Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camping at Oxegen

• 11-05-2005 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to get camping only tickets for Oxegen, or how hard is it to get into the campsite if you don't have a camping ticket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

you want to camp at oxegen and not go see any bands? :confused:

well, yeah you can buy a wristband for camping only for €10 from what i remember. you will not get into the site without it.

hopefully pitching in to get a van myself and just stay in the car park. no filth and a bbq in the morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭cullenswood

karlh wrote:

well, yeah you can buy a wristband for camping only for €10 from what i remember. you will not get into the site without it.
    Where would I go about getting one of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

if you dont have a camping ticket u wont get in they check every1

you can get the wristband for the site when you pick up the one for the gig. everyone presents their ticket at a booth and gets a band. think you can just pay €10 there and get a camping one.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

karlh wrote:
    you want to camp at oxegen and not go see any bands? :confused:

hopefully pitching in to get a van myself and just stay in the car park. no filth and a bbq in the morning ;)

Do you know of a good place to rent a van / campervan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭cullenswood

karlh wrote:
    you can get the wristband for the site when you pick up the one for the gig. everyone presents their ticket at a booth and gets a band. think you can just pay €10 there and get a camping one.

Is there anyway you can get one without having a ticket for the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Is there anyway you can get one without having a ticket for the gig?
    lol, I thought that might be what you're looking for - I'm guessing the short answer is no unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

If you had 2 mates with camping passes, would it not be possible to get one of them to meet you outside with both armbands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Well, last year in the rush to hand out arm bands they just took tickets and handed out bands, no checking. About 10 of my friends got in no problem throughout the day. It's a risk though but I wouldnt think it too hard to be honest with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

I really hope not because it would invite crime into the campsite if people could get in for a tenner without having a ticket and just hang around while everyone else goes to the gigs.

I guess I'll have to invest in a few beartraps.

• Advertisement

you need a ticket to get into the campsite but you can buy camping if you only have a day ticket is what i meant.

agree with the crime thing. you piss on my van and ill bate ya cullens! :)

munky, not sure bout renting. we just got a big transit van with matress and a disco ball in the back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

karlh wrote:
    ah man then you'll miss the magic,
    the campsite makes the weekend. so many mental people all in the one spot... its fantastic :cool:

i camped every year for the last 4 and its the exact reason why i'm not this year.

'mental people' pissing on my tent and turning a field into landfill never added to the enjoyment for me.

god i'm getting old.

karlh wrote:
    god i'm getting old.
    yes indeed you are.

im not disputing that it can be bad especially the fallout from the portaloos and some dude ****ting in a tent next to my mates tent then using the owners toilet paper to wipe his own arse and throw it around the place but

**** it im not that old yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I have only ever heard scare stories from camping in oxgen. Is it really as bad as one hears?

neah its not that bad you have the odd* isolated incidents but i mean theirs thousands of people their bad **** is bound to happen

i meet so many sound people every year and have such a good time in the campsite

last year for instance they had a massive cinema screen up in the campsite on the friday and they had shawshank redemption the blues brothers the matrix and ghost busters and you could just lay out on the grass watchin them with ur mates and a few cans no security just a relaxed atmosphere

if you camp with enough people you know make a little village for yourself with all the entrances facing the centre if its big enough noone will come and bother you

i remember sunday night of witness two years ago i went on a walk about and ended up in a human pyramid with a bunch of lads from donegal and drinkin for the rest of the night withem

met some dude in the dance tent from the north somewhere who sorted me out with free drink cause he was workin for carlsberg he set up this party in the carpark

and a load of other things happened that i cant remember but it was all good

Advertisement