Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Update to Jellybean 4.1.2 Ireland

• 05-08-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering does anyone in Ireland have the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and if you do is the update to Jellybean 4.1.2 available in Ireland yet

Thanks in advance

JT12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Install it with Odin. here

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JT12

Install it with Odin. here

is this an official way of doing it or is this a way Samsung wouldn't like people doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

JT12 wrote: »
    is this an official way of doing it or is this a way Samsung wouldn't like people doing it

It's perfectly safe. Odin is a programme to fix Samsung devices.

It's perfectly safe. Odin is a programme to fix Samsung devices.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

JT12 wrote: »

Odin is a tool to Flash your phone and install ROMS or directly update firmware on an Android phone.

Using this method is perfectly safe, but I'd recommend reading up and maybe watching a YouTube video or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

i have the update ,must of been OTA up in Northern Ireland.
    that was months ago!

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    i have the update ,must of been OTA up in Northern Ireland.
    that was months ago!

Thank's yeah they said the UK got it so presumably Northern Ireland is part of the UK but thanks for telling me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

if your ever up there maybe an idea to grab a wifi connection and try

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Heroes

I upgraded to 4.1.2 with my Ace 2 and I am find it very slow and the keyboard has got a lot smaller. did anybody else have this problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How did you get it? What network was the phone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement