Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos Chat Thread #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Oh that's great. I'm glad a posted my silly question now. Thanks a million.

As long as it is an Irish sub that they sold in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

As long as it is an Irish sub that they sold in the end.

I hope so, it has an Irish flag on the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I hope so, it has an Irish flag on the box.

Sorted then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Are these the subs for €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dublin Muppet

yep got them in illac centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Sorry for going off topic everyone but I have a €111 Argos gift card there if anyone wants to take it off me for €100..

I'm in Dublin 11 and can meet up.. pm me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dublin Muppet

sweetie wrote: »
    I'll try one out for you and let you know

kind of you to offer but I will take my chances

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Anybody know for sure if the ps plus subscriptions are working? I tried buy one in Wexford but was told that they werent able to sell them as they werent activating and customers were coming back for refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

shoxter wrote: »
    Anybody know for sure if the ps plus subscriptions are working? I tried buy one in Wexford but was told that they werent able to sell them as they werent activating and customers were coming back for refunds.

Would like to know this also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Just a heads up, and I'm not sure if it's just the one item or not, but something which appeared to have no stock in any store online actually had stock in multiple stores when I checked in store.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, and I'm not sure if it's just the one item or not, but something which appeared to have no stock in any store online actually had stock in multiple stores when I checked in store.

Happens regularly- they take it off the computer so it can't be ordered. We've noted here (in this thread) numerous times. At Christmas we all went nuts over a very cut-price set of drawers that they did this on (before that there was a camera- and even sodastream gas refills last autumn). Think of those Macbook Airs too? It recurs. Its just the way they pull things from sale that might have the wrong price- or that they don't want to sell (for whatever reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Happens regularly- they take it off the computer so it can't be ordered. We've noted here (in this thread) numerous times. At Christmas we all went nuts over a very cut-price set of drawers that they did this on (before that there was a camera- and even sodastream gas refills last autumn). Think of those Macbook Airs too? It recurs. Its just the way they pull things from sale that might have the wrong price- or that they don't want to sell (for whatever reason).

Ah I didn't know that. This wasn't a sale item or miss priced though so they might be pulling it for another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

plenty of stock around, perfect for the summer holidays on the continent

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3684117

currys have the same version with the uk and roi maps for 100 but you have to pay for the upgrade maps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

kind of you to offer but I will take my chances

Just got the last one in all three city centre branches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

shoxter wrote: »

Just got the last one in Naas and it worked perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

wilser wrote: »
    Just got the last one in Naas and it worked perfectly :)

Not able to buy them in Sligo - was told there is recall and they won't scan at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Has anyone confirmed if they even work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

2 posts above yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Don't know how I missed that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3925508/Trail/searchtext%3EMACBOOK.htm

*Please don't turn into apple bashing off-topicness!*

1349 in Argos and the same machine is 1499 direct from Apple. It'd be great if the 256gb version was for sale in Argos at a similar discount but alas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

johnf26 wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1297850/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CPS3%7C14419785.htm

playstation plus 365days was 47.99 now down to 14.99 well worth it, in store only cant be reserved online .

Thank you. I managed to get two of these, one has worked perfectly and the other is a gift, great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

My pal just grabbed the last three in the Cavan store.
    He managed to reserve the last five in the Monaghan store while he was there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My pal just grabbed the last three in the Cavan store.
    He managed to reserve the last five in the Monaghan store while he was there too!

That's just greed. I had one reserved and didn't get in for it last night. Was in there at 11.29 this morning after store opened at 11 to be told all three were gone.

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's just greed. I had one reserved and didn't get in for it last night. Was in there at 11.29 this morning after store opened at 11 to be told all three were gone.

How is it greed? He's distributing them out among all his friends fair and square.
    Fair play to him, I got one off him for 15 quid.

How is it greed? He's distributing them out among all his friends fair and square.
    Fair play to him, I got one off him for 15 quid.

You didn't say that in your first post. Fair play to him for having 7 friends who need PSN subscriptions that he is driving round the country for.

I saw three in stock in Cavan on Friday evening. Reserved one for myself and didn't get in for it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you had 2 chances to get that. you could have got in last night but didnt. you could have got in at 11 but didnt.
    its not greed. its the same if non boardsies get something, these deals arent solely reserved for boardsies. if its sold out when you got there then its no ones fault but your own.

You didn't say that in your first post. Fair play to him for having 7 friends who need PSN subscriptions that he is driving round the country for.

I saw three in stock in Cavan on Friday evening. Reserved one for myself and didn't get in for it yesterday.

I didn't feel the need to fully explain it in the first place. I didn't expect a case of sour grapes tbh.
    As the wise poster above pointed out. You missed your chance because you didn't walk into the store like my friend did.
    If you read the link it says you couldn't reserve online anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Are ye just going in store to buy them as I still can't seem to reserve one

Hococop wrote: »
    Are ye just going in store to buy them as I still can't seem to reserve one
    They can't be reserved online pal, you have to actually walk into the store. You can reserve in another store from there though if you can find some in stock. There might be some in Drogheda.

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    you had 2 chances to get that. you could have got in last night but didnt. you could have got in at 11 but didnt.
    its not greed. its the same if non boardsies get something, these deals arent solely reserved for boardsies. if its sold out when you got there then its no ones fault but your own.

I saw three in stock Friday evening and reserved one. I wouldn't agree with taking all three which is why I didn't reserve all three.

Yes, I did miss my chance but my own personal opinion is that I don't agree with someone driving round the country picking them all up so nobody else gets the bargain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement