Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

• 17-05-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3524-TNA-IMPACT-WRESTLING-Celebrates-Summer-2012-By-Going-LIVE
    SPIKE TV TAKES HIGHLY RATED SHOW LIVE AND TO 8:00PM/ET BEGINNING THURSDAY, MAY 31st

NASHVILLE, TN - (May 17, 2012) -- TNA IMPACT WRESTLING President Dixie Carter and SPIKE TV President Kevin Kay announce today that the highly-rated “IMPACT WRESTLING” will be going Live! from Universal Studios beginning May 31st and continue through the summer. This announcement coincides with the recently announced new, one-hour earlier time slot change of 8:00-10:00pm/ET every Thursday night beginning May 31st.

“We are excited to take IMPACT WRESTLING Live! all summer long, and have our first Live! summer show launch our new 8:00pm/ET time slot,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “Summer of 2012 is going to be remembered as the most momentous time in our company's history-to-date. Stay tuned."

It's as if WWE and TNA timed their big TV announcements together. I'd rather see them go live outside of Orlando but one step at a time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

It's as if WWE and TNA timed their big TV announcements together.

The timing is freaky, though TNA's announcement makes a ton more sense than WWE's.

The Summer of Wrestling Revolution is nigh.

Join_the_Revolution_by_Jerricco.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    The timing is freaky, though TNA's announcement makes a ton more sense than WWE's.

If Dixie had broken the news when she teased it they would've beaten WWE to the punch. So now 75% of TNA's problems have been solved, it can only get better from here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just hope it isnt as ADD as their Monday Night War stint.

rovert wrote: »
    Just hope it isnt as ADD as their Monday Night War stint.

Hopefully it shouldn't be because they shouldn't feel the need to do random stupid crap in attempt to "compete" with Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Cool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great news for TNA. Live shows are always more fun. Especially when the results come out and the IWC shíts on it, but when it airs on tv, it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The main event will be Bobby Roode vs. Sting in a lumberjack match

- IMPACT WRESTLING will come on the air live at 8PM with the return of "The Icon" Sting to action as he faces World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode in a Lumberjack Match with the ring surrounded by TNA Superstars.
    impact1.jpg

- Brooke Hogan will make her IMPACT WRESTLING debut. How will the Knockouts react?
    impact2.jpg

- On Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast LIVE on SpikeTV at the new start time of 8/7c - Devon will defend the Television Championship against the choice of the fans! Who will be the choices? Starting this Monday, visit IMPACTWRESTLING.com and we'll reveal one challenger each day. Then, voting will open at noon eastern time on Thursday, May 31st! YOU pick who Devon defends the title against that night! The power will be in YOUR hands during the LIVE television broadcast on Thursday!
    impact3.jpg

- The countdown is on to the June 10 "Slammiversary" event - IMPACT will feature news on our big 10 year anniversary spectacular

- Plus, all of your favorite IMPACT WRESTLING superstars including General Manager Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Bully Ray, the high-flying X Division Superstars, the lovely but lethal Knockouts and more!

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast at 8/7c LIVE on SpikeTV

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Since the Roode vs Sting match is non title (from the looks of things anyway) I'm guessing Sting wins and gets the title shot at Slammiversary.

Looking at the Devon picture, I'd guess Alex Silva on the left and Magnus on the right. Second left maybe Daniels. No clue about the other one.

Hopefully Brooke doesnt take up more than a couple of minutes in an ideally prerecorded backstage segment.

For Gut Check, since Silva got a contract, Joey Ryan HAS to. He showed much more in the ring and is 100000 times more charasmatic then Silva. It'll be a joke if he doesnt get it after Silva got one. Curious as to what they will do if Flair no shows again. Just replace him without saying anything?

RVD and Mr. Anderson are two of the four choices for the TV Title match. Since Anderson is in, I'll assume Hardy will also be in the running.

Wouldnt be a bad idea if they did the fan poll every week while they are live. But instead of the slow reveal like this, just put up a poll with four options and let the fans decide who gets the shot. Would be a good indication of how the fans rate some of the talent. For example, sticking Garret Bischoff in one week would likely show them nobody cares when he ends up with one or two votes.

• Advertisement

Since TNA is going live, there is no longer a need for a separate spoiler thread. iMPACT will be getting it's own thread - this one! Everything about the TV show goes in here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Impact was decent enough last week bar Hogan's spiel with handing the 4 tonites format(although the guys did what they could except the disinterested hardy).
    I am really enjoying the Joseph Park/Bully Ray storyline don't know exactly why think its cause I could totally see renowned chicago lawyer Joseph Park turning up in a Phoenix Wright game and Bully Raymond can do no wrong in my eyes.

Somewhere there's an OBJECTION! pic with Joseph Park's head on it :P

I absolutely HATE when the TV show I'm watching tells me it's fake. I'm ok with shoot promos if there's a good reason for it, but casually "hey here's the run sheet where it says I'm to give a shít about X,Y,Z; creative blah blah" is just.....so awful. Regardless of the quality of the actual segment, pulling back the curtain often just tells the viewer that you have a poorly run show/company. There's no fun peeking behind the curtain if you do it all the time.

You forgot the ! after iMPACT! (yes I'm in a distinctly nitpicky mood).

You should be grateful as I wrote "TNA impact" first time. Small mercies :pac: LIVE from the Asylum.....

Robbie E is the third choice for Devon's opponent. Last one revealed tomorrow (I assume morning time) and then it's a fan vote.

Out of those three, I reckon it'll be RVD.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Robbie E is the third choice for Devon's opponent. Last one revealed tomorrow (I assume morning time) and then it's a fan vote.

Out of those three, I reckon it'll be RVD.

Whoever it is surely MUST beat Devon. Wonder what will Joseph Park and Bully Ray do next?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Whoever it is surely MUST beat Devon. Wonder what will Joseph Park and Bully Ray do next?

Unfortunatly I think it'll be everyone's least favourite wrestler, Garrett Bischoff, who beats him.

It won't happen, but I'd love them to give the title to Doug Williams and just let him have a great match every week. The guy is being wasted right now (unless he is injured), when's the last time he even appeared on TV?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It won't happen, but I'd love them to give the title to Doug Williams and just let him have a great match every week. The guy is being wasted right now (unless he is injured), when's the last time he even appeared on TV?

I read recently somewhere that Douglas might be headed to OVW as a trainer. Always a fan of him and a gent when I met him in coventry a few years back.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I read recently somewhere that Douglas might be headed to OVW as a trainer. Always a fan of him and a gent when I met him in coventry a few years back.

Surely he can fly back to Orlando once a week too? :D

Oh you guys, here's the REAL preview for tonight's iMPACT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

For some reason I thought she was much hotter. How wrong I was.

Robbie E says on Twitter that voting is at noon (5pm our time, bro!) and is asking people to vote for him. So far he has my vote :D

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    For some reason I thought she was much hotter. How wrong I was.

You've been listening to Charisteas for too long :pac:

c9b36217718a1a9791a8083795e7a589_L.jpg?t=1338489005

I'm not all that confident regarding Devon's chances.

Let's go Robbie!

Results are hidden (duh) so they can easily just pick whoever the hell they want anyway. My guess: Hardy wins the poll but Anderson costs him the match.

http://twtpoll.com/e4mij2

That's the link for the poll, there'll be an update on James Storm aswell tonight.

• Advertisement

That's the link for the poll, there'll be an update on James Storm aswell tonight.

Just voted for Robbie E, who else. Is Storm injured at the minute that he is off tv for so long.

Advertisement