Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Nexus one owners get Gingerbread OTA yet ?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭SmartFox

HTC fixed the N1 power button, but kindly flashed on an un-updatable eclair 2.1 developer firmware version of android. :mad:

Needless to say they have collected the N1 at their cost to reflash on Gingerbread 2.3.3...

Getting sick of Nokia brick stand-in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Just wondering who did you get in touch with re fixing your N1's power button?
    mine just died two days ago and am very annoyed, phone is not in Warrenty anymore but surely as this is an inherant problem with the N1 htc should fix it for free? could you let me know how you went about getting it repaired as when i rang htc support they said id have to pay for the repairs myself..

also since the Gingerbread update my music folders have been screwed up in the Stock player some of my albums have been broken up with separate tracks in an album now showing up as individual albums.. not good..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

JohnK wrote: »
    I dont know if its the same issue as what you're having but I'm finding that nearly everytime I unlock the screen its on 3G then after a second or two its jumping to wifi. I've never actually noticed that before though so I think its only since I got gingerbread.

I had to do a hard reset on my N1 the other night and i've noticed this too. Judging by the data usage on 3G Watchdog it's reverting to 3G when locked and only switches back to WiFi when opened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

SoulRock wrote: »
    also since the Gingerbread update my music folders have been screwed up in the Stock player some of my albums have been broken up with separate tracks in an album now showing up as individual albums.
    Same thing happened to a few of my albums in cubed³ music player. I deleted a couple of them, made sure all the track details were in order on my laptop and then reloaded them. That seemed to fix it for those particular albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭SmartFox

SoulRock wrote: »
    could you let me know how you went about getting it repaired as when i rang htc support they said id have to pay for the repairs myself..

Thanks

I just phoned HTC Europe in the UK and they offered to fix it for free, I just had to send it to them at my cost. They generated a repair spec sheet to send with the phone.

Probably best to phone again and have a rant! (Oh and make sure they keep you on 2.3.3!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

SmartFox wrote: »
    I just phoned HTC Europe in the UK and they offered to fix it for free, I just had to send it to them at my cost. They generated a repair spec sheet to send with the phone.

Probably best to phone again and have a rant! (Oh and make sure they keep you on 2.3.3!)

Thanks man, will try that :D

Advertisement