Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Episode 5x04 - Sons of the Harpy - Have *NOT* read the books [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 04-05-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Well, picked up the pace a bit.

Think Ser Barristan has bit the dust but think that Grey Worm will survive.

Worried for Jaime - he obviously can't fight very well anymore. Can't see him getting away with it.

Meryn Trant heading for Braavos - isn't that where Arya is? Think it was definitely implied that Tyrell wouldn't make it back alive but think Arya might finally knock someone off her list....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

I was cutting onions during this scene:

tumblr_nnlb0s3Ee01qi2twuo8_250.giftumblr_nnlb0s3Ee01qi2twuo4_250.giftumblr_nnlb0s3Ee01qi2twuo6_250.giftumblr_nnlb0s3Ee01qi2twuo3_r1_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stannis is a big softie at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Has Bran's story been completely dropped or will he come back when least expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

paulie21 wrote: »
    Has Bran's story been completely dropped or will he come back when least expected?
    His story has been dropped for this season but his back story, and the potential of where his story could go, would suggest to me that we haven't seen the last of him. Plus his story had caught up with the books so perhaps the author didn't want to give away Brans future storyline.
    Spoilers in case people don't want to know whether we'll see Bran or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Have to hand it to John Snow, he has more willpower than I would have in the same situation to say no when it's offered on a plate!

Hope Ser Barristan survives but it doesn't look good for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I think Barristan will be just about alright, other wise he would have had his throat cut.
    Same goes for Grey Worm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

They humanised Stannis.

He's screwed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Yeah I think Barriston will be grand. There were too many times where it looked like he should have been killed but wasn't. GoT style would be more inclined to lure us into a false sense of security then cut his throat right at the end.

The ambiguity seems a little pointless to me if he actually was killed.

Plus, he's a ****ing legend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The episode started off slow but picked up towards the end. Have to say Bronn is still a legend. The scene on the beach where
    he hacks down the rider and horse, turns to Jaime and says "he slow enough"
    . Classic.

Cersai is going off the rails big time though. She might as well just sit on the throne and drop all pretenses.

Few things i'm wondering.

Will Tommen make it to the end of the season?
    Will Margery be "The" Queen?
    Will Jorah get back in with Dany considering the above bombshell?
    Considering the sneak peek are we going
    to see Dany unleash the dragons
    ?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Having binge-watched the first few seasons and thoroughly enjoying them, I gotta say this season is really dragging on. Anybody else finding things dreadfully slow-moving? And everything seems repetetive even when it's new. Another scene with Danaerys on the throne. Oberyn's wife/gf and her friends with bad accents. The fight scene near the end. I feel like I've seen it all before! It was great to see Petyr and Sansa's storyline progressing. And Cersei is always great. Maybe I just need to accept that this is going to be a very slow moving season...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You're not on your own. I resisted the temptation to watch the episodes when they were leaked, i also don't download. I wait for them on the TV and avoid any mention o any forum about them.

Seems kinda wasted. Not to be too harsh, but it is terribly slow. I'm not expecting epic fight scenes or masses of CGI, but for the first time since i started watching i find myself wondering what just happened in a scene and having to rewind to catch it.

Although it is GoT so the moment you relax is when they hit ya.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

People I've had to deleted three separate posts about upcoming episode spoilers; the charter is very clear on the topic:

- If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
    - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)

Any more discussion without spoiler tags and without explaining what the spoiler tag is about (without giving it away) will be met with cards and potentially bans.

This is the only warning I'll give on the subject.

//MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

The scene introducing the Sand Snakes seemed very clunky and not consistent with the production values evident in all other scenes. It was like 'grab a gazebo from the camping shop and head off to Dollymount and shoot it on your phone'. And they 'just happened' to capture and interrogate the ship's Captain ?

I also thought the scene with Daenerys and Ser Barristan, was, in retrospect, setting him up for his demise. Also, are the repeated references to greyscale a sort of Chekov's Gun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

TarfHead wrote: »
    And they 'just happened' to capture and interrogate the ship's Captain ?

Obara said the Captain came to her with the information that he dropped Jaime Lannister off.

Something he briefly regreted doing I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

TarfHead wrote: »
    The scene introducing the Sand Snakes seemed very clunky and not consistent with the production values evident in all other scenes. It was like 'grab a gazebo from the camping shop and head off to Dollymount and shoot it on your phone'.

Yup! I felt like I was watching Xena, not that I ever watched Xena. The acting was atrocious, especially from the new girl who gave a big spiel about what a warrior she was. It made me want to turn the programme off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mormegil wrote: »
    Obara said the Captain came to her with the information that he dropped Jaime Lannister off.

Something he briefly regreted doing I'm sure.
    Bronn was lecturing Jaime on the stupidity of relying on the fact he'd paid the captain well to buy his silence a scene or two prior to that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

Barriston what a let down supposed to be a great Knight and at his moment to show us all how good he goes and gets himself killed toooo sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

crestglan wrote: »
    Barriston what a let down supposed to be a great Knight and at his moment to show us all how good he goes and gets himself killed toooo sad

He did a decent job in fairness. Thats part of what GoT is about though, people get old, weaker and unable to keep up with the world. Theres no happy ever after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

More talk of Greyscale in this episode- guessing someone going to catch it?
    Plus im guessing the Red Woman wants another shadow baby

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Thanks Mormegil for directing me here, I stupidly lingered on previous episode thread. Sooooo, will Sansa give Littlefinger the ride at some stage what do ye reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

He did a decent job in fairness. Thats part of what GoT is about though, people get old, weaker and unable to keep up with the world. Theres no happy ever after.

Ser Barriston had a good go, it's the Unsullied I'd be worried about, getting killed by hookers and walking into ambushes where the get slaughtered. Danaerys must be glad she didn't pay asking price for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭xper

J. Marston wrote: »
    Stannis is a big softie at heart.
    When he hesitated when his daughter put her arms around him, I found myself shouting "Give her a hug, ye prick" at the TV.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Sleepy wrote: »
    Bronn was lecturing Jaime on the stupidity of relying on the fact he'd paid the captain well to buy his silence a scene or two prior to that too.

I would have hoped Jamie would not be that naive to be honest, always thought him to be more shrewd than that.

Barriston, what a legend. He kicked some serious ass before being overpowered. I don't think he is dead, because if he was going to be killed off we would have had another eye gouging / head crushing style scenario. As it stands, Barriston has escaped lightly...relative to others anyway!

Advertisement