Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Port forward Eircom ,Ubiquity Nano station M5 PTMP

• 11-12-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone offer any advise on port forwarding on the following setup. I have setup a PTMP network.

I initially setup a PTP network, and then connected via Ethernet a 2nd PTP network to get around LOS .This is done via a later 2 bridge.

I have a Ubiquity Aircam linked at the very end chain. I would like to get the camera live on my phone!

Is it easy to active forwarding on the Eircom router?
    Do I need to activate port forward on each base station and camera?
    Can anyone give me a recommendation, what port ranges I need to open? forwarding

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Youd need to know more about your own setup. If you cam is in the same subnet as the router then all you have to do is set it up with a static and then forward the ports specified by the camera manufacturer. Also do you have a static IP from eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

What ED_E said is correct, in relation to your IP unless your a business user you probably won't have a static IP. The Ubnt wireless devices should not need to be configured further if the port is being forwarded from the router. What type of camera is it

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your advise :)

Its an Ubiquity air cam , I am adding maybe a foscam as well.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zetor6340

Hi, did you get that camera working ? I'm having issues with configuring port forwarding in my Eircom D1000 router - I cannot access the camera remotely - works fine over the LAN. I added a port forwarding rule for the camera ip and port but no luck. I managed to get it working from the old silver router before eircom sent a new one.

any help appreciated
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Just stumbled over this post. Did you get this sorted?
    You may need to turn the firewall setting down a notch on the slider.

I'm not a fan of the poor firewalls in standard ADSL routers

• Advertisement
Advertisement