Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guards chasing after horse racers

• 08-05-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Comments

• My blood is boiling watching that. What a bunch of useless oxygen stealers. The country would be a much better place without these inbred fúckers! Such a pity the artic driver didn't put the foot down!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Well I'm glad that every reg of that car is visible in that video. Alas nothing is ever going to be com about it, despite efforts by AGS.

Yea oxygen wasters indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Personally speaking, I am delighted that they had the opportunity to express their culture. It is however, regrettable that they had to nearly end lives to do so. :cool::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭mcko

It's their culture,
    Scum what do Pavee point saying about this.
    Hitler was the man for these lads, although I doubt a they would go into the showers.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

What an absolute disgrace, I hope the guards will be able to prosecute all the drivers here, and at least one of the riders faces is very clear on the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

They're just trying to express themselves. They're a highly discriminated against group who come from a socially deprived and misunderstood section of society. I think its a protest in favour of their fight for recognition as a separate ethnic group.

'Occupy the motorway'.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭big_heart_on

How does one "opt out" of Irish law the way these guys do?

Seriously, in a republic how is it possible that the law doesnt apply to guys engaging in this kind of dangerous and stupid behaviour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

dunner515 wrote: »
    Dunner515 were did you get this video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    Dunner515 were did you get this video?

YouTube?? :confused:

Actually meant who put it up on youtube. Sorry didnt make myself clear. Doesn't matter now Ive found out. All the reg plates and faces of ppl or on this video. I'm wondering though are travellers allowed to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭lynchieboy

Thats the main road from Cork to Limerick just past Waterloo, a young lady was killed tragically in a crash at a junction a mile from where he turns the horse around, this behavior is beyond the beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bulgarian police chase horse and carts.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robo10

Danger to other drivers on the road vans driving into on coming traffic a disgrace if the average Joe drove like that they would get a ban . I bet if customs dipped those vans they would have a field day .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

foreign wrote: »
    My blood is boiling watching that. What a bunch of useless oxygen stealers. The country would be a much better place without these inbred fúckers! Such a pity the artic driver didn't put the foot down!

They usually arent so brave when they are being cut out of the van after a bad rta. You would need to put the BA on due to the "fumes" off these guys.....

any1 notice the traffic patrol car on the left. How come they did not give chase?

• Tyron Jara wrote: »
    any1 notice the traffic patrol car on the left. How come they did not give chase?

I'd imagine they were dealing with one of the cars already.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Xplor.er

would of been a good opertunity for the guards to test there skills with the mp7's on moving targets:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Some video, Their lack of respect or interest in road safety would puzzle any psychiatrist. All the in-breeding must have seriously affected their brains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

charlemont wrote: »
    Some video, Their lack of respect or interest in road safety would puzzle any psychiatrist. All the in-breeding must have seriously affected their brains.

LOL
    Its a strange one, How they can do what they like,
    Its unexplainable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Question(s) to any members of AGS that are on this forum.

What is the official line on this sort of behaviour ?
    Why are the sulky's not seized and destroyed if the owners are found to be doing this ?
    Are the horses ever checked to see if they are chipped etc ?
    Are these guys ( the sulky drivers ) required to have insurance ?

Why isn't there a road block set up or something , this race went on for some time . Also , that group of people didn't just disappear would any action be taken against people found doing this ?

The problem is , law abiding drivers will see this and wonder why they get a tkt for speeding on a clear dual carrageway by 10 kph when these ' drivers ' were clearly observed by AGS driving 3-4 abreast on what is a main arterial road mixing with HGVs etc and on the face of it ignored.

It's only by the grace of god that no one was killed here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Only engine powered vehicles need insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 groundhurling

Only engine powered vehicles need insurance.

It goes without saying that all of those vehicles would have in-date tax and insurance :p

Totally agree with davidth88.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Question(s) to any members of AGS that are on this forum.

What is the official line on this sort of behaviour ?
    Why are the sulky's not seized and destroyed if the owners are found to be doing this ?
    Are the horses ever checked to see if they are chipped etc ?

Why isn't there a road block set up or something , this race went on for some time . Also , that group of people didn't just disappear would any action be taken against people found doing this ?

The problem is , law abiding drivers will see this and wonder why they get a tkt for speeding on a clear dual carrageway by 10 kph when these ' drivers ' were clearly observed by AGS driving 3-4 abreast on what is a main arterial road mixing with HGVs etc and on the face of it ignored.

It's only by the grace of god that no one was killed

with regard to the road block there is a list of offences such as ut or offences against the state that give gardai the authority to set up a road block.. Failing to stop is not one of them unfortunately.. I would guess all the reg plates which would be seen on the video, the registered owner would be demanded under 107(4) for the name and address of the driver and he/she charged with dangerous driving and faling to stop for gardai under 109 and could and should be disqualified from driving.. Thinks there's a furious riding summons for the sulky riders, failing that maybe endangerment under non fatal offences act.. They could easily have killed someone..

G'Wan Tayto!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The guy who recorded the video just posted this:
    For all ye stupid ****ing ***** that have Notting better to do but call names what about all the junkies and prostitute and rapiest n child malisters of settle people ya never hare about travellers up on court for any of that so who is the real scumbags here I think it the settle kind

Something seriously wrong there. Time for AGS to come down hard on these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

0325422 wrote: »
    with regard to the road block there is a list of offences such as ut or offences against the state that give gardai the authority to set up a road block.. Failing to stop is not one of them unfortunately.. I would guess all the reg plates which would be seen on the video, the registered owner would be demanded under 107(4) for the name and address of the driver and he/she charged with dangerous driving and faling to stop for gardai under 109 and could and should be disqualified from driving.. Thinks there's a furious riding summons for the sulky riders, failing that maybe endangerment under non fatal offences act.. They could easily have killed someone..

Many thanks.

Obvious problems there , how many of those cars/vans have a registered owner I wonder ?
    Also , how many of those owners actually have an address .
    How many licences would actually be valid to lose I wonder.

It's a bit mad that when the group stopped to discuss the race/dish out bets or whatever the AGS that were already around didn't have backup available and do something then , but I suppose AGS don't have the amount of backup that would be required without a full scale riot breaking out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 153 ✭✭rollcall

How did they all manage to get off work at the same time? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The incident happened on the Cork-Limerick road on Saturday morning, at about 7am. It happened within the Gurranabraher district. Earlier in the weekend, there was a stabbing in their district, and as a result the majority of the rescources were committed to that investigation. The victim died on sunday night from the stabbing incident.
    Thats probably why there was only 2 patrol cars available.

Notice also the total absence of any women? Traveller women are not permitted at these events. Gardai expect to make more arrests later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

For those calling for the AGS to set up road blocks, arrest all the drivers, arrest the people seen at the end etc. think about one thing, how many travellers vs how many gardai? These situations can turn ugly very quickly and lads can be under serious pressure. Back up? How many cars do people think are available within reasonable distance to this event on a sat morn at 7am? In a city centre sure loads but at that location id say you can see the lot in the video. that's what happens when the government cut numbers and resources. AGS will make their arrests when better equipped and backed up, these people will be caught, it just takes time. time is precious and they will run out of luck at some point and AGS will be waiting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The incident happened on the Cork-Limerick road on Saturday morning, at about 7am. It happened within the Gurranabraher district. Earlier in the weekend, there was a stabbing in their district, and as a result the majority of the rescources were committed to that investigation. The victim died on sunday night from the stabbing incident.
    Thats probably why there was only 2 patrol cars available.

Notice also the total absence of any women? Traveller women are not permitted at these events. Gardai expect to make more arrests later this week.

Because they got to stay at home the site and mind the children. Such is Traveller life. I'd reckon on those Gardaí that were there being from Blarney or Rathduff not Gurran, I think there is a station on the old Mallow road but I'm not sure wheter its open or not.

Advertisement