Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I have officially moved back to Dublin yay.

Ilyana, get yourself some tiger balm for the mozzie bites. Great stuff.

I an now sleeping in a double bed, on my own for the first time in 2 years, weird!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Welcome!

I'll wave on my way past this evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Daisies wrote: »
    I have officially moved back to Dublin yay.

Ilyana, get yourself some tiger balm for the mozzie bites. Great stuff.

I an now sleeping in a double bed, on my own for the first time in 2 years, weird!

Thanks Daisies, I shall have a look for some next time I'm in town. And I hope Dublin treats you well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Holy mother of cramps, batman! This calls for nutella and solpadine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

LenaClaire wrote: »
    I have stayed at hotels that had bidets, but I have never had the courage to try it :o

It is a must for me now (crohns disease) but so refreshing anyway. Abroad they provide separate towels for use with it, in hotels here they tend not to which is a bit yuk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

sullivlo wrote: »
    Welcome!

I'll wave on my way past this evening :)

You will probably pass me as I walk home. Still another hour until I can escape!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There is a real grilled cheesus sandwich toaster in my room. Srsly. Look.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Payday. Feels like all the money goes in and straight back out... travelcard and council tax before I even had my breakfast! :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Payday. Feels like all the money goes in and straight back out... travelcard and council tax before I even had my breakfast! :eek:

I booked a holiday on a whim... Whoops! Noodles be tasty this month :)

Where ya heading?

We're hoping to get something in late September/early October for my OH's 30th... got a great deal last year (5 days in Majorca for £140 each) and would love something similar to grab some late season sun!

We sorted our Christmas flights this month too, sneakily bought in July before the prices go through the roof! (that's a little hint to all the London-based loungers btw :pac: )

• Advertisement

I got paid holiday hours today, even though I never requested any. Kind of glad but I wanted to save them for something more meaningful than the bank holiday weekend!

In other news, I'd like a new dress for said weekend. And I wonder where my money goes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You're lucky if your pay got into your account this morning, supposedly lots of people didn't today! Eep!

You're lucky if your pay got into your account this morning, supposedly lots of people didn't today! Eep!

There are times when not living in Ireland and not having to deal with numpties like BOI has its perks :)

Food in the canteen in work today absolutely fcuking inedible, tasted like my chicken was literally nothing but fat. Pain in the arse having to first taste that crap and then have to go buy another lunch elsewhere. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There are times when not living in Ireland and not having to deal with numpties like BOI has its perks :)
    Took me bloody forever for them to close my account and send me my savings, they really did not want to let me go. Two registered letters went missing, supposedly!
    I find it much easier dealing with the bank over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have the concentration capacity of a particularly scatty gnat this week. And boss back on Monday. Eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭fits

Took me bloody forever for them to close my account and send me my savings, they really did not want to let me go. Two registered letters went missing, supposedly!
    I find it much easier dealing with the bank over here.
    really? I have always found the ok to deal with. Ulster bank on the other hand...

the bank in Finland seems a lot better though. Much easier to manage your money online.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Poor me, I'm on call for the whole weekend.. Bank Holiday weekends are always awful. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Got an offer for college this morning, and passed my theory test last week with full marks.

Things are picking up and moving forward :)

Vayda wrote: »
    Got an offer for college this morning, and passed my theory test last week with full marks.

Things are picking up and moving forward :)

Yeay!

Also, your username reminds me of one of my favourite movies - my girl! Great show. No Thomas J. Stay away from the bees! Gets me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

sullivlo wrote: »
    Yeay!

Also, your username reminds me of one of my favourite movies - my girl! Great show. No Thomas J. Stay away from the bees! Gets me every time.

Great movie! It's a heartbreaker, alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Got to do my first proper sample test today! fingers crossed it all works out ok and I don't have to raise any OOS's or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'm on hols ladies!

Well, I'm in London for a few days, but that's the most holiday imma get this year!

*waves at London loungers*

Rainbow Kirby, RANDOM but is it possible that I saw you walking along High Holborn yesterday evening?? After work-ish time...

Nope. Went Old Street - Archway - home - Gospel Oak - Parliament Hill Lido yesterday after work. Nowhere near High Holborn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Nope. Went Old Street - Archway - home - Gospel Oak - Parliament Hill Lido yesterday after work. Nowhere near High Holborn!

Lol, twas a long shot!!

I have visions of IWMD wandering around London, running up to random women saying "Are you RK?" and then running away again.

That makes me smile on a Friday :):):)

And a banker of a weekend too! It's gonna be GREAT!

I'm off this weekend, which never usually happens.

I'm going to drink all the wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We're getting a new kitty tonight :) Well, we're only minding her for 3 weeks while her owners are away. It'll be interesting to see how our other two take it...! Planning to keep them separate initially and gradually introduce them to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dolbert wrote: »
    We're getting a new kitty tonight :) Well, we're only minding her for 3 weeks while her owners are away. It'll be interesting to see how our other two take it...! Planning to keep them separate initially and gradually introduce them to each other.

Awwww! I want another kitty but I'm not sure how it would go down with the current one. She's a bit... erm... territorial... :cool:

Hope it goes well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Awwww! I want another kitty but I'm not sure how it would go down with the current one. She's a bit... erm... territorial... :cool:

Hope it goes well! :)

Thanks! Looking forward to playing with a new kitty :) She's an indoor cat so she's never been outside, we might initially feed her and put her to bed separately in case of fireworks. Ours go out during the day so she'll have the run of the house most of the time. Be graaand, says I hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

:) it's Friday
    :( I'm working tomorrow
    :) it's not as long as day as usual

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement