Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creative Writing Blog thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Merged blog threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

hcass wrote: »
    I know, I know, I really have to get my finger out and start posting again. I've been so very lazy lately. I think it's a bit of a crash after finishing Uni and spending the last month constantly writing to get work done. I am going to start back asap. Thanks for the tips!

That's where the inspiration part comes in. Then you can't stop posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

This is my Facebook Page:-

Lorna Peel

It has links to my Twitter and my blog and info on my novel, which will be published as an e-book next year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

That's where the inspiration part comes in. Then you can't stop posting!

Tell me more about these word strings? How do I increase my chances of being "googled" as such?

I just updated my blog and I am hoping to dedicate a bit more time to it now. How is everyone else getting on? How do you get people to look at your blog? Do you advertise yourself a lot or what? Or is it like me on a hope and a prayer? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

hcass wrote: »
    Tell me more about these word strings? How do I increase my chances of being "googled" as such?

I just updated my blog and I am hoping to dedicate a bit more time to it now. How is everyone else getting on? How do you get people to look at your blog? Do you advertise yourself a lot or what? Or is it like me on a hope and a prayer? :D

Hi hcass,

I read your latest story and again, it was very good. It reminded me of the old days . . . 4 a penny sweets and flavoured sugar powder filled UFOs that I munched on till the weekly allowance ran out . . . and those jaw aches from cardboard Bazooka Joe gum inside the football card packages. And you also reminded me of my Cousin, Deirdre. One time, she blew up an airbed because she had to sleep on it when we were visiting (in Belfast.) All of a sudden, the bed assigment changed and her sister was now going to sleep on it instead. She pulled the plug on the airbed while saying: "you're not going to sleep on my breath!"

Word strings? I meant you have to post voraciously . . . every day . . and with direction. Say enough words and someone will be searching for that string you said.

And content is critical. I just erased a whole lot of information to help you, but I would have been sent back to Prison again, so down the memory hole it went. Prison here is like being in the Turkish prison in that movie, Midnight Express, except the living conditions were worse . . . solitary confide-ment. And I just loooove to talk!

We can give you a mission if you like apolitics. Google the Fál Ulaidh Party. Do what you are doing now, except you are now undercover for us. You need to find the crackpot professionals that are going to flay the FF, FG, SF and Labour parties. You only know what they stand for . . . Meritocracy. But who are these people? Please try to find them, will you? We can help.

People will read it every day. And you will virtually go back to Ireland like you want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaneScott

Anyone into it, i just posted five new ones.
    www.acreativewritingblog.blogspot.ie
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aniejomes

I also want to start a blog of mine. But i don't have enough ideas regarding , what i can start my posts. Can anybody suggest any blog idea. I would rather thinking of starting a blog , where everybody contributes with their posts on some educational and innovative current thing. wotsay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

aniejomes wrote: »
    I also want to start a blog of mine. But i don't have enough ideas regarding , what i can start my posts. Can anybody suggest any blog idea. I would rather thinking of starting a blog , where everybody contributes with their posts on some educational and innovative current thing. wotsay!

Why do you want to blog if you have nothing to say?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Antilles wrote: »
    Why do you want to blog if you have nothing to say?

I think that question should be asked of a lot of people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hi,
    Here's my Dads blog. He updates semi-regularly, both poems and stories, as well as some general writing and discussion. I think having a few more visitors would give him the kick he needs to write more often, so feel free to have a read and comment with any tips and suggestions!

http://jcstorylibrary.blogspot.ie/

Thanks.

• Advertisement

You may have forgotten the link

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Hello everyone,

Here is a link to my blog if you`d like to have a look.
    http://brianlighthouse.wordpress.com/

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

blogify.org

My blog is not exactly the norm.

I'm a programmer and the concept of blogging has always been interesting but I wanted to make my own platform for the practice, and sure while I was at it, I decided to allow user accounts to post their own blogs up too.

At the mo there is myself and about 5 regular posters to the site, and anyone who wishes to add their blog is more than welcome to do so.

let me know what you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dizzyblond

I normally write (blog) about beauty, but I want to start being more flexible.
    I wrote this piece about men in advertising, Let me know what you think
    http://notjustontheinside.blogspot.ie/2012/08/sex-sells-and-im-glad-its-men-doing.html

Merged with existing blog thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I must admit to smiling as I read that. Good for you Dizzyblond

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gryphonboy

I don't have enough posts yet to share my blog but I thought I'd give a shout out to some of the blogs that I've seen on here so far. I was already following one or two of them and now I've added a few more. Keep blogging folks.
    I'll be back when I'm up to 25 to share my own :-)

If you can't wait just google 'gryphonboy'. You'll find it. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gryphonboy

Finally managed to get the 25 posts so here's my blog...cos y'know...I'm shameless and will plug this poop till I die.
    http://gryphonboy.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I started a blog over two weeks ago. Its called, "Feck This Sh1t I'm Outta Here - The Ramblings Of An Irish Manboy On His Journey Across The Globe (although it's an 'i' instead of a '1' in 'sh1t' but my word is very bold an unacceptable for boards)

It's a humerous travel blog about navigating the globe in a different sort of manner. I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone that's interested. I've written over 90,000 words so far and I'll be uploading a post from that 90,000 each day.

http://tinyurl.com/cmwf4wo

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I started a blog over two weeks ago. Its called, "Feck This Sh1t I'm Outta Here - The Ramblings Of An Irish Manboy On His Journey Across The Globe (although it's an 'i' instead of a '1' in 'sh1t' but my word is very bold an unacceptable for boards)

It's a humerous travel blog about navigating the globe in a different sort of manner. I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone that's interested. I've written over 90,000 words so far and I'll be uploading a post from that 90,000 each day.

http://tinyurl.com/cmwf4wo
    Reads well, in a Mad Max kind of way. Just two observations.

You need to break it up more, both your paragraphs and your long sentences.

And is snook a word?

• Advertisement

Yeah I see what you mean about the paragraphs. I put loads in but the theme I chose has a funny way of displaying them. When I try to create a paragraph, it only barely indents making it quite unnoticeable but I think I might be able to add a ..... in between each paragraph which would break it up more visibly.

Nope snook isn't a word, woops. I'll edit that, cheers.

'Snuck' is a word, in American English at least.

8 new wazzers on the blemmer
    http://acreativewritingblog.blogspot.ie/
    :D

I'm delirious, please excuse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Some of you may remember my old blog, which was something of an open diary. I've decided to hide that one and reintroduce myself with a new blog for 2013. It will probably end up reading quite like the old one, but with names and other identifying information being kept out.

The goal is to update it every day in a similar fashion to my 6 months of poetry blogging in spring/summer 2012. The first article is up now. I'll probably be updating the blog around this time every night, so it could be a good one for the nocturnal readers among you.

"Most Of The Days - a new blog for 2013"

IO.

http://acreativewritingblog.blogspot.com/

8 new ones, plenny more bein' werked on. Couple new things tried, let me know what you think. :)

Another 4 there.
    i'd love some opinions, good or bad really, just to see if i've grown at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Updated with some musings, and a poem:
    http://jcstorylibrary.blogspot.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ScriptedAlibi

I've spent the morning going through your blogs and I wanted to say thank you for posting, I really enjoyed reading them and especially the open diary...I do something like that myself but I keep that one strictly anon; I think it's amazing you are so open with yours.

I've always loved writing and it's helped me through some really tough times. This is my blog, [REDACTED] it might not be something you all can relate to and to be honest there's a whole pile of crap scattered through it...but I think there are some decent lines here and there. It's really just somewhere for me to go to get outside of my own head, even for a little while. I'm a little anxious about posting it as I've kept it anonymous given the content, but I figure no-one knows me here really so there's no harm. Although please don't quote the link as I may change my mind later and delete this if I get too worried about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

Just started a blog a few day ago. Not sure how it loIka or if it's any good but i thought I'd put it here anyhoo. Thanks if anyone reads it by the way haha.
    http://johnnybonbonblog.blogspot.com/

Advertisement