Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Horizon and Time Capsule

• 19-01-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Is it possible to disable horizon wifi and run Time Capsule via a horizon output ie. ethernet cable ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Sure, Its a two step process.

First opt out of horizon wi-free via MyUPC ( you have to opt in to opt out apparently, although I haven't doen this myself). The Horizon box wont let you disable 2.4 ghz wifi with wifree enabled.

Once you opt out of horizon wifeee you log into the horizon router admin page http://192.168.192.1 admin/admin and under the wireless tab disable the 2.4 gigs wifi.

all that said there isn't all thet much reason to diable the horizon wifi as the time capsule will run a different ssid and just make sure its on a non-overlapping 2.4 channel to the horizon box. the main strength of the tiem capsule is the 5 ghz range including ac on the newer models which should be uncongested.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Hiya,
    Thanks for the info.

The TC is 5yr old, would it be 5ghz?
    I use the TC for wifi extended with x 3 airports.
    TC also used as back up to MBP.

ps. already signed on to sign off UPC WiFree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

yea, It does simultaneous dual band from 2nd gen 1009 ish onwards so unless its first generation you're grand.

Advertisement