Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What was the last inanimate object you swore at?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sherifu wrote: »
    Take the cd, put it in the drive. Turn on, press ok until the end. Take cd out. You're welcome.
    English please, nerd! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dudess wrote: »

Take the cd, fcuk it out the window, and remember that not understanding everything about computers just means that you don't spot more errors with the machine!* :p

*This is a good thing. It saves you many sleepless nights of worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The PS3 wireless controller. I had got up to check my food in the oven (Big Al's Chicken Breast; taste's great!) and left the controller on the table beside the sitting room door. When I returned and sat back down in my comfy bean bag I looked around and saw the ''Effing kunt'' of a controller 2 metres from me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Stupid xbox. Pro evo is well hard. Many words were uttered but I later retracted them. Included was the r word. I need someone to beat me up for that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dudess wrote: »

Silly wimmin!!! :rolleyes: Basically what Sherifu said. Even you could do it!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The stupid crap touchscreen tills in work that are so unresponsive when I went to press 2 x vodka and 1 red bull all I got was 2 x red bull. :mad: Luckily the music was quite loud so the customers didn't hear the obscenities directed at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

An icon on the computer for not showing me as being connected to this interwebz thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh the Wii, I can see the router, I'll connect to the router but I'll be damned if I'll let you do anything online.

In fairness it's got the bare minimum of a signal but still if you don't want to connect say so and stop tempting me with intermittent connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Silly wimmin!!! :rolleyes: Basically what Sherifu said. Even you could do it!!! :pac:
    But what CD? My Pussycat Dolls CD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

An ATM machine that didn't have tenners OR twenties in it. :mad: I had to take out E50 to buy juice!

• Advertisement

An ATM machine that didn't have tenners OR twenties in it. :mad: I had to take out E50 to buy juice!
    Hate that too, the worst thing is it lets you make your selection before telling you it only does 50s. Then there's amounts listed that it will never give out the stubborn ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Faith wrote: »
    My weighing scales. You can't put on 2lbs in one day! Piece of shít.

Weigh yourself before and after you go for a meal and accompanying pi55 up.
    Then come back here and report your findings. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Abigayle wrote: »
    He just made me some tea and left the sugar out. The thick fuck.

A midnight bludgeoning offense if ever I heard of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The toilet roll holder because I just finished going for a dump and the fucker was empty.

Luckily there's a box of tissues on the sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

best thing is to react in a calm collected manner. rent a truck, get some rope, somehow hook said rope around the offending teller machine and pull it out of the wall. that'll learn 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

'Ol wrote:
    best thing is to react in a calm collected manner. rent a truck, get some rope, somehow hook said rope around the offending teller machine and pull it out of the wall. that'll learn 'em!
    It was in the Jervis Shopping Centre, I doubt people would appreciate me driving a truck through there! :D

Besides I can't drive yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

The computer

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

The Hammer that i just hit my knee with! which induced a psychotic episode in which i tried to beat the hammer to death on the ground :mad: Didn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

It was in the Jervis Shopping Centre, I doubt people would appreciate me driving a truck through there! :D

Besides I can't drive yet :(

ah well thats were u went wrong shouldve gone up to the top of the jervis at the car park entrance theres 2 atms there both of them nearly always packed to the brim with tenners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Well I managed to drop a car engine on my finger this morning (don't ask how). The pain is quite unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

mookishboy wrote: »
    The Hammer that i just hit my knee with! which induced a psychotic episode in which i tried to beat the hammer to death on the ground :mad: Didn't work

the ground was probably confused, thinking of what it did wrong to deserve such punishment. I hope you apologised thereafter

'Ol wrote:
    That's a bit OTT and time consuming. Far better to hit it a couple of slaps so it shuts down and ruins everyone else's day too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Every morning I wake up with the plaster cast on leg/ankle the air goes blue, seriously fed up and bored with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

An ash-tray placed precariously beside my bed. Every morning I step out of bed, place my foot on it, flip ash-tray and contents of said ash tray on the floor. I then proceed to clear up contents of ash-tray and place them back in the ash-tray, leaving it in the same place for me to step on again as I return to my leaba that evening. As i repeat the ash-tray flippage I tend to curse at it, which the profanities becoming more intense with each passing day.

I can't help but think that I'm really cursing at myself for being so stupid on so many levels. The greatest level of said stupidity is exemplified by the fact that I don't even smoke. This ash-tray has been sitting there for about two-weeks after a few of my mates were in the room smoking. Still, stupid f*cking ashtray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    An ash-tray placed precariously beside my bed. Every morning I step out of bed, place my foot on it, flip ash-tray and contents of said ash tray on the floor. I then proceed to clear up contents of ash-tray and place them back in the ash-tray, leaving it in the same place for me to step on again as I return to my leaba that evening. As i repeat the ash-tray flippage I tend to curse at it, which the profanities becoming more intense with each passing day.

I can't help but think that I'm really cursing at myself for being so stupid on so many levels. The greatest level of said stupidity is exemplified by the fact that I don't even smoke. This ash-tray has been sitting there for about two-weeks after a few of my mates were in the room smoking. Still, stupid f*cking ashtray!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My computer and printer... almost everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

my phone

It has been about a year since I directed my rage at an inanimate object.
    It involved a plate and the offenders vechile.
    I nearly did myself an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The door I stubbed my toe on last night while taking a mid night leak. I tore the front off my baby toe pretty bad and the language I directed at the bastid of a door nearly caused the paint on the wall to melt.

It's actually the same door I put my fist through a while ago while drunk and p!ssed off. It's on now mutherfukker :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

My computer, several times daily. Given my sig, I'm surprised it doesn;t work properly. Ah well, time for a new one :P

Advertisement