Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

from Kerry GAA website:

Good news for Kerry Supporters is that there is a “substantial” second allocation of Tickets on the way on Monday– clubs have already been notified – Kerry County Committee are very confident that the Ticket supply will then meet the demand – the allocation will then be in excess of the 2011 allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

What way will Sheehan be for the final lads will he be fully fit if so will he start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

What way will Sheehan be for the final lads will he be fully fit if so will he start?

I don't think fitness will be an issue as much as form.

Be very surprised if he were to start given the quality of his performances this year compared to Moran, Maher and Buckley - the fact that he was given less time in the replay (coming on as last sub in extra-time) than in the first Mayo match says it all about his current state in the pecking order imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,768 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No chance Sheehan will start at MF, be surprised if he ousts Buckley either.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

keane2097 wrote: »
    No chance Sheehan will start at MF, be surprised if he ousts Buckley either.

Agree don't think he'll get in in midfield. Ahead of Buckley would be his only hope but that would be harsh on Buckley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

The more I think about it the more I think Donaghy should start.

It leaves Donegal with a dilemma, whether they should double mark O'Donaghue, Donaghy or both. If they double mark both then I'd have both players out in the corners with Paul Geaney in Full Forward. Geaney is excellent in the air, and 1-on-1 with space could cause Donegal serious trouble. Moving O'Doanghue and Donaghy out would be taking 4 Donegal men out of the centre of the field giving Geaney space.

It would also lead to more space out around the 45m line, with extra men needed inside to mark Kerry's danger men, the likes of Buckley and Moran would have space to shoot from out wide.

If they decide to go man to man on one of JOD or Donaghy, then that man should be the focal point of our attack all day. Both have great strengths, and we should have 2 totally different game plans to suit either form of attack.

Midfield is going to be crucial. Moran and Maher have stood up well so far this yer when needed, but Galagher is a far better midfielder then either O'Shea in terms of being a pure midfielder. He wont break forward like MDMA or Aidan O'Shea, but he will field anything that goes into his area. I'd have Maher shadow him all game and keep all our kickouts away from him.

We cannot let Donegal kill our supply of ball to the forwards like they did against Dublin. Our forwards are going to have to make runs all day into space, to give our kickers options, and not resort to kicking aimless ball towards Donaghy like we have done in previous seasons. They are going to try and punch everything that comes in high so good diagonal ball to Donaghy is essential.

Both benches are strong with McBrearty, Toye, Darrach O'Connor for Donegal and D'O'Sullivan (x2), Enright/Young (whoever doesn't start) Griffin, Sheehan, Lyne, Kilkenny being effective for Kerry already this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭wonga77

Donegal wont be as naive as Mayo when it comes to marking Donaghy though, id be a tiny bit worried about his temperament if he's getting a hard time of it off the ball, not saying that Donegal would ever do that of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the nerves are setting in only just reading this......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

the nerves are setting in only just reading this......:o

I'm in an awful state the last few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

wonga77 wrote: »
    Donegal wont be as naive as Mayo when it comes to marking Donaghy though, id be a tiny bit worried about his temperament if he's getting a hard time of it off the ball, not saying that Donegal would ever do that of course ;)

Yes it was amazing the last time we played them in the championship that 2 of our players suffered identical calf injuries during the game - accidental kicks the calf in both cases:rolleyes:

Two hour All Ireland Final special on tonight on channel 191 on Sky,I think its going to be live from Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Two hour All Ireland Final special on tonight on channel 191 on Sky,I think its going to be live from Killarney.

Makes Up For The Match look like Spartacus!

Oh God they unleashed the lad from the X Factor

Oh God they unleashed the lad from the X Factor

Well he is Eoin Brosnan's cousin.

how is the tickets situation down home, have clubs handed them out yet and if so, are people being looked after?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

wonga77 wrote: »

Neither will they be naive in dealing with the off-the -ball thuggery that Kerry deployed against Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

Good luck to Kerry team and supporters on Sunday.

Like a lot of Mayo fans, I have mellowed since the semi final, and what's done is done. However there's no point putting in a great performance against Mayo if you don't go on and complete the job on Sunday. Mayo fans know too well that getting to finals is one thing, finishing the job is a major step up. Kerry will have to play the perfect game to beat Donegal or near to it, but if anyone can win against the odds its Kerry. It might be a year early in terms of winning an AI, but win, lose or draw the experience will be invaluable.

A Mayo v Kerry final in 2015? Wouldn't that be something. Not even sure it's possible the way the draw will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Neither will they be naive in dealing with the off-the -ball thuggery that Kerry deployed against Mayo.

James, sorry you didn't get Mayo to the promised land..but it's time you got over it and moved on...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

James, sorry you didn't get Mayo to the promised land..but it's time you got over it and moved on...

Thuggery is not in the sport. I wonder what your attitude will be when/if next Sunday's officials spot that carry-on coming from Kerry;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Thuggery is not in the sport.
    Well Kerry are the most cynical and filthiest team to ever handpass a football since Adam shouldered Eve in the back while contesting a dropping apple in the Garden of Eden.

[/sarcasm]

realweirdo wrote: »
    A Mayo v Kerry final in 2015? Wouldn't that be
    something. Not even sure it's possible the way the draw will be.

Is definitely possible next year as it won't be Munster Connacht on the same side of the draw again.

Anyone know if its Munster Ulster or Munster Leinster next year or has it been decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Thuggery is not in the sport. I wonder what your attitude will be when/if next Sunday's officials spot that carry-on coming from Kerry;)

Thuggery? Like this kind of carry on is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBnWAMf5DNQ

ill just leave some of these here with you
    image.jpg
    ker2.jpg
    Kerry1.jpg
    inph39681.jpg

and dont forget Mayos finest fans.....
    inpho_00841423.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOQRfIPEVxFC93OuTyWgRvFmmNMp20furZmMowH__G1AwaymTw

and here is my favourite one, poor little Cillian O Connor

BwTzT-sIEAEEXfT.png

Mayo have this opinion of themselves that they are the good guys of football, its f*cking pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Is definitely possible next year as it won't be Munster Connacht on the same side of the draw again.

Anyone know if its Munster Ulster or Munster Leinster next year or has it been decided?

It's Munster Ulster next year (a chance for Kerry to get revenge after this year :p)

Really poor form of Aidan O'Shea not to buy Maher flowers or dinner or even a drink, before going so far.

http://fat.gfycat.com/AnxiousDisgustingBlackpanther.webm

Poor Anthony can't even concentrate on the final as he's too busy waiting for the phone to ring.

We have better things to be talking about than engaging with the few remaining bitter people who won't have moved on by xmas time lads!

We have better things to be talking about than engaging with the few remaining bitter people who won't have moved on by xmas time lads!

exactly...

and ive still got no bloody ticket :(

exactly...

and ive still got no bloody ticket :(

I'll keep an ear out on your behalf. I wouldn't worry if I were you anyway.

• Advertisement

I'll keep an ear out on your behalf. I wouldn't worry if I were you anyway.

normally get them off the club at home, but ive transferrerd up to Dublin in the last 2 years thus, have no membership there thus have no entitlement to tickets.

tickets from the Club in Dublin went to officers and ive no problem with that, they put in the work that keeps the club going for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement