Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Embedding script in Emails

Options
  • 07-11-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi, i was wondering if its possible to include a piece of script at the bottom of an email, that is asking for permission to take part in a survey. I want to have a YES/NO option which,if YES is selected, an email will be sent to my email address, indicating their willingness to partake in the survey. This way will indicate, who is willing to partake immediately, instead of hounding participants for an response!
    Hope some one can help!
    Thanks
    kennneth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You probably cannot attach a script to an email but you could have two buttons linked to scripts on a web site and those scripts would sent the emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Scripts are very, very likely to get stripped by hosters for good reasons. Your best bet is to have a button with a href URL displayed for the Yes and the target URL sends the notification to you. You don't need the No option.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kenk

Thanks for the replies guy, would any one be interested and willing to help me set up such a site..will make it worth you're while!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I'm a bit busy at the moment so would not have much time to do this project.
    Post it in the Work Wanted Superthread. You can link back to this thread to explain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

You could achieve what you want setting up a twitter/facebook account, posting your campaign and using fav/follow/retweet/friend to recruit a panel.

Gives u an option to engage with users.

You wont need any custom work done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement