Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beta testers needed.

• 08-09-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all.

I am in the process of creating a fishing community website that uses interactive features. At the moment we have a basic show and tell site up and running where people can tag a photo of their catch to the map and show where they caught their fish.

It is completely free and open to all ages and types of fishers. The site is set to be a huge community with some great features free to use to members, some features like ( private members fishing log, being able to create a fishing itinerary planner ) and a hole lot more.....

So I am here to ask people to go to the site an use it, upload pics and tag them to the map and show off your catch......

The site is www.myworldfishing.com

Thank you all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭jack01986

Sounds like a nice idea. You might find that people could be a little reluctant to give the precise area where they caught the fish. Any other features planned? Ill sign up in a bit and tag an few pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Patolagola

jack01986 wrote: »
    Sounds like a nice idea. You might find that people could be a little reluctant to give the precise area where they caught the fish. Any other features planned? Ill sign up in a bit and tag an few pictures.

Yea I agree, its not about showing the precise area, more about the general area... If I catch on the wexford coast I'l stick a tag along the wexford coast....

We have a fare few features in the pipline and are also open to suggestions.

Some of them will be.
    Rating a pic,
    comments on a pic.
    tutorials section.
    tides,

Actully, if I list them Il be here all night :) so there is gona be allot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Patolagola wrote: »
    ...... where people can tag a photo of their catch to the map and show where they caught their fish.......

Heh, heh, heh :p Very creative.

coolwings wrote: »
    Heh, heh, heh :p Very creative.

?????

Ok after re-reading the above comments "now that im awake" I can see where the worries are.

The fishing in Ireland is by far some of the best in the world and is the 1 sport, hobbie, passtime, business in Ireland that EVERYONE has tryed at some stage. The problem is its been left in the dark ages in terms of I.T and all I'm trying to do is look at ways to help the home grown fisherman or the tourist plan and enjoy fishing that little bit more.

As for the worrie: I dont want to show people my fishing spot...

Ok, I myself do the very same thing and have always done it. I have fishing spots that my father showed me years ago and if Im there fishing and another fisher asks me did I have any luck I will say no " even thoe I just released a 4lbs trout" because that my fishing spot and thats that.

What I am trying to do is show what is being caught where not what is being caught on the exact spot on each beach or lake.

If I go fishing at MY spot that I have on belssinton lakes and catch a nice fish I will upload the image to the site and tag it on blesso lakes, not on the exact spot I caught the fish.

I am in no way trying to find peoples secret fishing spots, because I and everyother fisherman in the world knows that sort of information is worth more then gold to a fisher. I am sorry if I have made it seem that way but I'm not........

Tight lines.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I've been working on a similar android app. Is private though, statistical data is uploaded and available (primarily why I'm doing it) to see what is being caught in general to provide a health guide but the actual data is personal, so effectively a journal for the user.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Website is not bad at all, am happy to assist if you like & then I can android that afterwards.

ch750536 wrote: »
    Website is not bad at all, am happy to assist if you like & then I can android that afterwards.

Thank you for the offer mate, Im currently working with to other lads on the project, but about the app, Is it even worth the effort because of the charges to subscription and licences?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭con___manx1

nice website fair play to you .. pictures of some really nice fish..

nice website fair play to you .. pictures of some really nice fish..

Thank you Con, theres some errors to work out but thats what testing is for..lol...

• Advertisement
Advertisement