Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warning appeal

Options
  • 09-09-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭

I got a warning a few days ago for this post which imo was a complete over-reaction from the mod. The post was intended as genuine advice/feedback for the OP based on previous dealings I had with him. No one else had any issue with the post except the forum mod which I believe she firmly misunderstood but failed to retract when a full explanation was later presented.

I did ask the mod for an explanation and got a reply that was based more on assumptions rather than facts. I replied with a fairly detailed explanation but that PM went unanswered so the paper trail leads me here. :)

There's a bit more info in the PMs I sent (which I dont wish to post in public) so let me know if you want those forwarded.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi muffler - either Davy or I will look into this and get back to you. Bear with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Cheers dudara. No panic with it so take your time :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

muffler wrote: »
    Cheers dudara. No panic with it so take your time :)

I have looked at this from both sides and don't think that the warning given was excessive.

A previous history with the poster in different forums is not reason enough to excuse the post as different rules apply to work&jobs.

Most work & jobs posters or outsiders wouldn't be aware of the previous history with the poster so just looks like a smart remark rather than a helpful post. So for this reason I am allowing the warning to stand.

Davy wrote: »
    .........so just looks like a smart remark rather than a helpful post. So for this reason I am allowing the warning to stand.
    So its not a smart remark but merely looks like a smart remark. And that's good enough reason to uphold the warning?

Ah well, I tried :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

muffler wrote: »
    So its not a smart remark but merely looks like a smart remark. And that's good enough reason to uphold the warning?

Ah well, I tried :confused:

You know the poster so obviously didn't mean it to be a smart remark, to everyone else it is a smart remark.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    You know the poster so obviously didn't mean it to be a smart remark, to everyone else it is a smart remark.
    Yeah, I understand that Davy but my comment was directed at the OP and not anyone else.

And it wouldn't have taken much effort for the mod to have requested an explanation and if necessary the said explanation could have been posted by either of us on thread without the need to react hastily to a comment she didn't even understand.

But look, you've made your decision and I can live with this travesty of justice so we can leave it there :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Marking as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement