Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bobby Kerr in Limerick

• 10-03-2011 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭

Just walking down the South Circular road there near Mary I this morning and met Bobby Kerr approaching in the opposite direction, I wonder is he down here scouting the place out to open an Insomnia coffee shop?

For those who dont know and are thinking "who?":

http://www.bobbykerr.com/

not the first time i met someone i recognised around there, i've also passed Tommy Tiernan going the wrong way down a one-way road on a mini chopper bicycle (i kid you not! the head on him like "ugh, people getting in my waaaay" :rolleyes:).

he was gone before i had the chance to jam a tree branch in the spokes on the front wheel of his bicycle just to see him do a front flip over the handlebars! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MissEmcee

Maybe he was just going to visit one of his siblings who live on that road.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I walked past Ray D'Arcy on Catherine Street years ago. Oh, and Dara O'Briain walked past my house to get to my local GAA club last year! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

xsiborg wrote: »
    Just walking down the South Circular road there near Mary I this morning and met Bobby Kerr approaching in the opposite direction, I wonder is he down here scouting the place out to open an Insomnia coffee shop?

For those who dont know and are thinking "who?":

http://www.bobbykerr.com/

God, I hope not, Id say limerick is flooded with coffee houses atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

now im reminded of it, couple of years ago i do remember Kian Egan from westlife, (oh stop it, only reason i knew of him was because of my sister-in-laws obsession! he was the blonde mushroom head!) walking down the street anyway and the only reason he drew my attention is because he thought it was ok to drop an empty budweiser bottle on the steps of a building on o connell street.

then i copped the little white guy surrounded by four big black burly bodyguards, all with sunglasses and tux's on, at ten o clock at night! i wouldnt have noticed him at all if he had just been on his own, but he stood out like a sore thumb surrounded by the oversize bodyguards that i had to leave the path to walk around them! it made my night laughing remembering it anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I met Tommy Teirnan in the Strand hotel before, just got out of the lift as i was getting in, first thought was ..was i at school with that guy he looks familiar !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I walked past Ray D'Arcy on Catherine Street years ago. Oh, and Dara O'Briain walked past my house to get to my local GAA club last year! :p

Given that he was engaged to Geri Maye, seeing him in Limerick on a regular basis back then was a pretty common occurrence.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kess73 wrote: »
    Given that he was engaged to Geri Maye, seeing him in Limerick on a regular basis back then was a pretty common occurrence.

Ah, that explains it! :) Mystery solved, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Phil Babb kicked the side of the cab i was in where the tsb was(now timberland).

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I saw Paul Galvin in River Island in the Crescent a few weeks back, thought he looked like a bum shoplifting he kept giving me funny looks. It was only a half hour later we passed him again and my OH said who he was. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Bobby Kerr was down doing the Grand opening of Peter Clohessys playground out next to his pub in Murroe. So was JP McManus.

Supposed to meet Bobby Kerr myself but I had to go to Galway for the rest of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Met Jordan in Russells bar one night years ago. Next day i heard she had done something very naughty in the Clarion hotel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Met Jordan in Russells bar one night years ago. Next day i heard she had done something very naughty in the Clarion hotel :D

I know of it, and she did indeed, the durty girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Berty wrote: »

Supposed to meet Bobby Kerr myself but I had to go to Galway for the rest of the week.

I'm sure he was gutted to have missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Berty was probably giving him advice on how to run his businesses. Berty.... the real Dragon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Berty wrote: »
    Bobby Kerr was down doing the Grand opening of Peter Clohessys playground out next to his pub in Murroe. So was JP McManus.

The opening of the playground with JP is actually this evening from 5:30, did not realise Bobby Kerr was there.

btw it's not Peter Clohessy's playground. Murroe community council got the money together through local fundraising and a grant from Ballyhoura developments.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

I saw Paulo Tulio in Killaloe a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Are you gonna share that story? Am I missing something?

Advertisement