Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did you feel baby move first??

Options
  • 18-04-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi Ladies,

Im just wondering when did you feel movement for the first time? My son is 8 so I cant remember anything from when I was pregnant with him. I am now 14 weeks and have not felt any movements/flutters at all.
    I also dont really feel pregnant anymore but have read that that can be normal at this stage of pregnancy.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Are you starting to get a bump? You should have your first appointment soon so hopefully that will reassure you. You may not necessarily feel any movements until about 18 weeks, depending on the location of the placenta and how much padding you are acrrying around the middle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Yeah have a little bump, im in the hospital this week so that will reassure me. I was just wondering when it should start? Does having a tilted uterus affect the movement feeling??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

That would depend which way its tilted, but I'd imagine it would!

I felt first flutters around 14 weeks, my sister-in-law first felt movements around 20 weeks. Its so different for everyone.

Your uterus could be tilted away from the abdominal wall and the placenta could be on the tummy side of the uterus absorbing all those first little movements. Its still very early. The average is around 18 weeks to start feeling anything.

Thanks for that x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I felt baby fifrst between 14 and 15 weeks, but I reckon I was just sitting still at the right tme when the baby moved just the right way for me to feel it!
    I'm 21 weeks now, and have only felt the odd movement or nudge since. Nothing regular at all yet though- cant wait though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I felt one or two flutters at around 12 weeks, but then when everything started moving upwards, I couldn't feel them as much and by about 14 weeks not at all, but consultant said not to worry and when they did the scan we could see the baby in there dancing away. He said baby was very active, which is probably why I felt a bit so early. Now at 19 weeks and it's pretty much non-stop. One of my friends is 19 weeks too and she only felt the first movement on Saturday. I reckon it's whatever way the baby is lying.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I felt nothing until around 20 weeks.. I had an interior placenta though.. The midwife will tell you it'll be 22 weeks before you feel anything.. you're just lucky if you feel something before then..

I had girls (other mothers) asking me if I was feeling anything at week 12 and telling me they could feel "bubbles" at that stage :eek: this freaked me out.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

We are expecting our first, and my wife was feeling flutters from about 15 weeks, and I have been able to feel kicks since last week (20 weeks).

All the stuff I have read has said I shouldn't be able to feel them until about week 25 so we must have a strong kicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I was about 19 or 20 weeks before I felt anything - just little flutters.
    An amazing experience - enjoy every second of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Thanks for asking this Alde. I'm about 15 weeks and haven't felt anything. Have the reassurance of the scan but I was wondering the same. Exciting times ladies:)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the replies. Will just have to be patient and wait and see. I am in the hospital tomorrow for my first "official" visit with the consultant. Maybe they might hear the heartbeat on the doppler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

On my daughter (first) I didn't feel much until week 15/16. Kinda felt like little bubbles bursting inside!

On my son though, I felt it earlier at about 12 weeks, but only because I had them both quiet close together and knew what to expect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i'm 13 weeks 14 tomorrow and had my first appointment yesterday it was absoulelty amazing to see my little boy jumping around in there he wouldnt stay easy for 2 seconds! it was amazing. we found out were having a baby boy i'm absolutely over the moon and extatic and so excited i cant wait to meet my bundle of joy! :D i've been feeling flutters mostly all through the week for the first time. it feels incridable i'm over the moon xxxxxx love my little man with all my heart xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    i'm 13 weeks 14 tomorrow and had my first appointment yesterday it was absoulelty amazing to see my little boy jumping around in there he wouldnt stay easy for 2 seconds! it was amazing. we found out were having a baby boy i'm absolutely over the moon and extatic and so excited i cant wait to meet my bundle of joy! :D i've been feeling flutters mostly all through the week for the first time. it feels incridable i'm over the moon xxxxxx love my little man with all my heart xxxx

Isn't it just smashing. We all have one thing our husbands/partners will never have. We know our children longer, and we love them before they are even born. Men will NEVER know that!!! It rocks being a chick!!!!!

Advertisement