Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MORE crap on the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

tac foley wrote: »

I'm ignoring all the one-eyed dingbat countries where five-year-old kids with eyes full of flies walk around the street lugging an AK, I'm talking about civilised countries.

tac

Laughed my hole off at eyes full of flies. Priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Big Bangstick

Grizzly your a member of mnsci so you're a member of nrai.

So will you tell us all exactly what association you are a member of? Or do you just like name calling and slagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well,seeing that NRAI never has sked me for money or sent me notice of any AGM or what not. Im not in the NARGC as I dont have any clubs near me,NASRPC doesnt do individual membership ASFICS,likewise SC.So I'd I'd hardly consider myself a member.
    Where have I slagged you are called you names BB? Please point that out or retract your comment.
    And what exactly is YOUR agenda here?Apart from doom and gloom mongering ?You seem to revel in conspircy theories and almost want this legislation to come thu for whatever reason.And who are you a member with?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

The NARGC should come out with something I am surprised they haven't by now. Read some of the posts here haven't read them all admittedly . Grizzly is right this is more than just thin edge of a.wedge. This is very serious.to ALL shooters . The ones who sit back and watch this thinking ' phew I'm okay' will be next.
    But enough opposition in the eu already .
    Ladies and gents
    Our sport is always being scrutinised that I can put up with it. However don't label us as fringe lunatics who murder people in city streets because of some religious ideals .that we do not have to put up with . That is basically what some no named unelected euro-c-rat is attempting to say with this very thinly veiled gun grab. Won't mention the other shooting organisations here as they are busy I'd say. Looking forward to what NARGC comes out with.

Here is a link to get your say in on this to the EU.Remember they want to push this in as well in 90 DAYS from now.:(:( Which is already breaking the EU law as directives usually take 18 to 24 months before they are decided on.
    Get a say in,or forever hold your peace,when your piece has been banned or confiscated by the EU.

https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/?fuseaction=feedback&docId=3085376&language=en
    also

Also a good read on the backround on this Same Treibel that some of you buy bits off in Germany. Shows what kind of bullies are in charge over us.:(

History of the proposal by Katjia Triebel
    http://www.firearms-united.com/images/download/marini.pdf

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

People ought to be writing off.
    You might think it does no good; maybe - but it does active harm to not write off because people can say "well, nobody complained and silence means assent in these cases".
    Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your feedback on the Commission proposal: COM(2015)750/F1
    Proposal for a DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL amending Council Directive 91/477/EEC on control of the acquisition and possession of weapons.

All feedback received may be published on the European Commission webpage and will be summarized and presented to the European Parliament and Council, with the aim of feeding into the legislative debate.

European Commission

Your feedback message:
    In 1972, in response to rising religious terrorism threats in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland instigated a ban on all firearms other than air rifles, .22 calibre rifles and shotguns. This ban was so hastily brought in that it was later found to have been illegal and unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 2004, but the ban persisted for over 30 years. During that period of time, no fullbore firearms or pistols of any kind could be legally possessed by anyone other than the army or police in Ireland. Similarly strict regulations were enforced on explosives of all kinds. Despite these exceptionally strict laws, the strictest regulatory framework governing firearms in the entire EU in fact, the Troubles continued unaffected and we suffered thirty years of religious terrorism, random bombing and shooting attacks, both in mass attacks on civilians in broad daylight and covert attacks on individuals targeted away from public view. The firearms regulations did absolutely nothing to stop this, because religious terrorists who have decided that they wish to murder people have already decided to break laws with far more serious penalties than the various Firearms Acts. While this all transpired from 1972 through to 1998, the principle remains unchanged today. Changing EU firearms legislation in order to deter or prevent attacks by religious terrorists is so ridiculous that it beggars belief that it would be suggested as a viable means of protecting EU citizens and whomever proposed the idea should reexamine it with a cold eye in light of actual historical events throughout Europe over the past thirty years or more. We would be far better served by less cowardly and unrealistic approaches to this problem, which demonstrate at least a rudimentary knowledge of human psychology and behaviour. The idea that such a fundamental problem could be addressed by drafting laws which only law-abiding citizens would adhere to is asinine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Sparks wrote: »
    People ought to be writing off.
    You might think it does no good; maybe - but it does active harm to not write off because people can say "well, nobody complained and silence means assent in these cases".

I would have expected a slew of burglaries and thefts of licensed firearms and a barnful of ballistic data collected during The Troubles if civilian firearms were of any use to the factions.

I think the AK's used in Paris 13/11 were semi auto only, maybe that's where the anti shooting lobby got their opportunity with this.

Will put something together and will cc my MEP's.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shooting/law/2015-news/European-Commission-gun-ban-open-poll-lies/Guidelines.pdf

Heres a link to some of the guide lines for writing in as well . They are emphasising NOT to cut &paste the reply too!!
    BTW it was intresting when the last time these people got over 100 thousand negative comments and reviews the proposals were automatically "reset" and it was claimed that the data was" contaminated".IOW it didnt suit their agenda that 100k worth of Eu subjects were not buying this anti gun line.

One thing I think however we have here which we should be ALL stressing and empathising is ,simply the Irish situation of living in this gun banned utopia with NI for the last 35 years of the NI conflict.
    Conclusion,it didnt work in Ireland[and still doesn't to this day],so why should it work in the EU.
    Nor did it work with Germany Red Army Faction/Baader Meinhoff, Italy with its Red Brigades,France with Action Directe,Spain with ETA,Belguim with both nationalist groups,Austria/Italy with the Tryolian separtists??So now wht should it work with Jihadists..
    I'm sure Sparks wont mind you using his exellent submission either if you cant come up with anything else.

The poll will only be open until January 18th, 2016 while the proposal will be preliminarly introduced to the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection of the European Parliament next Monday, December 7th.[/B]

Time is PARAMOUNT here! Provide your feedback to the European Commission to voice your opposition! Download, read and spread the document on how Fabio Marini and other members of the EU's so-called "expert group on firearms" concocted to push their gun control agenda into effect. Facebook all4shooters.com or webpage www.all4shooters.com or www.all4hunters.com. for more info

Its your sport people,its your chance to tell the EU , at least on this,to get stuffed,and God forbid it might be an ultima ratio one day on our streets .
    Our organisations have done or said NOTHING sofar on this.I have rung and emailed and FBd them all[including the ones I am supposed to belong to].has anyone else?If so any replies?It might be up to us to do this one by our shin feins...Speak up now or forever hold your peace.

yubabill1 wrote: »

I think the AK's used in Paris 13/11 were semi auto only, maybe that's where the anti shooting lobby got their opportunity with this.

Will put something together and will cc my MEP's.

Nope ,select fire,just used on semi auto setting on the street and on FA in the Batacalan going by reports,with about 4 mag changes.:(

• Advertisement

Thinking out loud here - thinking of keeping it simple.

First, the recent terrorist attacks in Paris, Beirut, Egypt, Mali and other countries are atrocities and are condemned by all firearms enthusiasts.

Next, ask MEP's to consider the objective of the proposal given;

1. Civilian firearms were not used in Paris (thanks, Griz)

2. Automatic firearms mostly banned and strictly regulated in the few places where available

3. Civilian firearms not used in the Troubles (bar the first few months, quickly discarded as hopeless) and were not a source of supply for paramilitaries on either side (both got good at actually manufacturing their own stuff; Loyalists made small arms from scratch, Republicans perfected mortars).

4. Stricter regulation would not have prevented/will not prevent any attacks.

5. Proposals should concentrate on illegal firearms trafficking and supply routes.

Just sent FWIW

RE: COM(2015)750/F1
    Proposal for a DIRECTIVE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL amending Council Directive 91/477/EEC on control of the acquisition and possession of weapons

First, the recent terrorist attacks in Paris, Beirut, Egypt, Mali, Tunisia and other countries are atrocities and are condemned by all firearms enthusiasts.

Bolt action rifles were designed in the 19th century and pre-date the internal combustion engine, the lightbulb and even mains electricity. Apart from military heavy weapons such as the Gatling gun, Vickers machine gun and such, semi automatic light firearms were designed shortly after the manually-operated bolt action. Self-loading products such as the Remington model 8 (patented 1900), Standard Arms Model G and Winchester's Model 1905 were quickly adopted by hunters and target shooters, while the military only commissioned self-loading light firearms such as the RSC 1917 (France) and BAR Model 1918 (USA) some years later.
    Late 19th century self-loading handguns struggled to replace the revolver designs in use by the military and even the famous Luger was bought only by civilians from 1898 until adopted by the Swiss military in 1900.
    In the last decade, modern precision manufacturing techniques such as CNC machining have enabled semi automatic firearms to be produced to extreme tolerances, greatly improving accuracy - an advantage the bolt action always held over self-loading firearms. Presently, the US and UK militaries are replacing their bolt action sniper rifles with semi automatic rifles. Precision target shooters have been aware of these advances for some time and many have long ago moved to semi automatic firearms for competition use, where advantages include the ability to launch a string of aimed shots during quiet periods in changeable wind conditions and allowing shooters with impaired abilities (there are quite a few) to compete on an equal footing.

MEP's must consider the objective of the proposal given;

1. Civilian firearms were not used in Paris;

2. Automatic firearms are mostly banned in the EU and strictly regulated in the few places where available;

3. Stricter regulation would not have prevented/will not prevent any attacks;

4. Representatives should be mindful that they are potentially legislating for a readily-identifiable and registered minority;
    5. Proposals should concentrate on illegal firearms trafficking and supply routes.

Representatives should be mindful of the motives of the proposal authors, who removed a recent consultation on EU firearms circulated in 22 languages. With 85,000 respondents - nearly all firearms enthusiasts - recommending no changes to the current firearms ecosystem. It was replaced it by a phone poll, with 26,000 participants who had to be actively sought, as there was little or no interest from the general public in responding to the original research call.
    Firearms enthusiasts question the level of general public knowledge on firearms authorisation procedures in their own territories and the veracity or relevance of data gathered from such sources by people who conflate both authorised and illegal firearms in their pejorative reporting.

UPDATE;

emailed several MEP's as per Lk Sovereigns below - just got reply from Matt Carthy

A chara,

Thank you for your e-mail and for drawing attention to some of the specific parts and ramifications of the European Commission’s 18th November proposals.

In light of the recent attacks and security threats, policy makers are attempting to navigate through some difficult reforms. We share your concerns that legislation hastily adopted does not always manage to target the right areas and can sometimes indirectly affect law-abiding citizens. We will follow the proposed reforms closely when they make their way to the Parliament.

Is mise le meas,

Matt Carthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Noted, thank you. Working on getting some info for the airsofters. It might be a waste of time but we can only try...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

I have e-mailed my four MEPs (Ireland South Constituency) and asked them if they are in favour of or opposed to this proposal. I did not state what my own position on the matter is.

I will post any replies received.

Could others do the same for the other two constituencies?

Has passed 170 thousand now.With an intresting fact.A country smaller than Ireland has been delivering more signitures per head per capita than some of the bigger countries.Thats MALTA!! Surely we can do just as good with all our moaning about the EU in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bluezulu49

The NARGC should come out with something I am surprised they haven't by now.

NARGC website this morning 27th November 2015.

http://nargc.ie/will-terrorists-comply-with-the-revision-of-the-firearms-directive/

http://nargc.ie/deep-concern-with-proposed-euro-legislation/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

European Airsoft Association statement posted to airsoft forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97884013#post97884013

Hope we can get you some more signatures ;) Divided, we fall.

(Copy of their fb statement this morning. Great effort by Matt, who worked on it until 3am.)

The EU analisis of the firearms directive.Its a very hefty read,but for the academics amongst us of great value.
    https://legalwaffenbesitzer.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/2014-12-final-report-commented.pdf

The EU wants to hear from its flock...er ...citizens on how they are doing at screwing up our lives.:)
    https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/EUCitizenship

You might want to mention as a gun owner how:

Tell EC that YOU - as a legal gun owner - cannot move to another MS, because your right to own guns is not accepted in the other country.

Tell EC that even with an EFP (European Firearms Passport) you have difficulties to visit another MS.

Tell EC that the Commission - instead to solve the main problems that this study has identified - wants to ban minor problems for which data ar missing (semi-automatic weapons, online purchase).

Be polite, use your own words and don't write to much!

Here the link to the commented report. If you download the PDF you can read Katja's comments. This is the evaluation EC based its proposal. Read the last two pages: https://legalwaffenbesitzer.files.wordpress.com/…/2014-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

207911 as of now has signed

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Tell EC that YOU - as a legal gun owner - cannot move to another MS, because your right to own guns is not accepted in the other country.
    We don't have a right to possess firearms (and the right to own property you can't be in possession of is a bit academic at best)...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Here is a reply from one MEP.
    Dear BattleCorp,

Thank you for your email. Yours is one of a number I have received in relation to this package of measures recently adopted by the European Commission to make it more difficult to acquire firearms in the EU including a revision of the Firearms Directive, an Implementing Regulation on common minimum standards of deactivation of firearms and an action plan against the illegal trafficking of weapons and explosives.

The Implementing Regulation has already been voted on by Member States and the text formally adopted by the College of Commissioners. It will be published immediately in the Official Journal and will enter into force after three months. However, the proposed amendments to the Firearms Directive tabled by the Commission must still be approved by the European Parliament and Council and please be assured I will take all concerns raised to me on board if or when this matter comes before the Parliament.

Kind regards

Is mise le meas

Sparks wrote: »
    We don't have a right to possess firearms (and the right to own property you can't be in possession of is a bit academic at best)...

Remember this article is coming from a EU country that does have this right.So add /delete to whats pertinent to us here.

Thing is, you send in a line like that and you're immediately for the "easily rebuffed with a throwaway answer" pile on the grounds that you don't know the law (which may or may not be true, but a mistake that simple lets them say you don't).

BattleCorp wrote: »
    So much bitching in this thread, it's sickening.

Has everybody on this forum written to the EU to let them know what we think of these dumbass proposals?

Has everybody signed the change.org petition?

Has everybody on this forum written to all the Irish MEP's?

Because if you haven't, shut the fcuk up and start writing to them now.

Sorry if I'm being a bit blunt here, but I'm sick listening to people bicker.

When our sport is safe, then fight away among yourselves.

Yes done and to our eu elected representatives.petition signed and waiting for opportunities to do anymore I can.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    And "Lakesider" finally shows his true colours and drops all pretence at debate and sinks to trying his hand at insults..LOOOOOSSSSSEEEEERRRRR!!:D:D If those are all my crimes against shooting sports in Ireland saying ammo is expensive or mooting a suggestion that was made YEARS ago by the NASRPC itself..Then guilty.But at least I'm not sitting on my ass keyboard warrioring and slagging others for trying.

Yeha,you dont like being called out do you ?? IOW you have done SFA apart from airing your personal grudges and stupidity.
    Heres a tip..If you dont like my posts press the BLOCK button or report them to a Mod if you feel they invade your comfort zone...Otherwise go away and do somthing to save your sport or STFU!! BTW I'll keep this post on file,so when it does happen you will be the first ones here bawling like the big babbies you are about the loss of "your" guns or the diktats from Brussells.And I'll happily repost this on every whine and whinge you have spewed here...No go away and make yourself useful as something inert. Have a nice day :):)

Won't happen Grizzly .
    The euro zone won't ban guns.
    Don't even mention the war. 😨
    To many pro gun sports shooters in too many big states. Too much money involved.
    My .22rifle costs many many thousands of dollars. ☺

Mention the war as much as you like...us Krauts are well used to it by now.Been listening to it for 70 odd years now.:D
    We shouldnt take the chance that it will be so either ,especially HERE,as we know how ala carte we can be with EU laws.Usually not for the betterment or ease of life of our fellow citizens.
    Hopefully the money will be a cop on on having to pay out and loss to the EU. But then an organisation that issues directives on bent banannas,round apples and mandatory instructions to be included on how to use a candle!!! [YES thats the latest!!!] I'm worried,very worried!:eek:

I am not too worried. I just hope I am right this time. And it know you hope I am too.😊
    The eu is a political leviathan. A bureaucratic behemoth. It will grind to a halt eventually as did the other bureaucratic monster the USSR.
    This will go that way and I will be I happier.
    Problem is that we get all the shi t e legislation and none of the logical good stuff.
    Our donkeys rush to the altar of PC dickheadedness. They don't care about our rights and wishes.
    That is my worry.

https://www.facebook.com/GunbanEU/photos/a.1029375283750518.1073741828.1028025690552144/1032492163438830/?type=3&theater

Intresting to see that Ireland has 541 signs on Nov 28th. Cmon lads..We can do more thant that??:(

• Advertisement

Their plan or so it seems.

[https://www.vdb-waffen.de/de/service/nachrichten/aktuelle/2015-11-30_stellungnahme_zu_eu-

some opposition.. we are silent!!!!!

plaenen_verschaerfung_des_waffenrechts.htmlurl]http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-6110_en.htm[/url]

Advertisement