Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11 - Gorey Motorway Service Area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

I think I already saw that a month or two ago...

It's going to be one of those so-called 'Type 2' service areas with the full range of facilities is it not? Did anybody go to the public information day this month?

When are they going to draw up EIS plans for the other service areas. They will be needed incredibly soon! Especially since it says on that PDF:
    Construction works are due to commence in 2009 and are anticipated to last on a continous basis for approximately 12 to 18 months.

I'd imagine it would be the same or more for each for the M6/M7/M8/M9 service areas, so they'd want to get a move on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

By the way, here is the map of all the proposed service areas (note that it still refers to the 'N8', 'N9' etc):

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Construction well under way. Ill throw up a picture up soon. Supposed to open for business in October.

Pictures taken today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Pictures taken today

So won't be open for October then...

• Advertisement

So won't be open for October then...

Hey, dont shoot the messenger pal, I just work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

Maybe if you took less time taking photographs and more time building service stations it would be ready by now! :D

nordydan wrote: »
    Maybe if you took less time taking photographs and more time building service stations it would be ready by now! :D

I dont actually "work here", its called an expression, not to be taken literally. That is end of photos for this thread anyway if all I get is abuse for it. Well done for ruining it for everyone. Have a nice day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭nordydan

I dont actually "work here", its called an expression, not to be taken literally. That is end of photos for this thread anyway if all I get is abuse for it. Well done for ruining it for everyone. Have a nice day :)

I think you missed the point there...

nordydan wrote: »
    I think you missed the point there...

Irony does not translate on boards,(Thought the smiley face after have a nice day would have been a give away) I was hoping my 'outburst' would hide my laziness about my posting any more pictures ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Irony does not translate on boards,(Thought the smiley face after have a nice day would have been a give away) I was hoping my 'outburst' would hide my laziness about my posting any more pictures ;)

Maybe if you took less time doing the ironing and more time building service stations it would be ready by now! :D

#serviceareabantzcrew

Not shooting anyone, just being a little cheeky.. ;)

no worries man...i think from latest photos its evident it wont be finished before the new year even..they seem to be moving at a very slow pace any time I see site.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Hi does anyone know what shops are going to be there and how to apply for a job thank you

no worries man...i think from latest photos its evident it wont be finished before the new year even..they seem to be moving at a very slow pace any time I see site.

Is it a clone of the M4/M1 service stations, or different design?

Is it a clone of the M4/M1 service stations, or different design?

As far as i know it will be the same as existing applegreen/burger king/costa coffee service stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭jd

I'd say this station is economically marginal at best, at least until the Enniscorthy By-Pass is built. Coynes Cross SC doesn't help either.

jd wrote: »
    I'd say this station is economically marginal at best, at least until the Enniscorthy By-Pass is built. Coynes Cross SC doesn't help either.

yeah I would say it would never have been built at all if they knew coynes cross was in the pipeline, that development came out of nowhere and was completed relatively quickly. Indeed the Wicklow People even carried an article questioning the viability of the gorey devlopment upon news of the coynes cross site acquisition. Permission was sought for gorey service area based on celtic tiger levels of economic growth/projections and resulting traffic increases. I know this because I attended alot of the oral hearings when the residents of the area objected to the development back in 09.One of the NRA's arguments was the gorey site needed to be built as there was no adequate online service/rest area from there to Dublin.Upon permission being granted it became grouped with newlands cross/n11 upgrade ppp contract and construction stalled until funding was provided for all these projects. By then of course Coynes Cross had got the green light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭mollser

Is there a plan of this service station available anywhere? Particularly interested in what local access, if any, will be available to the service station, and more importantly to me, local access to the M11, as its very handy for where I need to get to!

Thanks

• Advertisement

mollser wrote: »
    Is there a plan of this service station available anywhere? Particularly interested in what local access, if any, will be available to the service station, and more importantly to me, local access to the M11, as its very handy for where I need to get to!

Thanks

I have it on cd rom from the oral hearings at home somewhere. Ill upload it here when I get a chance. Do note though that they seem to change these plans when it suits them and there have already been substantial alterations from original plans. Service area will only be accessible from M11 though. There are plans for an access entrance on the Ballyellen road but this will be for employee's/emergency use only. Id imagine a keypad activated barrier will be in place here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭mollser

That's great information tylercheribini, thanks for that!

Disappointing about the lack of local access though, would be a nice facility to have on the doorstep but pretty much useless otherwise. Perhaps that was done at the behest of the garage/facilities in and around Inch, I can understand that.

Disappointing about the lack of local access though, would be a nice facility to have on the doorstep but pretty much useless otherwise. Perhaps that was done at the behest of the garage/facilities in and around Inch, I can understand that.

The residents raised this access entrance as a major concern at the oral hearing for obvious reasons. An already busy country road would have become alot busier if this entrance was open to the general public.

It is the same for all the M-Way service stations, no local access, and only services relevant to motorists, it's part of the planning conditions, to avoid them becoming Shopping Centres.

Took these photos yesterday. As you can see, not much noticeable difference from previous photos

Pictures taken yesterday. Light poles gone up

Pictures taken earlier today.

Taken today

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

Does anyone know who r where to contact to see if there is any jobs available here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Any news when this is openjng

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement