Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro St Brigids 5k Dublin city centre - March 18

• 21-02-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

Last year's thread
    Race website
    race profile

Fast and flat 5k through the streets of Dublin, starting and finishing at the Mansion House. Who else is in?

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 20 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    85%
    Andrew 83DigiJempansopheliaOldBlokeTimmaayGrahamThomasclaralaradrquirkyCapricaracheljevBungy GirlRayCunMarthastewLaHainebike2wkrRunOnMTTruman Burbank 17 votes
    3 stars (average)
    5%
    gnu 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    10%
    vinny1313devotional1993 2 votes
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

4 stars (good)
    Im in. Did it last year and its a great run (I'm not as fast as everyone else here but still aiming to beat last years time of 30.15)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

did it last year, great race indeed, well organised. Alas, with Barcelona Marathon the following week I will give it a miss this yr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I hope to be in for this. Doing the Blackppol marathon the week before but hope to be fully recovered and finally get the sub 19 monkey off my back.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm in - 22:xx would be savage but I'll be happy with any PB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

4 stars (good)
    I'm defo in! Have big 5k race demons to lay to rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Did it the last 3 years but taking a break from doing it this year but a cracking event in the city centre. Well worth it.

In related news, anyone see anything about the 'Samsung run Dublin in the dark 10k' that was in the MetroHerald yesterday? Can't find anything when i Googled it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    samsung night run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'll be doing this also, great course and one of the few times that I know I gave it everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Woddle wrote: »
    I'll be doing this also, great course.

Looking back on it, it was a lovely course. I was asked afterwards what the route was and all I could remember was the Peppercanister church, the canal and the National Concert hall, but not what order we ran past them. It was a tough 23.38 minutes.

Cant wait to do it again !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Never worth a trip up from Tipperary or is it???

Flat and fast means i could get my seasons best 5k in early,not many flat 5k's down here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Did this last year, but alas I will be in Mallow getting ready for the 10 miler when this is on.

Have entered the night run tho - sounds good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Was supposed to do this last year but didn't. Might give it a go this year, as long as I'm not in PW (personal worst) shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

claralara wrote: »
    I'm defo in! Have big 50k race demons to lay to rest!

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I'll have a go at that. Anyone want to pass as my wife and kids to avail of the family discount? :D

4 stars (good)
    Aimman wrote: »
    I'll have a go at that. Anyone want to pass as my wife and kids to avail of the family discount? :D

Well now that we're such a progressive and open-minded country, having legislated for same-sex civil partnerships, how about you take Digdig as your lawfully partnered and then myself and one of the other young saplings on here can pretend to be the kiddies. Although in typical Irish style, we have not provided for same-sex adoption so I don't know how we would, in fact, get over that hurdle. Leave it with me… All in the name of discounted entry fees! ;)

4 stars (good)
    belcarra wrote: »
    FYP.

Haha. Do you think you can ever put 50k demons to rest? There's only so much time you can take off 24 minutes and 18 seconds such that you have to be happy, at some forseeable point, with a result. The damage you could do to 4 hours, 37 minutes and 23 seconds on the other hand, is endless. (Well, in theory…!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Well now that we're such a progressive and open-minded country, having legislated for same-sex civil partnerships, how about you take Digdig as your lawfully partnered and then myself and one of the other young saplings on here can pretend to be the kiddies. Although in typical Irish style, we have not provided for same-sex adoption so I don't know how we would, in fact, get over that hurdle. Leave it with me… All in the name of discounted entry fees! ;)

Well he's old enough to be your Dad anyway already :D:p:pac:

4 stars (good)
    Well he's old enough to be your Dad anyway already :D:p:pac:

And Brian took the bait of the cheap laugh instead of recognising the witty undertone of the comment which I put forward at my own expense! So much to learn young skywalker. You may be the second sapling!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Haha. Do you think you can ever put 50k demons to rest? There's only so much time you can take off 24 minutes and 18 seconds such that you have to be happy, at some forseeable point, with a result. The damage you could do to 4 hours, 37 minutes and 23 seconds on the other hand, is endless. (Well, in theory…!!)

The honeymoon period is over...It's been 4 days now and everyone wants to know when is the grudge match between yourself and RacoonQueen happening?
    Sky Sports are gonna be all over this!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

alas, with the GAA finals and the 6 nations match against england being on the day before I doubt I'll be in any state to do this run this year!

Did it last year and really enjoyed it, suppose it will depend if I'm hungover or still drunk as to whether I'll do it or not :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mike.l

Thinking of entering this with my wife, noticed a family ticket is 30 euro as opposed to 2 adult entries totalling 40 euro. can we avail of the family ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

mike.l wrote: »
    Thinking of entering this with my wife, noticed a family ticket is 30 euro as opposed to 2 adult entries totalling 40 euro. can we avail of the family ticket?

Yes, my OH, Raycun emailed them & yes you can, but only on the day, family entry can not be purchased online.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Yes, my OH, Raycun emailed them & yes you can, but only on the day, family entry can not be purchased online.

Feck - I registered myself and my OH online already. It's his first ever race. I ran this last year and wasn't happy with my performance so I'm looking forward to coming back this year and giving it a lash!

runrabbit wrote: »
    Feck - I registered myself and my OH online already. It's his first ever race. I ran this last year and wasn't happy with my performance so I'm looking forward to coming back this year and giving it a lash!

Ditto, I got a cramp at about 800m last & dragged myself around in a heap of stitchy agony :mad: Can only get better this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

4 stars (good)
    Thinking of entering but wondering is it very congested or does it have PB potential (assuming one is in PB shape :o?). Anyone know if there are pens for the various time categories or is it a free for all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Thinking of entering but wondering is it very congested or does it have PB potential (assuming one is in PB shape :o?). Anyone know if there are pens for the various time categories or is it a free for all ?

The elites were roped off last year, but other than that a free for all. RAL3 and I were standing a couple of rows back from the elites last year when a bunch of schoolkids hopped in beside/in front of us :rolleyes:
    But it thins out soon enough, the streets are fairly wide, and it's very flat with not a lot of sharp turns, so definite PB potential.

For after race refueling

from facebook - Carluccio's page

ME
    Any chance of a special deal for participants?
    http://www.msbac.ie/news/club-news/66-st-patricks-festival-5k-2012.html
    Like · · Yesterday at 12:41pm

Carluccio's Caffe Dawson Street likes this.
    Carluccio's Caffe Dawson Street Hi D, that's going to be a busy day for us but maybe we can something...
    Yesterday at 6:13pm · Like
    ME: Double discount for mums racing :D
    Yesterday at 6:14pm · Like
    Carluccio's Caffe Dawson Street yikes ! we did a thing for ladies proposing yesterday (leap year) and a few guys were put out!
    Yesterday at 6:24pm · Like
    Carluccio's Caffe Dawson Street how does a free dessert after your main course for anyone who finished the race sound?
    Yesterday at 6:25pm · Like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Bungy Girl wrote: »

I reckon I could be on for this being a PW for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Looking forward to this. Done it last year and it was my first race, so will be interesting to see the improvement over 12 months. Although, done very little speed work in the last few months.

Also have a big contingent of C25K from the club doing it. It's been the target race of their training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mike.l

antomagoo wrote: »
    Looking forward to this.

Looking forward too....... Id say there is a good buzz around the city for this one and their website says record entries levels already,

Bring it on!!

Advertisement