Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lidl Pressure Washer

• 16-08-2012 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭

Just to let you guys know, Lidl have the Parkside pressure washer back in stock for €119.99. I picked one up this morning. My parents have had the presssure washer(Lavor Superwash 160) they bought from Lidl over 3 years ago and it was the best cold water domestic washer I had ever used...no issues, so fingers crossed this is as reliable/powerful

IE_55991wk33_01_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The trigger on these is very unuser-friendly. It's hard to hold it down and will give you a pain in your forearm.

Also, they are not great quality as I had one and it had to back due to the motor constantly running even when not in use and a pin-hole leak in the lance before the connector point.

It[s proving tough to get my money back too as the leak happened after the 2 month store warranty expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

The trigger on these is very unuser-friendly. It's hard to hold it down and will give you a pain in your forearm.

Also, they are not great quality as I had one and it had to back due to the motor constantly running even when not in use and a pin-hole leak in the lance before the connector point.

It[s proving tough to get my money back too as the leak happened after the 2 month store warranty expired.
    Thanks for the feedback....hopefully you were just unlucky but I do agree it doesn't seem as solid as the Lavor unit my parents have....will be keeping my receipt in a safe place :)

I had my receipt, just make sure that everything that's going to go wrong, does so within 2 months :pac:

Karcher are the best on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

But a 150bar Karcher equivalent will cost quite a bit more than 120€ ;)

Bought one also to replace a 3+ yr old Lavor that had taken a beating. I'm hoping that it will perform and last to a comparable level.

dodzy wrote: »
    But a 150bar Karcher equivalent will cost quite a bit more than 120€ ;)

True but it will last a lot longer in comparison and it's a false economy to buy a cheap one knowing that you'll have to replace it a lot sooner with the Karcher you should have bought originally ;)

My first Karcher lasted me 4 years, second one lasted 2 before a family member bought it from me and they still have it. I bought this Lidl one a few months back, it lasted 2 uses before the pump started acting up and the pin-hole appeared a few weeks ago.

I have since bought another Karcher and still have the Lidl one sitting in the garage in its original box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Anyone buying this stick your receipt to the box and keep the box and manual. You will need the receipt for the warranty after 60 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I've a karcher I bought over 10 years ago and it gets used regularly for all sorts if jobs!!
    I recently put a new pump and seals in it as pressure was dropping off and it was hunting/ not cutting out and eventually leaking.
    Anyway espares and buyspares uk deliver parts for karcher within about 2 days so I've a like new washer again.
    It's 120 bar and more than enough for car/yard etc etc.
    I see new hatchets fir about 120 in woodies... That's what is forms my money in.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

My Lidl washer (Same as this one and only 2 months old) developed a pin hole on the sprayer part and I brought it back to lidl.They replaced the whole unit FOC.
    I believe the nilfisk washers are good?

Moanin wrote: »
    My Lidl washer (Same as this one and only 2 months old) developed a pin hole on the sprayer part and I brought it back to lidl.They replaced the whole unit FOC.

Same happened me except it was outside the 2 months.

Same happened me except it was outside the 2 months.

Have you spoken to lidl customer services?
    What about the manufacturers?
    You should still be covered under a 3 year warranty IIRC.

• Advertisement

Have you spoken to lidl customer services?
    What about the manufacturers?
    You should still be covered under a 3 year warranty IIRC.

I spoke to someone in customer service and they asked me to leave a message both times and I still haven't heard back from them.

Once this is all sorted, I will have to sell the replacement on if I can't just get a refund. I doubt I'll get a refund though as it's gone past the 2 month "shop" stage.

I spoke to someone in customer service and they asked me to leave a message both times and I still haven't heard back from them.

That's strange. Usually they take then info from your receipt, contact the manufacturer and send you out a letter that you bring to the store to pick up a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The lances on those washers from Parkside have a tendency to split along the seam, even with light use. Amazon UK have nilfisk power washers from £60 with free shipping, a much better option in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I had my receipt, just make sure that everything that's going to go wrong, does so within 2 months :pac:

Agree Karcher are the best. Have been using the same Karcher unit since 1998!
    I guess I got my money's worth .

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

My dad bought one of them and the hose burst, despite the fact he is really careful with tools, minding the hose etc! The lance also split. I wouldn't recommend them at all after seeing what happened to his one.
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Moanin wrote: »

Update on this......I opened the repalcement unit to find it was also leaking at the gun so returned it and got money back.

I'm now looking at the Nilfisk unit below:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420188/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

They get good reviews. Has anybody got experience of these or recommend anything? I use mine mostly for washing the car weekly and cleaning the cobblelock driveway annually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Don't bother with the auto brush or the patio cleaner. Amazon are a lot cheaper
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer-Motor/dp/B001TUYV14/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
    The reviews on Amazon are spot on.

If you do want all the accessories, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-C110-X-TRA-Garden-Accessory/dp/B005GKI52O/ref=sr_1_6?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1345322159&sr=1-6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Well I should have listened to you guys! :)
    After using the pressure washer for only 4 times, the handle developed a leak...it looks like the rubbers broke up on the hose...
    Anyways brought it back straight away and got a full refund as it was less than 28days old....Phew
    Seriously though, why are they still selling it if it is such a POS!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've had my nilfisk for a good while now and given it plenty of use, still A1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've had my nilfisk for a good while now and given it plenty of use, still A1

Same as....use mine alot and its by far the best PW Ive used.......no issues whatsoever!!

Always recommend them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

And it's blue, so it matches my car.

Advertisement