Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Denny M wrote: »
    Are you in or around Galway city? If you want, I could try to get a ticket for you when I'm up on the 16th and give it to you whenever, I'm up during the weekdays in Galway.

Hopefully leggo would be able to spare two for me but if needs be that would be great. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

For any people coming from outside Dublin that are deffo going i might be able pick up few tickets for ya s when im getting mine and can find me and pay me on the night if yous want.

Pm me if anyones interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Hopefully leggo would be able to spare two for me but if needs be that would be great. Cheers.

This could be realistically the best chance ever for the live podcast.. I'll bring the Buckfast...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm so dam excited for this. :D

This could be realistically the best chance ever for the live podcast.. I'll bring the Buckfast...:pac:

Somebody who isn't Diabhal could bring the aul audio cassettes and a Philips tape-recorder.

• Advertisement

Somebody who isn't Diabhal could bring the aul audio cassettes and a Philips tape-recorder.

Ive one of these if that will do:
    41DCtPr%2BQRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

What time does mania finish. Be a long drive back to Galway if it's late that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cena wrote: »
    What time does mania finish. Be a long drive back to Galway if it's late that night

4 a.m. I expect that it starts at 12 & ends at 4 o'clock like it has for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

cena wrote: »

Won't be any traffic on the roads though.

And you's will all be buzzing about Triple H ending Undertaker's streak due to interference from X-Pac, Chyna, and and the New Age Outlaws and also John Cena's epic heel turn where he legit concusses Dwayne with multiple non-protected chair shots to the head and then spits in his mother's face at ring-side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Actually that's a great idea- Ger how do you feel about if we hosted the boards PW reunion show at the event since its coming back soon? First interview guest is getting back to me soon I hope :) For those asking on the thread, it is a former guest on the show so that narrows it down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

what time would kick out time be? I mean would we be all turfed out straight after Mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I do believe this to be the most awesome thing to ever happen in Dublin.

I think this will be a massive success. In fact, I'll be picking up my tickets tonight just in case.

re: Fancy dress. Anyone here taking part in that side of it.

When it comes to fancy dress I always dread turning up as the only person in costume :D. And if I dont go in costume i dread that I'll end up the only person without one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah lads work away with your podcast and whatever you want. Now I can't give you the floor like, have you on stage or whatever, just cus that's a whole other ball game when it comes to sound engineering (I've done live podcasts myself) but if you want a table to record I can book off one for you, just get there for pretty much bang on 8pm before it starts filling up.

Yep when the event ends pretty much everyone will be expected to leave. I'll say it to them that the end package with the show recap is important so they'll hold off til after that.

If anyone else needs me today, I'll be away from the PC again so you can get me on Twitter. Check there much more frequently than here and can reply quicker. @AMTRick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gonna sticky this for the time being.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

remember lads tickets are available from the 16th (Friday week)!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jaykhunter wrote: »
    remember lads tickets are available from the 16th (Friday week)!

/makes note to put the boot down to nearest Captains

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Four of us going.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

few ideas for the party:
    1. wwe 12 available to play
    2. hold a wrestling trivia competition where the winner gets something from the wrestling mania shop!maybe they would sponsor a prize.
    3. any chance of getting a wrestling radio show to record something from the party? wrestling voice and wwr come to mind.
    4.considering there's essentially a 4 hour build up to the event maybe showing the preview programmes on sky sports even the previous weeks raw/smackdown leading up to 12am might be great to build anticipation?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Strippers for the four hours before it starts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Strippers for the four hours before it starts.

Just watch all the Diva's matches from Wrestlemania past . Basically the same ;)

• Advertisement

Wouldnt it be awesome if we could get WWE/sheamus to officially reconcognise this event in some way.

You know the sort of thing Im talking about...dDuring the intro to Sheamus Vs Byran they cut to a scene live in Sheamus's home town - queue 1000+ of us going mental in Captain America's for a few seconds.

WWE have done this kinda thing before right? I know they used to switch to WWE Times Sq new York etc during previous mania's.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting caught up in the excitment but I think it would be fecking deadly and I reckon if anyone could pull this off, its this 'leggo' fella.

Wouldnt it be awesome if we could get WWE/sheamus to officially reconcognise this event in some way.

You know the sort of thing Im talking about...dDuring the intro to Sheamus Vs Byran they cut to a scene live in Sheamus's home town - queue 1000+ of us going mental in Captain America's for a few seconds.

WWE have done this kinda thing before right? I know they used to switch to WWE Times Sq new York etc during previous mania's.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting caught up in the excitment but I think it would be fecking deadly and I reckon if anyone could pull this off, its this 'leggo' fella.

How big do you think CA is? :confused:

Also doesn't help that waltersobchak and Sheamus have nuclear heat. Even survivors of Hiroshima think it's too much.

How big do you think CA is? :confused:

I dunno, but all we need is enough people to make the place look packed to the rafters!

Is there anywhere to park around grafton street for the evening?

CMpunked wrote: »

Stephens Green/Royal College of Surgeons car park is 24 hours. Think its something like 6 euro overnight from 6 on a sunday.

There we go. Pay on arrival rate of 6 euro from 5pm to 10 am
    http://www.q-park.ie/tabid/425/qparkParkingLocatorvw3443/parkingdetail/ParkingID/1542/language/en-US/Default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

CMpunked wrote: »
    theres a carpark at stephens green shopping centre thats open 24hrs and I thinks its cheap enough to park there late at night

Just park on Grafton street like all the other culchies do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Orla99

Awesome;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Great ideas and info guys. I can't offer better tips than the car parking and hostel prices you've sourced.

Just to respond to some of the ideas:

• I'm more than happy to work with Wrestling Mania on this, no doubt they've seen it already as they know pretty much everyone in Irish wrestling and don't miss a trick. So if they'd like some advertising in association with the event in exchange for spot prizes on the night (we'll find a fun way of giving them out), my mail is Rick@AMTLive.ie.

• The boards PW guys may be recording their podcast there on the night, I think that's a great idea and am happy to let them work away. Same goes for other shows, get in touch if you're interested.

• WWE '12...brilliant idea and one that I actually hadn't thought of! The only thing is, I've run Wii night's before and the equipment and any damage it may incur around drunken punters is covered by the venue. I doubt Captain's would agree to that as the expenses are already building up in relation to the event. However if someone would like to volunteer their XBox Live I can arrange a screen in a corner to be used for this I'm sure. It'll be at your own risk though. I'll sort whoever does it out with a couple free tickets for the event.

• I'd LOVE WWE to do something like a fan shot for Sheamus from the event, but given the size/scale of the event I can't see them going for it. Will put feelers out though, have dealt with them before through radio so have a few contact numbers/addys, who knows they may pick it up? One thing we could realistically look for is a RT from various WWE superstars/pages on Twitter plugging the event and the link to the Facebook event. Will look into that and if anyone wants to go for it too feel free.

• I'm going to have classic WrestleMania matches on screen for the build up. Am having that arranged as we speak!

• Haven't forgotten about Diabhal Beag or people who pretty much can't possibly get tickets beforehand. I'll come back in the next day or two on that.

Hope that covers everything for now!

Advertisement