Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung appointed TV repair place in Sligo area?

• 07-06-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hello - messing around with service menu on my 6 month old Samsung smart TV late last night, wasnt watching what i was doing and have bricked the TV:(, only the logo samsung starts up when TV starts up and shuts off and cycles on and off and can no longer get into service menu to change things back. - Have set aside today to try all different things to try and get service menu back but if the case all I do that nothing works I think I am gonna have to call out repair man to reprogramme the eeeprom chip and get TV working again. Anyone know of a Samsung approved TV repair bloke in the Sligo area that can do that? at a reasonable price? - have tried ringing samsung tech support for details an engineer in sligo but after getting through the automated press this and that button on the phone to get through to so and so and waiting 10 minutes for phone to be answered by a customer service team person i hung up and thought I would ask on here. Thanks, Andy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

try this with the remote control (one with the buttons on it - can't use phone or touch control)

Hit the buttons in this order but do it quickly

Info -> menu -> mute -> power

This will get you into the service menu and allow you do a factory reset

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

try this with the remote control (one with the buttons on it - can't use phone or touch control)

Hit the buttons in this order but do it quickly

Info -> menu -> mute -> power

This will get you into the service menu and allow you do a factory reset

Thanks thats the sequence I used originally to get into the service menu last night, and changed the model number of the set. Now I cant even get the service menu back up now by pressing Info -> menu -> mute -> power :(

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

months old? Surely under guarantee. TMULL

tmull wrote: »
    months old? Surely under guarantee. TMULL

Yeah but theyd know that u went into service menu and that will surely have voided any warranty.

I manage to repair it in the end myself - took off back of TV and shorted out the pins on the eeeprom chip and cleared the NVram and then I managed to get into the service mode again after clearing the nvram and reset the settings. - Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement