Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human remains found in Dublin Mountains

• 09-01-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0109/remains.html

A forensic examination will take place later on skeletal human remains found by hill walkers in the Dublin Mountains yesterday.
    The discovery was made by two people out hill walking at around midday.
    The skeletal remains were found in a shallow grave beside an uprooted tree in a forest near Military Road.
    No clothes or any other recognisable items were found at the scene, but further searches will be carried out throughout the day.
    Gardaí will not be sure of either the sex or the identity until DNA, bone structure, dental records and other tests have been carried out.
    The State Pathologist and a forensic anthropologist are expected to begin their examinations later today.
    The remains of victims of violence have previously been found in the Dublin Mountains.

A tense time for families with missing loved ones... I wonder could there finally be a breakthrough in the search for those women who mysteriously disappeared during the 90's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

A shallow grave. How desperately sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Great film tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Kristian Miniature Corner

A shallow grave. How desperately sad.

I was thinking the same thing.. And what a way for nature to give up its terrible secret's.

Please God it brings someone some closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Can only presume its one of 'the missing women'.
    Hope they can eventually find out who the hell it was that took them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

*BREAKING NEWS*

Larry Murphy does a runner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Larry Murphy does a runner

Hope he washed it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,044 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nidge might have got his comeuppance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

possibly one of the missing women from the mid ninteties, philip cairns remains ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ah this thread is no fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What the hell do hill Walkers be doing that they find skeletal remains in a shallow grave :confused:

I'd imagine a hill walker to be hill walking, not shallow grave digging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

I was thinking the same thing.. And what a way for nature to give up its terrible secret's.

Please God it brings someone some closure.

Don't be sad Kristian Miniature Corner, it might be a foreigner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Kristian Miniature Corner

ro_chez wrote: »
    Don't be sad Makikomi, it might be a foreigner!

I'm guessing that's some kinda of joke or dig at me?.

If it is a dig at me there are other places to do it and not here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Ghandee wrote: »
    What the hell do hill Walkers be doing that they find skeletal remains in a shallow grave :confused:

Well, it's not hard to find them really.

They'd be tripping over them daily in both the Dublin and Wicklow mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ghandee wrote: »

According to RTE the grave was beside an uprooted tree... So it's possible a tree blew down during the recent storms and uncovered the remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,044 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm guessing that's some kinda of joke or dig at me?.

If it is a dig at me there are other places to do it and not here.

I think you need to use some of this http://getwhoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/logo_whitebkd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭claire983

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Can only presume its one of 'the missing women'.
    Hope they can eventually find out who the hell it was that took them all.

On the news it's stating that it's the remains of a woman, dead about 2-3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

This must be a tense time for those with missing loved ones. At least this person may finally get a decent burial. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I always thought they should put CCTV on all the roads heading towards the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. Would this be totally unfeasible?
    Surely if someone goes missing from around the Dublin area cars driving up to the mountains in the middle of the night are worth having the driver interviewed:confused:

I always thought they should put CCTV on all the roads heading towards the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. Would this be totally unfeasible?
    Surely if someone goes missing from around the Dublin area cars driving up to the mountains in the middle of the night are worth having the driver interviewed:confused:

Definitely. There had to be a serial killer on the loose like, all those poor women. I dunno whether it's creepier that it may have been Larry Murphy and he can't be tied to the crimes or that there might be someone else out there walking the streets who may never get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

RIP and I hope forensics nail the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sounds suspicious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Probably alot more bodies hidden there. Seems to be a dumping ground for em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

if it is one of the 'missing women' then hopefully forensics might lead them to larry murphy or whoever else the gardai suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

claire983 wrote: »
    On the news it's stating that it's the remains of a woman, dead about 2-3 years
    if it is one of the 'missing women' then hopefully forensics might lead them to larry murphy or whoever else the gardai suspect
    Doesn't look to be anything to do with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I hope it isnt me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

RichieC wrote: »
    I hope it isnt me...

nah richie you'll be hacked up and fed to the pigs. Burying you in a shallow grave is too good for ya ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I wonder if anything will ever come of the suspicions that a serial killer(s) was operating in the area. People don't disappear. I strongly suspect that a lot of them end up in shallow graves like this tragic case.

I wonder if anything will ever come of the suspicions that a serial killer(s) was operating in the area.

I think there's definitely truth to the rumours. I mean, somewhere as small as Ireland there's no way all these missing people were taken by different nutjobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭kirving

I'd like to know where it was found exactly. I cycle up that direction a bit, off the beaten track sometimes, you never know at you might come across.

Advertisement