Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saorview TV trouble in Balbriggan

• 15-03-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have just moved into the Balbriggan area and I cannot get Saorview on my Saorview approved TV.

I was living in Saggart, and had no problem with getting the channels. I have a small rabbit ear aerial. This worked perfectly in Saggart.

Please advise as I can't afford sky or NTL at the moment.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Sjtaylor wrote: »
    I have just moved into the Balbriggan area and I cannot get Saorview on my Saorview approved TV.

I was living in Saggart, and had no problem with getting the channels. I have a small rabbit ear aerial. This worked perfectly in Saggart.

Saggart would have line-of sight coveage from the Three Rock transmitter but the Balbriggan area is covered by the Clermont Carn transmitter in north Co. Louth. The rabbit ears aerial is your problem most likely, not good enough.

You'll probably require an external aerial setup, you could test an aerial in the attic and see how the reception is.

Someone in the Balbriggan area may be able to advise what Saorview reception is like.

http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks,

Hi there,

I'm up the road in Balrothery, I also have a saorview TV, I tried the rabbits ear thingy like you and it didn't work, I picked up an Aerial very similar to this one : http://touch.adverts.ie/satellite/wideband-uhf-aerial-with-wall-mount-free-irish-tv-saorview-outdoor/4205259 and a length of co-ax cable, a couple of connectors from arro and did it with my mate one day, handy job and can pick up a few uk channels with it also....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Terrestrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Thanks,

So called rabbits ear aerials are VHF aerials for FM and DAB radio. They are not suitable for UHF. Get a proper outdoor aerial installed as the broadcasters intend.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

OP I presume you tried a rescan when in Balbriggan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

OP I presume you tried a rescan when in Balbriggan?

Makes no difference, rabbits ears in Balbriggn or anywhere not right ontop of a transmitter is a no no.

Advertisement