with notting on board bar weapions and crew space :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

that was a great episode also can anyone tell the name of the episode where the crew turn into animals and Lt.Barkley is the carrier of the desease and he turns into a spider:rolleyes:

Tis episode Genesis, season 7 episode 19

Advertisement