Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got an unexpected share dividend cheque in the post so went a lttle crazy on ebay.

Bought

Motor Cross Champtionship for 32X
    Double Dragon for the master system
    Super Street Fighter 2 for the megadrive ( did not even know this game exsisted )
    Chrono Trigger for the SNES in MINT condition
    Super Mario 2 for the NES
    Contra 3 for the SNES
    Bomberman 2 for the SNES
    Final Fight 2 for the SNES
    Castlevania for the GBA and megadrive

Now my cheque money has nearly gone. Will post some pictures when they all turn up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

o1s1n wrote: »
    Gameboy Micro - Limited Famicom edition

The edges are a bit worn due to use (Explains why it was a fraction of the cost they usually go for)

Gonna try and fix her up once she arrives.

Nice, picked one up brand new and sealed in a gamestop in the middle of nowhere in the states during the summer, best part of the trip! Had been sitting there ignored for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

"New" (see other thread) steering wheel and 3 DC games - Space Channel 5 and Ecco are sealed, but you can betcha I'll be opening them this weekend (although I also just took delivery of MW2 so might go for a bit of non-retro for a few days)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

corblimey wrote: »
    "New" (see other thread) steering wheel and 3 DC games - Space Channel 5 and Ecco are sealed, but you can betcha I'll be opening them this weekend (although I also just took delivery of MW2 so might go for a bit of non-retro for a few days)

Would you not sell Space Channel 5 and Ecco on ebay as sealed games and then rebuy them? I'm sure there's a Dreamcast sealed game collector out there who'll give you a decent price on them.

Would you not sell Space Channel 5 and Ecco on ebay as sealed games and then rebuy them? I'm sure there's a Dreamcast sealed game collector out there who'll give you a decent price on them.

You think? I've actually got quite a few sealed games (inc my pride and joy, a sealed REZ, mmmm), but I've always wondered if they're actually factory sealed or just really well done home-made versions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

A few ebay deliveries today. Got Mega Games 2 (Golden Axe, Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of rage), Sonic 1 and Desert Strike for the Megadrive. Still waiting on Starwing for the SNES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

You think? I've actually got quite a few sealed games (inc my pride and joy, a sealed REZ, mmmm), but I've always wondered if they're actually factory sealed or just really well done home-made versions :)

I had gotten Jet Set Radio from eBay which was sealed and I was sure it was done later on by somebody else to increase the value, it was only about a tenner mind. I did get a Typing of the Dead recently which was an original seal, it even had DC product registration flyer still inside and was mint.

Got Silpheed and Soul Star for the Sega Mega CD today. Just the discs, no original case, but don't mind at all.

Master of the Universe

A few ebay deliveries today. Got Mega Games 2 (Golden Axe, Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of rage), Sonic 1 and Desert Strike for the Megadrive. Still waiting on Starwing for the SNES.

Boxed or unboxed? I have extra copies of most of those games in one form or another!

2 unboxed spare copies of Mega games 2, 3 unboxed Sonic 1's a boxed Sonic 1 and an extra copy of Starwing.

God damn it I need to start selling my doubles! :pac:

Been holding out for the trading forum but I might just give in and stick some up on adverts. But ..ack..the allure of trading sounds more fun.

Boxed or unboxed? I have extra copies of most of those games in one form or another!.

All boxed, Sonic and Desert strike also included manuals. The Desert Strike box was EA Classics branded. Building up a nice Mega Drive collection now, considering I only started it a few weeks ago.

All boxed, Sonic and Desert strike also included manuals. The Desert Strike box was EA Classics branded. Building up a nice Mega Drive collection now, considering I only started it a few weeks ago.

Actually Starwing isn't boxed, don't bother looking for Nintendo boxes as they are only cardboard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

D'ya think we should be really naughty and just have a sticky for trading? It's clearly needed

Master of the Universe

D'ya think we should be really naughty and just have a sticky for trading? It's clearly needed

Fight da powa!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

I'd be up for trading some stuff too. I have quite a bit of DC stuff thats duplicated or orphaned, some GameGear stuff I haven't quite decided on yet, and a solitary SMS Teddy Boy that I don't know whether it works or not, as I never had a SMS.

Any reasons why there couldn't be trading?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can't see any. Quick to the Gen. discussion thread before this gets OT! I always feel bad for bringing threads OT :)

Master of the Universe

I can't see any. Quick to the Gen. discussion thread before this gets OT! I always feel bad for bringing threads OT :)

Actually, I'd take it to the trading request thread in the forums forum. Good to keep her alive and going.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055656911&page=4

Right, to get this back on topic, some tiny almost irrelevant purchases -

Sega Nomad replacement screen cover
    Scart f to f adapter (For my Mega Super Gun project..going to allow me to put a female scart connection on the Megadrive shell)
    GBA flash cart & charger for the GBA micro.

Bought Double Dragon 2 for the nes and ghost pilot for the neo geo

Have a load of bids in the pipe line so fingers crossed

The House of the Dead 2 (DC-JP) box set with gun and game in pretty good nick.

Master of the Universe

Found an Irish ebay seller flogging a few games cheap. 2 euro piece.

Valis - Sega Megadrive (Boxed)
    Robocop 3 - snes
    F Zero - snes
    Robocop 2 - Nes
    Kabuki Quantum Fighter - Nes

Really happy getting Valis for that cheap. :pac:

Master of the Universe

Bought this today - (Note, this isn't me in the video, it's the ebay seller ;))

He has two for sale. One was a normal auction, the other had a buy it now of 150 sterling attached to it. I checked this morning and the buy it now one had been sold :O
    So I thought all hope was lost for me on this one. Apparently not. Got it for half the price the other person paid. yay!

BeYnQgmkKGrHqQH-DIErdzeYJD6BK9CSswE.jpg

Finally arrived, I've been waiting for this little beauty for a few weeks now. Beautiful. What's got 2 thumbs and won't need to mess around with bloody DC-X anymore? This guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Got No Mercy for N64 for a fiver off of Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Finally arrived, I've been waiting for this little beauty for a few weeks now. Beautiful. What's got 2 thumbs and won't need to mess around with bloody DC-X anymore? This guy.

nice! I got a boxed R7 Dreamcast (JPN) off adverts a month or two ago for 50euro, well worth it in my opinion. Would love one of the classic white ones though. Still looking for an American Dreamcast too

Yeah, me too, looking for one of the Sega Sports black models so that I can tell the difference between it and the JP one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Bought this off ebay yesterday for 1 cent & €4.99 P+P http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120493715392 .I only really wanted Crash Bandicoot and Gran Turismo,the other two are a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Crash Bandicoot is teh win, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Bought this off ebay yesterday for 1 cent & €4.99 P+P http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120493715392 .I only really wanted Crash Bandicoot and Gran Turismo,the other two are a bonus.
    (L) Rugrats! I bought that off eBay and it turned out to be American and not Pal :(
    Crash is awesome too but not as good.
    I'm the queen of Hide n Seek with Chuckie lol

Master of the Universe

Got a keyboard to Gameboy adapter (Home made in a 4 port gameboy hub, looks cool!) & Gameboy Transferer II for LSDJ. The latter was suprisingly hard to track down for a good price. Ended up getting it from the states.

Bought Megaman The Wily Wars for the megadrive and also a offical megadrive joystick!

Very happy with both!

Master of the Universe

Warren3 wrote: »
    Bought Megaman The Wily Wars for the megadrive and also a offical megadrive joystick!

Very happy with both!

Megaman The Wily Wars??!!!

That's one of my Holy Grails. Been searching for a copy for a very long time.

You lucky lucky lucky man.

• Advertisement

It was not cheap either ( 70 euro ) but in amazing condition.

An excellent addition to the collection though.......

Also got a game gear/ master system adaptor today for 2 euro...........BARGIN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement