Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another Ryanair Issue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

I've come back to Paris on a return flight from Rome Ciampino (by EasyJet) it was small but everything was OK - there's a coach service to get there that leaves from just next to the Termini mainline station and it wasn't too expensive. We reserved in advance I seem to remember.
    http://www.ciampino-airport.info/
    I've found the buslink from Rome -
    http://www.terravision.eu/rome_ciampino.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sean.casaidhe

Going back to the original issues, as a frequent Ryanair flyer I have these tips;

1. buy a hard-shell polycarbonate case. that way, you are always within the limits not matter how stuffed your case is. I've frequently seen people with maybe shampoo bottles or shoes stuffed into the case, distorting the fabric and making it too big to fit.
    2. Wear an outdoors jacket and stuff your pockets. You'll be surprised at how much you can get in your pockets - shoes, cameras, toiletries... and up to now, there's no rules about having most of your luggage in your pockets as opposed to in the case. Especially the heavy things like shoes.
    3. Always expect a harder time coming back. Most Ryanair desks abroad are staffed by local ground-handling staff who are pissed with Ryanair and take that out on the passengers. So extra vigilant dimension and weight checks, etc. etc.

And finally, the best seat for the sole traveller is 2 rows from the back on the right hand side. The overhead bin is exactly big enough for 1 case (because the rest of the space is used up with emergency gear 'n' stuff). So no struggling to get your case out from under other peoples coats, bags and junk, and you're close to the toilet and the exit for when you land.

anyway, my €0.02

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

With Ryanair you know what you get, would you want a cheaper flight if it costs cheaper and then how different would it be to the firm that you would choose instead. All the other companies are now copying Ryanair so all i say is keep on the cheap flights.

As for the airports being out of the city a bit of research on the net means you can get a bus/ train into the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

Steven81 wrote: »
    With Ryanair you know what you get, would you want a cheaper flight if it costs cheaper and then how different would it be to the firm that you would choose instead. All the other companies are now copying Ryanair so all i say is keep on the cheap flights.

As for the airports being out of the city a bit of research on the net means you can get a bus/ train into the city

They take pride in being unhelpful. I was charged for forgetting to print a boarding pass. It's fine if you turn up to an Aer Lingus flight without one, and I don't take any of that "staff time costs" BS, they can have self check-in terminals.

I was also almost charged for being over the bagage allowance with my hand luggage. I was 200g over but the jackass at stansted wouldn't tell me until I demanded to know. I then took a calculator out of the bag and put it in my pocket and everything was ok. Any other airline wouldn't have wasted staff time making me do that, and if they did they certainly wouldn't have tried to charge me over 200g without suggesting I remove something.

You have to count the cost of getting to the town or city. If you're going to pay £30 on a train ticket, your cheap flight is not that cheap.

Before anyone says you should read the terms and conditions, I don't enjoy studying pages upon pages of terms and conditions to book a cheap flight and therefore as long as there are other airlines where I can trust everything will be ok as long as I behave semi-reasonably, I will vote with my feet. I cannot recommend BMI highly enough for anyone wanting Dublin-London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Steven81 wrote: »
    With Ryanair you know what you get

^ this

I don't fly with Ryanair but if I did, I wouldn't have any right to complain. You get what you pay for and, with Ryanair, you're paying very little and treated accordingly. Suck it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

They take pride in being unhelpful. I was charged for forgetting to print a boarding pass. It's fine if you turn up to an Aer Lingus flight without one, and I don't take any of that "staff time costs" BS, they can have self check-in terminals.

I was also almost charged for being over the bagage allowance with my hand luggage. I was 200g over but the jackass at stansted wouldn't tell me until I demanded to know. I then took a calculator out of the bag and put it in my pocket and everything was ok. Any other airline wouldn't have wasted staff time making me do that, and if they did they certainly wouldn't have tried to charge me over 200g without suggesting I remove something.

You have to count the cost of getting to the town or city. If you're going to pay £30 on a train ticket, your cheap flight is not that cheap.

Before anyone says you should read the terms and conditions, I don't enjoy studying pages upon pages of terms and conditions to book a cheap flight and therefore as long as there are other airlines where I can trust everything will be ok as long as I behave semi-reasonably, I will vote with my feet. I cannot recommend BMI highly enough for anyone wanting Dublin-London.[/Quote]

You break the rules you pay the price. The weight restrictions and replacement boarding pass costs are well known and not buried in terms and conditions. Its fairly simple. As mentioned factor in the cost of transfer and book accordingly, its takes next to no time to check transfer prices and more times than not its still cheaper with Ryanair. No frills, abide by the rules and happy days, don't..get your wallet out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

I cannot recommend BMI highly enough for anyone wanting Dublin-London.

^ this also

You break the rules you pay the price. The weight restrictions and replacement boarding pass costs are well known and not buried in terms and conditions. Its fairly simple. As mentioned factor in the cost of transfer and book accordingly, its takes next to no time to check transfer prices and more times than not its still cheaper with Ryanair. No frills, abide by the rules and happy days, don't..get your wallet out!

I think you've missed the whole point of my post. It's not a choice between abiding by the rules or getting your wallet out. There is option number three - find a different airline, many of which are as cheap but better.

Why are you so obedient? For every unnecessary rule customers accept, they will introduce another one. Vote with your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 poiuytsam

have travelled with ryanair on many occassions , once the engines keep going I am generally happy , Ryanair are a cheap airline and I mean that in every sense of the word , other airlines have cheap prices ! but are not cheap airlines !

I remember superquinns slogan , you'll come for the prices and stay for the service !!

Ryanair " you'll come for the prices , and cant wait to get off !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

If you want to be treated like a VIP and given the some leeway on charges, Ryanair is not for you. If you want to get from a to b cheap then Ryanair is. Some people hate them, some people love them. I love them. 2c return flights to Gatwick meant it was far cheaper for me to go over in person to deliver a package then get it couriered. Show me another airline that have done 1c flights. And don't go on about its not cheap when you add fees. The only amount that came off my card was 2c.

I personally like the obscure airports. Makes the hole experience less stressful in my opinion. Coming home from Munich. Got a bus for €5 to Memmingen Airport and it was just the 6 of us on it. Slept the entire way, got to the airport, no queues for anything. After 5 minutes of arriving we were in a coffee shop overlooking the gate. Was brilliant.

Yes some staff are going to be obnoxious, tired and rude. When you have 9,000 people, some of whom will be treated badly by customers, there are going to be some who are rude back. I have normally found Ryanair staff grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I think you've missed the whole point of my post. It's not a choice between abiding by the rules or getting your wallet out. There is option number three - find a different airline, many of which are as cheap but better.

Why are you so obedient? For every unnecessary rule customers accept, they will introduce another one. Vote with your feet.

Some of us like Ryanair because of the restrictions. As a frequent flyer I know what to do, as does everybody on the morning flights I use. Never seen anybody fined though they measure. So boarding is fast. Everybody has their passes. Everybody has their printouts. Nobody is taking the piss with hand luggage which is really hold luggage. We get on. We get off. Takes minutes.

Meanwhile the other airlines seem to be full of panicking non-travellers. Possibly because those airlines are better for family groups because if the fewer restrictions.

Some of us like Ryanair because of the restrictions. As a frequent flyer I know what to do, as does everybody on the morning flights I use. Never seen anybody fined though they measure. So boarding is fast. Everybody has their passes. Everybody has their printouts. Nobody is taking the piss with hand luggage which is really hold luggage. We get on. We get off. Takes minutes.

Meanwhile the other airlines seem to be full of panicking non-travellers. Possibly because those airlines are better for family groups because if the fewer restrictions.

Well I'm a frequent flyer too, and as someone who uses multiple airlines, I have no intention of reading and memorizing T & C's for all of them. Are you joking about never seeing anyone fined? Everytime I fly I see someone have some problem. If you like your airline, fine, stick with it. My point is merely that the argument that you must take nasty service if you want a cheap flight doesn't stack up anymore because there are other arilines that are just as cheap but are more pleasant to fly with. Ryanair were useful for what they did originally i.e. dirve prices down with other airlines. But that time has passed and they are no longer ahead of the curve as you can now get a low price plus good service elsewhere.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    If you want to be treated like a VIP and given the some leeway on charges, Ryanair is not for you. If you want to get from a to b cheap then Ryanair is. Some people hate them, some people love them. I love them. 2c return flights to Gatwick meant it was far cheaper for me to go over in person to deliver a package then get it couriered. Show me another airline that have done 1c flights. And don't go on about its not cheap when you add fees. The only amount that came off my card was 2c.

I personally like the obscure airports. Makes the hole experience less stressful in my opinion. Coming home from Munich. Got a bus for €5 to Memmingen Airport and it was just the 6 of us on it. Slept the entire way, got to the airport, no queues for anything. After 5 minutes of arriving we were in a coffee shop overlooking the gate. Was brilliant.

Yes some staff are going to be obnoxious, tired and rude. When you have 9,000 people, some of whom will be treated badly by customers, there are going to be some who are rude back. I have normally found Ryanair staff grand.

If you like obscure airports and are free to travel at times when you can get 2c flights, good luck to you, but you are in the minority. I've never found a 2c flight at a time I wanted to fly and I've never wanted a commute from an airport to a city that was long enough to sleep on. Not saying I never did it, but I didn't enjoy it. As for rude staff, "they're tired" is BS. I've had numerous jobs where if I was rude, I'd have been sacked.

Well I'm a frequent flyer too, and as someone who uses multiple airlines, I have no intention of reading and memorizing T & C's for all of them.

Not exactly rocket science memorizing terms and conditions.

Ryanair confirmation email

2nd Line IN ORDER TO TRAVEL YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK-IN ONLINE

Then under the itinerary

Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptops, shop purchases, camera etc. must be carried within your permitted 1 piece of cabin baggage). Extra/oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of Euro/GBP 50. If you are unsure if your cabin bag complies then check at the Bag Drop desk before passing through airport security.

Takes a full 20 seconds to read and memorize.

I actually find Ryanair the best for ease of finding out their fees. 1 page for everything. Just see that Aer Lingus have improved their page too which is good. It used to be a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Well I'm a frequent flyer too, and as someone who uses multiple airlines, I have no intention of reading and memorizing T & C's for all of them. Are you joking about never seeing anyone fined? Everytime I fly I see someone have some problem. If you like your airline, fine, stick with it. My point is merely that the argument that you must take nasty service if you want a cheap flight doesn't stack up anymore because there are other arilines that are just as cheap but are more pleasant to fly with. Ryanair were useful for what they did originally i.e. dirve prices down with other airlines. But that time has passed and they are no longer ahead of the curve as you can now get a low price plus good service elsewhere.

You're a frequent flyer who said you didn't bring a boarding pass printout? To me that's like forgetting a passport. I don't find Ryanair less pleasant to fly with because it filters out the kinda people who turn up unprepared or are taking the piss with luggage sizes And they use modern planes. On the same route Aer Limgus has a propellor plane . My commute, or travel to the UK is 45 minutes. I can minimise the door to door time with good practice at security ( Dublin T1 is much improved) and priority boarding.

I have never seen any luggage refused, not because it isn't tested but because the 6 am flights I generally take are businessmen, or returning emigrants and all have done this before. At every airport there are gaggles of people looking around bemused, mostly for EasyJet.

aer Lingus is 2nd best.

If you like obscure airports and are fee to travel at times when you can get 2c flights, good luck to you, but you are in the minority. I've never found a 2c flight at a time I wanted to fly and I've never wanted a commute from an airport to a city that was long enough to sleep on. Not saying I never did it, but I didn't enjoy it.

It was Gatwick which was 30 mins by train. All flights were 2c for the day. Think I left 9ish and came back at 2. Also had flights booked at 5 and 9 in the evening in case I got delayed

The bus I took was an hour which really isn't that long at all.

Not exactly rocket science memorizing terms and conditions.

Ryanair confirmation email

2nd Line IN ORDER TO TRAVEL YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK-IN ONLINE

Then under the itinerary

Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptops, shop purchases, camera etc. must be carried within your permitted 1 piece of cabin baggage). Extra/oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of Euro/GBP 50. If you are unsure if your cabin bag complies then check at the Bag Drop desk before passing through airport security.

Takes a full 20 seconds to read and memorize.

I actually find Ryanair the best for ease of finding out their fees. 1 page for everything. Just see that Aer Lingus have improved their page too which is good. It used to be a nightmare.

The booking confirmation is not the entire terms and conditions.
    For their general terms and conditions of carriage, I'm getting a 14298 word count.

How many of these have you memorized in your 20 seconds, bearing in mind they can sting you on anything?

· ARTICLE 1 - DEFINITIONS
    · ARTICLE 2 - APPLICABILITY, CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION
    o 2.1 GENERAL
    o 2.2 OVERRIDING LAW
    o 2.3 TERMS & CONDITIONS PREVAIL OVER REGULATIONS
    o 2.4 GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
    · ARTICLE 3 - RESERVATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION
    o 3.1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
    o 3.2 OUR NAME AND ADDRESS
    o 3.3 CONTACT
    o 3.4 PERSONAL DATA
    · ARTICLE 4 - FARES, TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES
    o 4.1 FARES
    o 4.2 TAXES, FEES & CHARGES
    o 4.3 CURRENCY
    o 4.4 VALUE ADDED TAX (‘VAT’)
    · ARTICLE 5 - SPECIAL ASSISTANCE
    · ARTICLE 6 - CHECK-IN, BOARDING & SEATING
    · ARTICLE 7 - REFUSAL OF CARRIAGE
    · ARTICLE 8 - BAGGAGE
    o 8.1 BAGGAGE
    o 8.2 EXCESS BAGGAGE AND CARRIAGE OF CERTAIN ITEMS
    o 8.3 ITEMS UNACCEPTABLE AS BAGGAGE
    o 8.4 RIGHT TO REFUSE CARRIAGE
    o 8.5 RIGHT OF SEARCH
    o 8.6 CHECKED BAGGAGE
    o 8.7 UNCHECKED BAGGAGE
    o 8.8 COLLECTION AND DELIVERY OF CHECKED BAGGAGE
    o 8.9 ANIMALS, CARGO AND HUMAN ASHES
    o 8.10 PROHIBITED ARTICLES
    · ARTICLE 9 - SCHEDULES, CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS AND DIVERSIONS
    o 9.1 SCHEDULES
    o 9.2 CANCELLATION AND DELAYS
    o 9.3 DIVERSIONS
    o 9.4 DENIED BOARDING COMPENSATION
    · ARTICLE 10 - REFUNDS
    o 10.1 NON-REFUNDABILITY
    o 10.2 INVOLUNTARY REFUNDS
    o 10.3 BEREAVEMENTS
    · ARTICLE 11 - CONDUCT ABOARD AIRCRAFT
    o 11.1 GENERAL
    o 11.2 ELECTRONIC DEVICES
    · ARTICLE 12 - ADDITIONAL SERVICES
    · ARTICLE 13 - ADMINISTRATIVE FORMALITIES
    o 13.1 GENERAL
    o 13.2 TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
    o 13.3 REFUSAL OF ENTRY
    o 13.4 PASSENGER RESPONSIBLE FOR FINES, DETENTION COSTS, ETC.
    o 13.5 CUSTOMS INSPECTION
    o 13.6 SECURITY INSPECTION
    · ARTICLE 14 - LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE
    · ARTICLE 15 - TIME LIMITATION ON CLAIMS AND ACTIONS
    o 15.1 NOTICE OF CLAIMS
    o 15.2 LIMITATION OF ACTIONS
    · ARTICLE 16 - CARRIER’S REGULATIONS
    · ARTICLE 17 - POINT-TO-POINT AIRLINE
    · ARTICLE 18 - CASH/CREDIT/DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS
    · ARTICLE 19 - INTERPRETATION
    · APPENDICES
    · RYANAIR REGULATIONS ON SPECIFIC SUBJECTS
    o TABLE OF OPTIONAL FEES
    o AIR CARRIER LIABILITY FOR PASSENGERS AND THEIR BAGGAGE
    o TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION
    o CHECKED BAGGAGE
    o CABIN BAGGAGE
    o CHILDREN, INFANTS & YOUNG PERSONS
    o REDUCED MOBILITY, BLIND/VISION IMPAIRED PASSENGERS, MEDICAL CONDITIONS OR PASSENGERS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE IN THE AIRPORT
    o INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND SKIN CONDITIONS
    o PREGNANCY
    o FLIGHT AND NAME CHANGES
    o PRIORITY BOARDING
    o RESERVED SEATING
    o ATOL INFORMATION
    o AIR CARRIER INFORMATION

Of course all airlines have lengthy terms and conditions. The point is, you don't have to worry about them as much with the others, whether we should admit that or not.

You're a frequent flyer who said you didn't bring a boarding pass printout? To me that's like forgetting a passport. I don't find Ryanair less pleasant to fly with because it filters out the kinda people who turn up unprepared or are taking the piss with luggage sizes And they use modern planes. On the same route Aer Limgus has a propellor plane . My commute, or travel to the UK is 45 minutes. I can minimise the door to door time with good practice at security ( Dublin T1 is much improved) and priority boarding.

I have never seen any luggage refused, not because it isn't tested but because the 6 am flights I generally take are businessmen, or returning emigrants and all have done this before. At every airport there are gaggles of people looking around bemused, mostly for EasyJet.

aer Lingus is 2nd best.

Yes, because I'd previously been using proper airlines who don't begrudge you the price of a piece of paper and do it for you. Stop trying to imply that I'm someone whose "bemused" at airports in an attempt to undermine what I say. You know nothing about me. In fact I've travelled round the world on my own.

secretambition, With the greatest of respect, if you travel Ryanair and don't know you have to check in online and have limited baggage you must be living under a rock.

Yes the Ryanair and all airlines T&Cs are long. But really theres not much you need to know thats not common sense. Maybe the baggage allowance everything else you should expect.

I would be a frequent enough traveller and have never had any issues with airlines. I would always check baggage restrictions and online check in and then everything fine.

Only issue I have every had when travelling was EI nearly leaving me stranded in JFK when I was 17 and travelling on my own. There staff had fecked off home early and I needed to pick up my boarding card in JFK coming off a jet blue flight. Thankfully the security staff were sound and organised someone to go to the gate to get an agent to print off my pass for me. This would never have happened if I was able to check in online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

They're all scam artists. Funny to see obedient joe public always jump to their defence - "well did you read the regulations" when in fact their modus operandi is to extract as much as they can from the consumer.

There were several reports carried in msm that hand luggage checkers at the check-in desks were bigger than at the departure gates- thus luring passengers into the belief that their luggage size was compliant before hitting them with a punitive fine This is just one article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1310456/Budget-airline-overcharges-hand-luggage-years.html) . Another scam they had was that the luggage rack checker was curved at the departure gate which took several centimeters off the allowable dimensions (those outside were not curved once again luring passengers into the false belief they were compliant). These passengers desperate to board their departing planes paid out massive fines, often more than the cost of their flight.

I wonder what other practices will emerge from these shoddy operators.

Yes, we're all grateful of the competition they brought to the market. That doesn't justify, in my opinion, trying to screw the customer at every turn though through unscrupulous business practices.

• Advertisement

Motorist wrote: »

I have read about that before but I have no evidence to support it. I wouldn't believe a think written in Daily mail. There the same crowd that go bananas every time a Ryanair plan does an emergency landing which is a very common occurance for all airlines. They also claim ryanair used duct tape to secure a flight deck window..

secretambition, With the greatest of respect, if you travel Ryanair and don't know you have to check in online and have limited baggage you must be living under a rock.

Yes the Ryanair and all airlines T&Cs are long. But really theres not much you need to know thats not common sense. Maybe the baggage allowance everything else you should expect.

I would be a frequent enough traveller and have never had any issues with airlines. I would always check baggage restrictions and online check in and then everything fine.

Only issue I have every had when travelling was EI nearly leaving me stranded in JFK when I was 17 and travelling on my own. There staff had fecked off home early and I needed to pick up my boarding card in JFK coming off a jet blue flight. Thankfully the security staff were sound and organised someone to go to the gate to get an agent to print off my pass for me. This would never have happened if I was able to check in online.

Actually I checked in online within the time window for that flight on my laptop. I didn't have a printer to hand. It wouldn't let me log back in later to print, which is a total scam. I could believe that they want to know the numbers coming a few hours before the flight, but they have no excuse for not letting someone who has already checked in print a boarding pass. It's just trickery.

You still have to read all the lengthy terms and conditions to discover what you need to know, even if it's ultimately a small amount.

You can still check in online with other airlines if you want. I often do.

Actually I checked in online within the time window for that flight on my laptop. I didn't have a printer to hand. It wouldn't let me log back in later to print, which is a total scam. I could believe that they want to know the numbers coming a few hours before the flight, but they have no excuse for not letting someone who has already checked in print a boarding pass. It's just trickery.

You still have to read it all to discover what you need to know, even if it's a small amount.

You can still check in online with other airlines if you want. I often do.

You can download the boarding pass as a PDF.

I know, and again I do too, but with EI & Jetblue I wasn't able to. They weren't even able to give me the boarding pass for the EI leg at the Jetblue desk in Orlando. EI was aware I was on the flight and without a boarding pass but still the staff fecked off home early.

I have read about that before but I have no evidence to support it. I wouldn't believe a think written in Daily mail. There the same crowd that go bananas every time a Ryanair plan does an emergency landing which is a very common occurance for all airlines. They also claim ryanair used duct tape to secure a flight deck window..

There was a full documentary on BBC about this - one of those watchdog programmes. They measured the racks down to the nearest picometer with laser technology and sure enough, found huge differences in the sizes of racks at the check-in area compared to the departure area. There was very obvious fraud going on. Years of customers complaining that their bag had fitted outside of the security area had brazenly been ignored.

Whatever your feelings about the Daily Mail (which in my opinion is a bit of a rag but nonetheless does some excellent investigative journalism), the BBC is a public service broadcaster of repute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/09/bmi_baggage_blunder.html

There was a full documentary on BBC about this - one of those watchdog programmes.

Thats all about BMIBaby not Ryanair. So fair enough about BMI Baby but I am not defending them.

I am defending Ryanair. The seems to be a general hatred towards Ryanair which I just cannot understand. You know what your getting with Ryanair, maybe its not for everybody but for a frequent flyer who knows what their doing its brilliant. Slightly off topic but Dublin Security should bring in Expert queues during peak times like in America. Basically, you get no assistance and they expect you to know what to do. Its brilliant, you fly though

Thats all about BMIBaby not Ryanair. So fair enough about BMI Baby but I am not defending them.

I am defending Ryanair. The seems to be a general hatred towards Ryanair which I just cannot understand. You know what your getting with Ryanair, maybe its not for everybody but for a frequent flyer who knows what their doing its brilliant. Slightly off topic but Dublin Security should bring in Expert queues during peak times like in America. Basically, you get no assistance and they expect you to know what to do. Its brilliant, you fly though

Many frequent flyers (like me) do not enjoy being treated like sh$t. I now know what to do with Ryanair. I will still never use them again if I can avoid it though.

Many frequent flyers (like me) do not enjoy being treated like sh$t. I now know what to do with Ryanair. I will still never use them again if I can avoid it though.

I have taken well over 100 flights in the last 5 years and have never experienced any rude Ryanair staff. I have experienced stupid rude passengers moaning because they cant put bags at their feet in emergency exit, can't sit in an emergency exit with infant on their lap, can't keep the spare seat beside them even though flight is sold out.

Every airline has bad staff, I experienced shocking treatment with US and EI but would fly with them again no problem.

I have taken well over 100 flights in the last 5 years and have never experienced any rude Ryanair staff. I have experienced stupid rude passengers moaning because they cant put bags at their feet in emergency exit, can't sit in an emergency exit with infant on their lap, can't keep the spare seat beside them even though flight is sold out.

Every airline has bad staff, I experienced shocking treatment with US and EI but would fly with them again no problem.

Never experienced rude Ryanair staff!? Here we have a classic case of Stockholm syndrome.

I do feel sorry for employees of Ryanair though. Who would like to work with an airline who has been known to hire private investigators to check on employees when they call in sick. Their philosophy is often to fire first, and then ask questions later. Employment tribunals do not bother a behemoth like them.

Never experienced rude Ryanair staff!? Here we have a classic case of Stockholm syndrome.

Sorry but have you been on the flights with me the entire time? Didn't think so. Honestly, I have never had any issues with Ryanair staff. I don't really need to interact with them much, just show them my boarding pass at gate, boarding pass when boarding and then maybe if I want to buy some food on the flight. I have never ever been treated badly at all. Normally get a smile when boarding but at the gate they're trying to get everyone through so no small talk or anything. In fact the nicest air host & Pilot I have ever met was on Ryanair.

Also, do you have any links about the private investigators. Wouldn't mind reading into that. I know a few Ryanair pilots who are more then happy in their jobs. Also I knew a guy who worked closely with Michael O'Leary and said he was one of the soundest guys going. If you play the Ryanair way hes happy and grand.

• Advertisement

I don't really need to interact with them much, just show them my boarding pass at gate, boarding pass when boarding and then maybe if I want to buy some food on the flight. I have never ever been treated badly at all. .

Food - that was another one. I ordered food near the start of an hour long flight. With 10 minutes to go, and no sign of it, I asked the air hostess how long it would be until landing? 10 MINUTES she snapped. I asked if in that case I could cancel the food because I wouldn't have time to eat it. I had to put the tray table up in 5 minutes, ffs. The answer was a firm NO!

*waits for someone to tell ime I expect to be treated like a VIP for not wanting to juggle handluggage a coffee and a panini on the long walk through a terminal building.*

Advertisement