Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

eternal wrote: »
    Nobody is replying only the insanely good looking ones. Why is that, no answer from the regular blokes

- might not be attracted to you.

- might not have common interests.

- depends on the message you sent them.

Good luck tomorrow Dovies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Have a second date lined up for this weekend and possibly another before then.

I can taste the desperation in the air coming up on Valentines day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

c - 13 wrote: »
    Have a second date lined up for this weekend and possibly another before then.

I've seen that mentioned here before. Do you think that is why many girls would say yes to a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Larianne wrote: »
    I've seen that mentioned here before. Do you think that is why many girls would say yes to a date?

I wouldnt but Im sure lots would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

panda100 wrote: »
    Yipee,I have a date for Friday from okcupid!First date in a while so bit nervous.Finally,a small glimpse of hope for some action.Its been over a year since I've kissed anyone,and I think I will explode If I dont get some actionsoon!!Fingers crossed for Friday :)

I can just picture the poor guy trying to be a gentleman and only give you a peck on the cheek at the end of the night only to have you grab his head for a proper smooch. :pac:

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maguined wrote: »
    I can just picture the poor guy trying to be a gentleman and only give you a peck on the cheek at the end of the night only to have you grab his head for a proper smooch. :pac:

Good luck!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Larianne wrote: »

I'm sure some would same as some guys would. I've been talking to these two with a while now though so doubt it to be fair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

c - 13 wrote: »

No pressure then... just have the choc's, card & bunch of flowers ready ;)
    If that was me, I'd put off meeting them till the 15th to save the worrying :D

Enjoy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

How are you faring out with yer man SV?

It's going great so far, we've met up a couple of times a week for the past few weeks and he's an absolute gent.

I don't want to jinx it, but I'm enjoying how it's progressing :)

I really like how everyone here encourages and look out for each other, a proper little dating community.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I really like how everyone here encourages and look out for each other, a proper little dating community.

I just like fairy tales.

:o

• Advertisement

It's going great so far, we've met up a couple of times a week for the past few weeks and he's an absolute gent.

I don't want to jinx it, but I'm enjoying how it's progressing :)

You know it's a great thread when your index finger is stuck on the 'Thanks'. :) Also, among the reasons I may have decided to try dating is just so I wouldn't feel creepy when lurking on here. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    You know it's a great thread when your index finger is stuck on the 'Thanks'. :) Also, among the reasons I may have decided to try dating is just so I wouldn't feel creepy when lurking on here. :o

We don't judge ;)
    I've been online dating for a while, but for various reasons I haven't actually gone on a date in a few months :(
    hopefully my luck will change... I still quote the crazies messages for entertainment value...we've realised how many guys copy & paste these mad messages, we don't feel as special then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've gotten chatting to one or two nice ladies and I'm really taken aback when they say how normal I am. Seemingly the sheer amount of complete weirdo's and nutjobs on the various sites is astronomical. Some of the stories I've heard back are nuts.

Might be the reasoning behind a lot of the profiles appearing stand-offish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

saw a profile that had three girls in it that were all pretty good looking, thought ah why bother...

then she viewed me so sent a message!

got the reply & she was the hottest of the 3!

hopefully replies again now ive often got the single reply from hot girls only to never hear from them again.

would like to go on a date again soon, haven't been on an online date in ages!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

to be fair i sent very average guys messages, they should have replied. I think its cos im not looking for sex, thats obvious from my profile. Although i didnt say much in it, just the basic. Maybe its cos im a dangerous psycho.

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

to be fair i sent very average guys messages, they should have replied. I think its cos im not looking for sex, thats obvious from my profile. Although i didnt say much in it, just the basic. Maybe its cos im a dangerous psycho.

Really.

Really??????

:rolleyes:

Well love if thats the kind of attitude you have then Im not surprised you arent getting replies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just saw some woman on POF with a topless pic as their profile pic.

Doubt it's their's though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

KTRIC wrote: »
    I've gotten chatting to one or two nice ladies and I'm really taken aback when they say how normal I am. Seemingly the sheer amount of complete weirdo's and nutjobs on the various sites is astronomical. Some of the stories I've heard back are nuts.
    I've been on dating sites for two years now, and haven't come across any 'wierdo's' or 'nutjobs'. I think it takes a certain type of person to attract and even entertain these people to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Just saw some woman on POF with a topless pic as their profile pic.

Doubt it's their's though. :pac:

Ah, you found me! :o

i answer all messages its rude not to. YES they should have replied. Its ignorant not to. Thats 14 people who ignored me, height of ignorance.

i worded myself wrong earlier, like they are average as in normal so should be down to earth i meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i answer all messages its rude not to. YES they should have replied. Its ignorant not to. Thats 14 people who ignored me, height of ignorance.

Not this age old debate! It is not the height of ignorance if they choose not to reply! They could be spending their time messaging people they are interested in then writing a thanks but no thanks reply which you will then think badly of them for as if you are not good enough or some lark.
    Som will write the thanks but no thanks, others will not. It's online dating it can be cruel sometimes.

Being average or down to earth still dosnt mean they will reply of they are not interested.
    Also, they could be MIA and possibly not being ignorant. Depends how long it was since you sent the messages.

They viewed my profile but did not reply. I reply to everyone, its nice to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What site are you using? Are you sure these people are online/have been online in awhile?

Why are you unhappy guys you deem less attractive than you are not replying to you and guys who you deem to be hot are?

I know how you feel in terms of feeling crap to get no replies but this is how most women are on these sites (maybe guys too I dunno). But what kinda messages are you sending?

What was it about these under attractive guys that made you want to message them?

I won't attack you for viewing yourself as good looking, instead I'll take your word and ask... are your pictures professional looking? The guys might think you are a fake profile.

Also if its overly dolled up that might seem like a turn off. I pretty much never message any girl with pics of her done up to the max with fake this and that at some night club.

Or lastly , whatever way you worded your profile may cause you to come across like a b1tch.

I've come across a few profiles with what seemed like a really cute naturally good looking girl with a nice smile. Then read her profile and can tell she's full of herself. Massive turn off.

What kinda guy are you looking to attract?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

They viewed my profile but did not reply. I reply to everyone, its nice to be nice.

They probably viewed, read, what the read wasn't their cup of tea and decided to move onto the next message.
    Just because you reply to be nice dosnt mean everyone has to. Some people could get a lot of messages and only respond to people they want to as its too time consuming for them to write the no thanks messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Some people just don't have the time. And I've gotten abuse and pestered for sending a polite no thanks. I'm sure some guys have had the same experience.

• Advertisement

Happens to the best of us I would think and yes, it's nice to be nice but replying to people you're not interested in is just dragging out an already awkward situation IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement