Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix App not available on Samsung BD E5500 3D Blu Ray player with Smart Hub

• 06-01-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I've been searching tirelessly for days to find out if there's anyway possible to get Netflix for my Blu Ray player.
    Samsung BD E5500 3D Blu Ray player with Smart Hub (New for 2012)

It seems you can't even register with Samsung for the player as there's nothing in the list for blu ray devices.

Does someone know of a way to get it, I mean it should be available from the Samsung apps portal but it's not. Ace Itrax or whatever is available but for € 1.99 to €5 something per rental or purchase it seems like you'd be throwing money down the drain vs Netflix's € 7 per month and seemingly thousands (read hundreds, but actually tens) of choices

I think it's available on Samsung Smart TV's and the Netflix site does say that the player is supported by them. With the slight exception it says BD 'D'5500 and not BD 'E'5500. What gives. Anyone else having any similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chekhov

Hi,
    Had the same problem, every app except Netflix. I'm guessing when you first set up the Samsung you put Ireland down as the country. You need to change that to the UK.

Now, changing the country isn't in any of the menus (way too easy) so do this.

Go into the main smart hub (use the hub button) then press using the fast forward and rewind keys, point the remote at the player and press

[FF]289[REW] quickly.

and after a short while the setup country popup will appear on the tele. The UK is all the way down the bottom and it takes forever to get there but once you have selected that the Netflix app will appear in the videos section of the smart app store. Make sure your internet is connected so it can do the smart store update thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bgamer

Thanks that helped. Even though by now there is a netflix preview on in the smart hub view, I still had to do it. I think i'll forego the player as it is too sluggish and tedious to navigate. It's much handier on a laptop, which I have connected to the tv instead. Kudos for the tip still.

Advertisement