Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dcbeast

Zola100 wrote: »
    Oughterard :) , yourself ?

Carraroe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Glad to see that there's a few Village peeps around here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brian badonde

Wow. Who cares when the classes are on, you should be attending them, not worried about your nights out.

GOD you are a dry arse

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

F :( Not far away though.

Ah nice. I'm sure we'll all get together some nights and such. :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Insulting of posters on here will not be tolerated, brian badonde infracted for personal abuse

I'd advise all new posters to read the boards.ie charter and the UCC forum charter before posting thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

What subjects are you's planning on taking for Arts?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

anyone doing Biological and chemical science or staying in farranlea?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

kimkim wrote: »

Yeah, I'm staying in Farranlea. If you've visited it before what do you think of the place? I've never actually been there. (My friend checked it out for us)

Nicole. wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm staying in Farranlea. If you've visited it before what do you think of the place? I've never actually been there. (My friend checked it out for us)

i went to see it yesterday actually, it's nice enough. we saw the show apartment so it prob was one of the nicer ones. It was like a hallway when you go in the door with a window at the end. there were 6 rooms. 5 bedrooms and one room with a kitchen, table and couches. Do you know your way around cork? anyway, most of the accommodation buildings are close to eachother, and farranlea is about a 10 min walk from UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

I'm doing bio and chem sciences :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Saracarroll

Any future med students heard anything from UCC re: vaccines etc???

i went to see it yesterday actually, it's nice enough. we saw the show apartment so it prob was one of the nicer ones. It was like a hallway when you go in the door with a window at the end. there were 6 rooms. 5 bedrooms and one room with a kitchen, table and couches. Do you know your way around cork? anyway, most of the accommodation buildings are close to eachother, and farranlea is about a 10 min walk from UCC.

Yeah, the show room's meant to be nice :):) I've heard mixed things about Farranlea in regards to damp etc so I'll be taking pictures of my room when I move in. Apart from that it seems okay. No, I don't really, I've been there a few times throughout the years, visited UCC but that's it :pac::pac: Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Riverrunner

Any future med students heard anything from UCC re: vaccines etc???

Nope, haven't heard a thing from the college yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 andrewgally

Zola100 wrote: »
    Nice , where in mayo ya from , we will have to have a session when we all get down :)

Crossmolina.near Ballina.what about yerselves? Did ya find out what apartment ye'r in yet? guarenteed session. be mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

English, History, Maths and Psychology. How about yourself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MadelineX

Remember you are are only guaranteed your first 3 subject choices so if you want to study one of the more popular subjects don't put it down last - psychology and english seem to fill up first with geography and sociology also popular.

This is from the first year student guide...

Note: All students are guaranteed the first, second and third choice of subjects, provided any prerequisites are met.
    Quota restrictions apply in the choice of fourth subject. In the case of the fourth subject, where the number of requests for a particular subject exceeds the quota, then places in that subject will be allocated on the basis of total Leaving Certificate points

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bah94

yeah goin to brookfield in block D :) anyone else stayin there or studyin applied psych?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 maii95

i'm also doing biological and chemical sciences :D

maii95 wrote: »
    i'm also doing biological and chemical sciences :D

yay, someone else! Might see you so, are you going to the Orientation and Registration on the 13th?

Yeah, the show room's meant to be nice :):) I've heard mixed things about Farranlea in regards to damp etc so I'll be taking pictures of my room when I move in. Apart from that it seems okay. No, I don't really, I've been there a few times throughout the years, visited UCC but that's it :pac::pac: Do you?

ya, im taking pics too. just incase they blame any faults on me at the end of the year. there not supposed to be the best for giving back all your deposit. ya, im not too far from cork city so im up often enough. once you've walked the city 3 or 4 times, you'll know your way around no bother. feel free to pm me anyway of your stuck.:)

• Advertisement

I'm doing bio and chem sciences :)

good, another person!:D do you know when our course is actually starting, like i know registration is the 13th, but how long after that?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

If you want English, put it as your number one, and at a stretch (if it needs be) your number two. That class fills up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

good, another person!:D do you know when our course is actually starting, like i know registration is the 13th, but how long after that?:)

I think everyone starts (as in the whole college) on the 24th, not 100% on that though :)

When is everyone moving into their accommodation?

I think everyone starts (as in the whole college) on the 24th, not 100% on that though :)

When is everyone moving into their accommodation?

no idea, mine is available from the 3rd, so anytime between tehn and when we start i guess. what about freshers week, do people move in for that?

ya, im taking pics too. just incase they blame any faults on me at the end of the year. there not supposed to be the best for giving back all your deposit. ya, im not too far from cork city so im up often enough. once you've walked the city 3 or 4 times, you'll know your way around no bother. feel free to pm me anyway of your stuck.:)

Yeah, I've read all of the comments about Farranlea, they will not be getting a fortune from me for a broken cup :) I'm from Tipperary so moving to Cork will be a big shock. I have a terrible sense of direction, it seems like a great city though, is it? Thanks, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 breeno94

anybody in block h in brookfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Anybody here doing B.I.S? havent seen much on here saying they were doing it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kate_2293

Anyone else staying in Deans Hall??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

English, history, geography and politics. The first three are definite, the last is a possibility.
    Their my pick aswell :) im still a bit nervous incase its a major work load on myself ... where are ye all staying? :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 maii95

yay, someone else! Might see you so, are you going to the Orientation and Registration on the 13th?
    yes i'm going to the orientation week from the 3rd- 7th and will be at registration on the 13th :)

Advertisement