Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

22 year old guy having sex with 16 year old girl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

Terry wrote:
    Me and the rest of his friends were less than impressed with the fact he was with her in the first place......
    Yep, that's been our view of everything too - from both sides of the fence!

But eighteen months further on and they are still best of friends, and life goes on......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dudess wrote:
    That does not make it ok - a 16-year-old is a child.

Please quit it with that line. It makes you sound fanatical.
    At 16, I was in a place of my own, I was working in an IT company and owned my own car. I personally made the decision to leave school and follow the path I knew my life was taking. I was more than mature enough at that time to have sex. Ok I was too much of a nerd to get the girls in the first place. But it isnt the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Dudess wrote:
    That does not make it ok - a 16-year-old is a child

You saying its not ok doesn't make that so either. You have to take each case on its own merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Did anyone else actually go to the bother of reading their blog? I want my five minutes back, might send them an angry email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Jumpy wrote:
    Please quit it with that line. It makes you sound fanatical.
    Sorry. I just think that there's an element of normalising underage sex in our culture. And a notion that teenage kids WANT to be engaging in sexual activity. A lot of them don't want to, but feel pressurised to do so. Imagine how unpleasant sexual experiences are for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Dudess wrote:
    And a notion that teenage kids WANT to be engaging in sexual activity.

I did. Didn't happen for me till I was 18 tho, but my GF at the time was 16 and she'd done it before and initiated it.

Some don't though. And I bet some THINK they want to, but don't actually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Well, I did. I didn't regret it and my whole life didn't end.
    Peer pressure is a bad thing in general, but it's not the same issue as 16 year olds having sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Jeffery Salty Tweet

Well, if she is a consenting adult wherever this did happen I don't really see a problem.

It may be considered immoral but the main rule of thumb is that once she's legal and hot it's okay! :D

Seriously though, If I was in the UK for instance where she would be a consenting adult and she was REALLY hot, I would. Probably wouldn't tell my friends though.

Well, if she is a consenting adult
    She isn't an adult, she's a little girl. Grrr, this attitude makes me sick. A few short years ago she was playing with dolls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

christ, i was 16 when i lost my virginity, she wasnt 22, but still.
    ive known some ridiculously mature 16 year olds and some ridiculously immature 22 year olds. im not saying i know these people and can judge fairly if there's a misbalance of power in the relationship, but i certainly am not about to judge this as "wrong" without such information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Jeffery Salty Tweet

Dudess wrote:
    She isn't an adult, she's a little girl. Grrr, this attitude makes me sick. A few short years ago she was playing with dolls.

Well, what I mean is a consenting adult from a legal perspective, so 17 or older in Ireland or 16 or older in the UK makes a person a consenting adult.

I don't know where this occurred, maybe UK? Certainly if it happened in Ireland he could be done for statutory rape and should really not have an on-line blog boasting of his exploits.

I'm just concerned there's a danger that people will lose their virginity at 16 just because it's the done thing and not because they actually want to. I know I wasn't ready at 16 and didn't want to - I waited til I was 18 and even that was too early. Was I unusual?
    But I suppose that's not the issue here. What is the issue is a grown man having sex with a young girl. I agree, it depends on the situation. Some girls are very mature for their age - no doubt about that. But I still can't help having a problem with an older guy sleeping with them - whether they are really mature for their age or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Dudess wrote:
    Sorry. I just think that there's an element of normalising underage sex in our culture.
    Underage sex was normal for 99.9% of human history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

In Ireland, the age of consent is 17, it is only ever 16 when its within your peer group. Sex is not something to be taken lighty, and I really don't think people are prepared for the emotional weight attached to it. Esp the first time, sure look at how it can mess people up

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

Dudess wrote:

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion. But I still have to disagree.
    My 17yr old has a wide social circle - her friends are all ages, ranging from 18 to 38... yes, 38.
    She has the ability to converse with them on their level and has an abundance of common sense - she 'hung up' her dollies at the tender age of 7 or 8, moving onto sports, dancing, horse riding, computers etc.

If anyone should even DARE suggest that she find a lad 'her own age' she'd be mightily pissed off & downright insulted!

Dudess, I appreciate that this isn't YOUR way, but it is OUR way & here in the UK she IS an adult - legally.
    Live & let live & each to their own, huh? As said before, each situation should be judged within its own merits.
    Julie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It is clear to me they seem to know what they are doing.

I am a teenager myself. Sex is what we think about quite alot. And in this society (where u see 13 and 14 year olds at it) 16 is certainly not a a bad age for having sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'm 22 and I'd tap that!! ha ha nah just kiddin....was talking to two 17 year old girls on Friday night for almost an hour and couldn't really take myself to making any moves on them...think I'd be in the 18 or up bracket...see too many lads my age with the 15 or 16 year old B-yores in the passenger seat of the car lookin all sulky and whorish...Where are the parents!?, Won't anybody please think of the children!?

I am a teenager myself. Sex is what we think about quite alot.
    Cos you actually have sexual desires or because it's "the done thing"?
    And in this society (where u see 13 and 14 year olds at it) 16 is certainly not a a bad age for having sex.
    16 is only a tiny bit older than 13 or 14 - I wouldn't say it certainly is not a bad age for having sex. Wait til you're older and you have some perspective. 16 is obscenely young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Dudess wrote:
    Cos you actually have sexual desires or because it's "the done thing"?

16 is only a tiny bit older than 13 or 14 - I wouldn't say it certainly is not a bad age for having sex. Wait til you're older and you have some perspective. 16 is obscenely young.

the teenage years are the absolute peak of sexual desires, its "the done thing" for every age bracket.

16 is a tiny bit older in terms of age, but i think a person matures fastest in the years between 13 and 16, and while i know some do not mature as well as others but 16 is hardly an obscene age to begin having sex.

it is obscene, however, to assume no one at 16 is emotionally ready for sex.

• Advertisement

In my opinion it's not obscene at all. But that's my opinion - you have yours. I suppose all we can do is just leave it at that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Dudess wrote:
    And I bet some THINK they want to, but don't actually.

That'll be the hormones for you.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

You're not right to be angry, because it happens regularly up and down the country after night clubs and the sort. And the fact that it is none of your business because both of them are above the age of consent. Just because your morals don't match theirs doesn't give you the right to be angry. Personally I think it is morally wrong, but hey, who am I to say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Dave wrote:
    Is she hot?
    :D

Thats a very valuable point there young man!

Lately I've seen a 16-year-old girl giving a 27-year-old woman fellatio advice on another forum. That is f*cked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

:)dont be worring
    bring up ur child as best u can and enstill what u beleive r good values and ull have nothing 2 b worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Dudess wrote: »
    Lately I've seen a 16-year-old girl giving a 27-year-old woman fellatio advice on another forum. That is f*cked up.

I wonder which forum that was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ah I think 22 and 16 is a bit weird now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Arise zombie thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭foxhound

the age of consent is 17 here but its 16 in uk
    Ireland has one of the oldest age of consent in the west
    In france its 15, in germany its 14/16 in greece its 15 and in Liechtenstein its 14
    In some states of the US its also 16

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

Advertisement