Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

awec wrote: »
    Possibly. I reckon it'd be him or Cave.

Payne is the best 15 we have but not the best 13. If he wants to play 13 he needs to prove that he's good enough. So far he hasn't.

This Payne stuff has been a long con to get Bowe, Trimble and Cave of you. :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Hogg thing could still be nonsense though!

We really have a wealth of talent in the back line, it's a shame that we aren't churning out the forwards that we need.

It'd be nice if we could get a coach who knew how to use our back line as well, our nice offloading game has all but disappeared. Did I say Anscombe out?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I could envisage DOCII going to Ulster if there's a space there. He's out of contract in summer 2015 and realistically he's not going to make it at Munster with POM being captain and top class and Stander really emerging in the last few months.

Quotes from Ferris' reps: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/27501387

Reading between the lines and aside from the danger of an enforced retirement, I don't think there is a contract extension on the table from the IRFU.

Time to write a letter to Mourad whose club successfully got Rocky and Juan Smith back playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Successfully got Rocky playing? Did I miss that? I thought he didn't pass his medical or something?

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Successfully got Rocky playing? Did I miss that? I thought he didn't pass his medical or something?

I don't know about the medical, he did fail one months before he eventually joined, but he played!

The Hogg rumour is that he's apparently going to be on 180k a year (if it's all true).

Bargain surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

The Hogg rumour is that he's apparently going to be on 180k a year (if it's all true).

Bargain surely?

Sterling?

Bargain surely?

Probably more than what he gets in Scotland, sadly.

£180,000 / €220,000 a year isn't too bad, it's hardly a bargain though for a player who is a regular Scottish international. Plus Hogg only turns 22 in July. For the most part you get paid more according to your experience/age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Just reading PR it seems he is on 90k at Glasgow which seems a pretty paltry sum for such a talent. That said he probably signed that a year or two ago when he was only 19.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm sure he must get appearance fees for Scotland on top of that?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'm sure he must get appearance fees for Scotland on top of that?

More than likely. But now he'll still get those appearance fees and possibly twice the base amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I hope Nucifora is doing his bit to get Cave down where he belongs. In civilised D4 society playing for a side who will appreciate him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I hope Nucifora is doing his bit to get Cave down where he belongs. In civilised D4 society playing for a side who will appreciate him!

We do appreciate him, its the bloody coach who doesnt, or maybe its the IRFU!

Give us Ryan and McLaughlin added to the signing of Hogg we will give you Payne.

Deal or no deal.

As an Ulster fan I say deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

bilston wrote: »
    We do appreciate him, its the bloody coach who doesnt, or maybe its the IRFU!

Give us Ryan and McLaughlin added to the signing of Hogg we will give you Payne.

Deal or no deal.

As an Ulster fan I say deal.

surely a good moment for an "Ulster says Yes"?

I'd want Ryan plus one of Leinster's NIQ spots in exchange for Payne.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I don't think you can trade NIQ spots!

We'll give you Leo Auva'a and a bowl of peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Ryan for Cave.

Deals all round.

• Advertisement

Jack McGrath for Darren Cave and Callum Black.

Ryan and Locky for Payne and Diack. ;)

Tox56 wrote: »
    I don't think you can trade NIQ spots!

Grand.

We need a backup 7, so you can have Payne and we'll take O'Brien.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Me for Olding.

You're onto a winner with that one Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Gotitgotitneedit

So.

The word I have now is Hogg in.....

...and nobody out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Would seem like rather silly use of a NIQ spot, especially one that doesn't give international cover, considering how good Ulsters backline is, doubt Gilroy will be too happy with it either, as he may have got gametime at 15 if Payne moves to 13.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

So.

...and nobody out.

Desperate to win the B&I cup next year? Cause a lot of good backs will end up there...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Desperate to win the B&I cup next year? Cause a lot of good backs will end up there...

We need backs on the bench Podge. Our depth has been pretty poor in recent times, this would certainly fix that from a backs point of view.

• Advertisement

So.

...and nobody out.

Stop Hogging all the players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement