Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bargains and various deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you shop in Tesco and spend 50 quid you get a voucher for 5c off /litre of petrol,100 euro gets you 10c off/litre in Sweeneys petrol stations in Galway.

Sweeney Oil,
    Moycullen, Galway
    Sweeney Oil,
    Claregalway Road, Oranmore, Co. Galway
    Sweeney Oil,
    Headford Road, Galway

Not going to set the world alight as bargains go (well, it could...) but just thought I'd mention it anyway as people might not have copped that these vouchers were redeemable in Galway where there's no Tesco petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i never knew that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

shot2go wrote: »
    i never knew that
    I pointed it out thirteen months ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85491044&postcount=493

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

snubbleste wrote: »

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Is going into the old Atlantic Homecare in the galway shopping centre

Forgive my ignorance and I know this post is from last year (bit slow on the uptake), but is the Galway Shopping Centre the one where the Eye Cinema/g hotel is? Never heard of Dealz so just looked them up, basically like Poundland in the UK right?

• Advertisement

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance and I know this post is from last year (bit slow on the uptake), but is the Galway Shopping Centre the one where the Eye Cinema/g hotel is? Never heard of Dealz so just looked them up, basically like Poundland in the UK right?

No, it's the one on the Headford Road where Tesco is the main tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Galway Shopping Centre the one where the Eye Cinema/g hotel is?

Just FYI, the place where the EYE cinema and G Hotel are is called the Wellpark Retail Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah. Dealz is like a €1/€2/Poundland type shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Thanks all, I mean it's not like I've lived here for 12 years or anything....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

No, Galway shopping centre is on the Headford road, it the one with Tesco/Penny's/SuperMacs/Dealz etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

All burgers in Rockin' Joe's (formerly Eddie Rockets but local diners broke away from franchise) are currently €2 dine-in on Mondays or €3 every day if ordered for collection: www.rockinjoes.ie

Edit: Also €5 off online orders over €15 with code FB5.

Heaney Meats recently opened a factory shop in Liosbaun Ind Est, they have some very good offers - keep an eye on their FB page.

I checked it out yesterday, got 1kg of really good quality steak mince for €5.50. Nice selection of quality meats, good prices and easy parking... my new regular butcher.

Open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm

http://www.heaneymeats.ie/Shop.html

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=644013755667397

I buy almost all my food in Aldi apart from meat now. Always find the Aldi mince very rubbery, even after several hours in the slow cooker. Doesn't compare to butchers steak mince that will crumble and brown when cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

J o e wrote: »
    I buy almost all my food in Aldi apart from meat now. Always find the Aldi mince very rubbery, even after several hours in the slow cooker. Doesn't compare to butchers steak mince that will crumble and brown when cooked.

The thing about cheap mince, no matter where you buy it, is to pour off the fat after it browns. Steak mince is nice and all, but I think it is mainly nice because it is leaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

1 euro bags of fruit in Joyces last night just inside the door!

I checked it out yesterday, got 1kg of really good quality steak mince for €5.50. Nice selection of quality meats, good prices and easy parking... my new regular butcher.
    Tesco have 2x500g irish lean beef steak mince for €4 from tomorrow..

Four cupcakes in a presentation box for €1 from Sweetie Pies
    Buy http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/grabone-39
    Use that to buy http://www.grabone.ie/galway/sweetie-pies-ltd-5

€10 instead of €24 for 2 Tickets (Adult or Child) to Fossett’s Circus 16-21 September http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/144534

• Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Heaney Meats recently opened a factory shop in Liosbaun Ind Est, they have some very good offers - keep an eye on their FB page.

I only spotted this now. I must check them out. Mmmmmm loads of meat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I had a look for them once and didn't spot them. Where exactly are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Questionable whether any price is a bargain for a new U2 album but Zhivago are selling it for €10 tomorrow as well as their other top 10 CDs.

It's up on their FB page.

QikBax wrote: »
    Questionable whether any price is a bargain for a new U2 album but Zhivago are selling it for €10 tomorrow as well as their other top 10 CDs.

It's up on their FB page.

Can't you download the U2 album for free if you have itunes or install itunes for free just to get that album ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Can't you download the U2 album for free if you have itunes or install itunes for free just to get that album ?

Indeed.

Some people still like to have the physical CD or Vinyl/line Bono's pockets.

€9 for Ten Coffees, Teas or Hot Chocolates at Cafe Zealous & 5% cashback
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/galway/cafe-zealous/54697676

Tesco have a promotion ending tomorrow on counter made pizza.
    Baked or unbaked, with as much as you want on it
    9" €2
    12" €3

Tesco have a promotion ending tomorrow on counter made pizza.
    Baked or unbaked, with as much as you want on it
    9" €2
    12" €3
    It appears to be ongoing with no end date

25% off your groceries
    Supervalu has a spend €40 & get €10 off coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

LIDL in Doughiska have 1200W woodwork routers reduced to 19.99. Couldn't resist, even though I already got one from Aldi a while back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

25% off your groceries
    Supervalu has a spend €40 & get €10 off coupon

Not countrywide

Advertisement